The Mixed Gen Team!!

Hi and welcome to my thread that I hope you guys and gals will help me with..

I have put together a team that I have been using on PO with reasonable success.

So with further delay here is the team building process that I went through

After just some messing about will all the new items and pokemon I finally decided to create a team.
The first member I had to have was Porygon2.
Holding a Evolution Stone this virtual duck Is a beast able to withstand hits from a Garchomp Outrage to other hard hitting foes

Now for a second member I always have a dragon and after seeing the reveal of Sazandora I new I had to use him.
Will its base speed of 98 its also a bit trolling for Base 95s.
Hard Hitting and reasonable fast it is a nice Special Attacking addition to my team.

After struggling with some walls I knew I had to find a way to add some bulk to my team while being able to mess up the walls.
Here is a solution, Rotom-W. Having access to a half decent recovering move and trick, while being decently bulky and hard hitting.

Wanting to add some more power to my team I came across Blazinken and Shanderaa.
These two are real Powerhouses and can do even reasonable damage to things that resist them.
They also give some nice coverage to my team as well. You may call me a noob for using blazinken if you wish, lol.
I also wanted to use it because it is my second favourite Fire type. Unfortunatly Typhlosion takes that crown.

Wanting to use a lead, and not thinking that leads are dead due to team preview I decided to use a Yanmega.
I worked reasonable well but Hypnosis was missing too much for my liking even with the new sleep mechanic it didnt seem worth it.
I eventually tried many other leads like Roserade, Jirachi and Doredia but they all kept fainting too easily and didnt add too much to my team.
So they all were replaced and here is the result.

CLOYSTER!! WOO!! This is a beast. However this isnt to one you think and has a nice little surprise factor for people who dont lurk these forums 24/7 lol.
With Skill Link, Icicle Spear and Rock Blast this can make dents in alot of things.
Also breaks Subs and each move has 5 chances to add a critical hit to the annoyance. So you can see the "surprise" below.

So if you have noticed I have actually manged to get atleast 1 pokemon from every generation of pokemon!! Yup, even Kanto!

Generation 1 - KANTO - The First and Original!
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - 1999

Cloyster @

Jolly - Skill Link
252 Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
~ Icicle Spear
~ Rock Blast
~ Shell Blade
~ Explosion

Here all the way from the years of Red/Blue/Yellow is Cloyster. With Max Speed and a Choice Scarf this can outspeed everything that isnt scarfed
upto base 130!
Alot of people expect the nice new Shell Smash move but when you outspeed
a Garchomp and blitz it with a 5 hit Icicle Spear is Sweeet!
Explosion is a last ditch attempt at taking something down!

Generation 2 - Johto - Second the Best (IMO)

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - 2001

Porygon2 @

Bold - Trace
252 HP - 136 Defence - 120 Special Defence
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunder

Hailing all the way from Generation 2, the era of Gold/Silver/Crystal and IMO the best games ever made!
We have the Virtual Duck that is Porygon2. With the EV Spread that I have given this little duckie can take hits like a true champ and hit back with respectable damage.
Recover is excellent for longevity and for Toxic Stall. With the addition of the Evolution Stone it has surpassed its Evolution Porygon-Z

Generation 3 - Hoenn - The Gemstone Era
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - 2003

Blazinken @

Adamant - Speed Boost
252 Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
~ Protect
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Blaze Kick
~ Stone Edge

From the Gemstone Empire of Hoenn we have the Flaming Chicken that is Blazinken.
As I said above you can call me a noob if you wish for using this, but it works.
After just 1 speed boost it can outspeed alot and protect is there to help me achieve this as well as scout.
With the upgrade to Hi Jump Kick you can deal alot of damage to most things that arn't Ghost. Blaze Kick is for the Pesky steels and Stone Edge is for Flying types and Salamences. Life Orb adds to any damage even though it cuts down the survival of Blazinken.
When used this can easily take down 2 or more of the opposing team.

Generation 4 - Sinnoh - A Girls Best Friend!
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - 2007

Rotom-W @

Timid - Levitate
252 Speed - 252 Special Attack - 4 HP
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hydro Pump
~ Pain Split
~ Trick

Diamonds and Pearls a Girls best friend, or so they say.
Here from Sinnoh, A ghost thats no longer a ghost, Rotom-W!!
This is my wall trapper. With trick this can do alot. It can stop a wall recovering, setting up and damaging me lol. It can also stop something that is banded/Scarfed, eg Scizor, Latias.
Pain Split gives some recovery whilst hurting the opposition.
Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump is a very good STAB Combo.
It also has the added bonus of having one of the funniest moving back sprites of the fifth gen.

