RainStall

After spending amounts of time last night I have made a team that centralizes on a stall team that benefits from the rain

At a Glance

Politoed
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Choice Scarf
Nautre: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Moves:
Boiling Water
Focus Blast
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump/Surf
With Politoed's Dream World ability being Drizzle it's obvious it should be my lead. The moveset is pretty good in my opinion. Boiling Water is for STAB and the 30% chance of burning is nice. Hydro Pump is one of those accuracy over power things. Both are goods moves it just depends on what you want. Ice Beam is for Dragon types like Dragonite. Focus Blast is to take out Dark types like say Zoroark.

Blastoise
Ability: Rain Dish
Item: Leftovers/Rugged Helmet
Nautre: Bold
EVs: 252HP, 252 Def, 4Spd
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Protect
Toxic
Surf
With a combination of Rain Dish and Leftovers, Blastoise recovers 12% of its health each turn. That in combination with Protect/ allows Blastoise to stall out many opponents, even those that carry Grass or Electric type moves.his particular Blastoise set likes to be on a rain team, as it has a very similar role to Walrein iin hail team, being able to take hits well and recover the health quickly.

Blissey
Ability:Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Item: Leftovers
Protect
Wish
Seismic Toss/Water Pulse
Toxic
Blissey serves as a cleric, special wall, and status inflictor. Aromatherapy heals my team of status effects, Wishto heal my other tanker, Seismic Toss/Water Pulse to attack, and Toxic to damage those tanker. He can take a lot of special attacks but physical ones will destroy it.Also if u wan take Water Pulse to counter shandera

Zapdos
Ability:Lighting Rod/Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 62Spa / 252 Speed
Item: Leftovers
Thunder
Substitute
Hidden Power(Ice)
roost
SubRoost Zapdos is a variation of the physically defensive set, focused more on Toxic and PP stalling rather than being a physical sponge. This set takes advantage of Pressure and Zapdos’ immense movepool to drain your opponents HP and/or PP to the point where they are forced to switch, struggle, or faint.

The first three moveslots on Zapdos are pretty self explanatory, Thunder is for STAB and for finishing off weakened pokémon, Substitute takes advantage of Zapdos’ incredible speed and makes him immune from status effects which would otherwise spell the end of him. It also makes your opponent waste their PP by attacking a Substitute rather than Zapdos himself. Roost is for healing the damage caused by Substituting and your opponent.

Nattorei @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Sassy - 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect / Gyro Ball

Stealth Rock is additional entre hazards, and Skarmory already has Spikes. Leech Seed for recovery and for more stalling. Power Whip is consistant damage and Gyro Ball is an option over Protect for extra coverage. Protect, obviously for added stalling.

Skarmory
Ability:Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 def / 4 SpD
Nautre:Implish
Item:Shed Shell
?????
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird
providing excellent support and walling an astounding number of physical sweepers, such as Gyarados and Metagross. With Brave Bird, Skarmory can take a decent chunk out of anyone who doesn't resist it. Roost removes any damage Skarmory may have taken. Spikes causes trouble for any grounded Pokemon. Whirlwind removes any stat boosts the opponent may have obtained, and forces in another Pokemon to take damage from Spikes and other entry hazards.

That It thanks for reading this

It's not stall without passive damage. All you have is a bunch of bulky pokemon that can't attack. Where the hell is the Toxic? How can it be a stall team and NOTHING has Toxic? I mean, you say in Zapdos' description it's supposed to PP stall along with Toxic damage, except nothing has that move.

If you're going to have your Politoed have all attack moves at least give it Specs or Scarf to actually do damage or get the drop on something. Leftovers isn't doing non-bulky Politoed any favors.

Give Blastoise Aqua Ring for more healing per turn if you're going to use Lefties and Rain Dish. Replace Earthquake with Toxic to actually stall something and use Surf over Boiling Water so as not to conflict with Toxic.

You should be using a Wish Blissey to keep your whole team healthy if it's stall. Nattorei, Toed and Blastoise can't instant recover afterall.

Choice Band Nattorei on a stall team? You actually have the option on using Protect / Leech Seed / Toxic but you just want him to use nerfed Explosion instead? I just don't understand.

Also look into a Parasect. With Dry Skin it's an absolute beast in the rain.

You could use Tentacruel over Blastoise, as it adds Toxic Spikes to your team. This passive damage help to stall, and frees up move slots on some of your Pokemon. Tentacruel can still use Rapid Spin and has Rain Dish as well for recovery.

If you are not using Flamethrower / Ice Beam on Blissey, you may as well use Evo Stone Chansey. It has significantly higher physical bulk and just less specially. The wishes it pass are still enough to heal the majority of your Pokemon for most of their health.

I would also use this Nattorei over you current set.

Nattorei @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Sassy - 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect / Gyro Ball

Choice Band is a bad idea on a Nattorei, especially on a stall team. If you are locked into Spikes, then you are easily set up on and you could be swept. Stealth Rock is additional entre hazards, and Skarmory already has Spikes. Leech Seed for recovery and for more stalling. Power Whip is consistant damage and Gyro Ball is an option over Protect for extra coverage. Protec, obviously for added stalling.

Good luck with your team :).

OK, I just realised the set I proposed for Nattorei is illegal. Stealth Rock and Leech Seed are incompatible. However it is easily fixed. Give Nattorei Spikes instead of Stealth Rock and an replace Spikes for Stealth Rock on Skarmory. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stealth Rock and Leech Seed are compatible. They're just not compatible together alone with Spikes. So you can't have all three on one set but you can have any combination of the two.

Doesn't Vaporeon get the Hydration ability in Gen V? With her bulkiness and not able to be Toxic'ed now you may want to think adding her to your team.

Seeing Nattorei has Stealth Rock and not Spikes, I would suggest giving Skarm Spikes.
Nattorei can have Spikes OR Stealth rock, just not the two together, especially not with Leech Seed.

As far as Skarmory's final attack is concerned, choose which entry hazard you want the other to have based on performance. If Skarmory can typically get more layers up than Nattorei, then give Skarmory Spikes, and vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)