Generation 5 - Unova - Its all Plain and Simple!
Pokemon Black and White - 2011!!

Sazandora @

Timid - Levitate
252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
~ Fire Blast
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Dark Pulse

From Unova (I preferred Isshu :( ) come my last two members.
Number 1 is Sazandora!! The dragon with the trollish base speed of 98.
Now you maybe wondering, an expert belt?? Well I didnt want the damage of Life Orb and I wanted the surprise of being able to switch attacks.
Most people think of Choice Specs when they see a Sazandora so they switch in a wall and then I switch the move and have a nice boosted super effective hit =). I have Dark Pulse on there because I have been having trouble with Rankurusu.
Also it is one of the more cooler looking dragons!

Shanderaa @

Timid @ Flash Fire
252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
~ Overheat
~ Flamethrower
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Ground

Another Powerhouse on my team and holding a Choice Scarf its a fast one at that.
Flamethrower, Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Ground offer nice coverage.
I have Overheat for a High Powered Assault if i think they are going to switch.
However I was thinking of replacing it for Energy Ball for even more coverage and any water types that think they can ruin my day!

So what do you all think =), As I said Ive had some reasonable success and all the pokemon play a role.

(All release dates are the EU/UK ones)

I have never played Gen5 myself, but I would recommend replacing Pain Split with TBolt on Rotom. Despite the lack of STAB Rotom got in Gen4, TBolt gives great coverage, and besides, PSplit doesn't get boosted by CSpecs.

Generation 4 - Sinnoh - A Girls Best Friend!
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - 2007

Rotom-W @

Timid - Levitate
252 Speed - 252 Special Attack - 4 HP
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hydro Pump
~ Pain Split
~ Trick
Umm Rotom does already Have Tbolt. Pain Split is there for when I have tricked the Choice Specs off on to a wall to stop them being able to recover and damage, etc.

I have Choice Specs as the Trick Item because it will also boost any damage from Tbolt and Hydro Pump incase I decide that I dont wish to Trick them off just yet.

Nice team, tho you would have an issue with the likes of SD Lucario. All someone needs is Blazikan out of the way and with a switch into Saz, SD shadow claw, closecombat, and throw in an extremespeed and you are in some trouble. Just saying. Tho, i really can't find what to replace to solve that.
BUT I doubt youd have to worry too much about that. Good team tho!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since sazandora is not scarfed, I think a Latios is a better choice, having higher sp. attack and speed, as Well as a resistance instead of a weakness to fighting. Latios can accomplish what sazandora is doing better IMO. Something like:

Latios @ expert belt
+SpA/-atk - levitate
4HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Draco meteor
Surf
HP fire
Ice beam/thunderbolt/ idk

Gets more done probably, and goes along your expert belt vein.
Or you could give it specs.

Nice team, tho you would have an issue with the likes of SD Lucario. All someone needs is Blazikan out of the way and with a switch into Saz, SD shadow claw, closecombat, and throw in an extremespeed and you are in some trouble. Just saying. Tho, i really can't find what to replace to solve that.
BUT I doubt youd have to worry too much about that. Good team tho!
Cool thanks for the help =)

Since sazandora is not scarfed, I think a Latios is a better choice, having higher sp. attack and speed, as Well as a resistance instead of a weakness to fighting. Latios can accomplish what sazandora is doing better IMO. Something like:

Latios @ expert belt
+SpA/-atk - levitate
4HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Draco meteor
Surf
HP fire
Ice beam/thunderbolt/ idk

Gets more done probably, and goes along your expert belt vein.
Or you could give it specs.
OK I will look into using Latios until it is voted UBER Some time in the future lol. No Doubt it will =)

Yeah what V0x said. To quote the Smogcast #8, "man, I would be so screwed if that was a Latias." Unless you want to go mixed to beat Blissey, then I suggest Brick Break over Dark Pulse. With that Expert Belt it's not a bad option.

Lastly you don't have Stealth Rock; and there's a little too much Choice users for my liking, but that's my opinion anyway. Good luck!

Yeah what V0x said. To quote the Smogcast #8, "man, I would be so screwed if that was a Latias." Unless you want to go mixed to beat Blissey, then I suggest Brick Break over Dark Pulse. With that Expert Belt it's not a bad option.

Lastly you don't have Stealth Rock; and there's a little too much Choice users for my liking, but that's my opinion anyway. Good luck!
For the Stealth Rocks it seems like it isnt as prevelant this gen, and does seem as needed, but I might try and squeeze it in somewhere.

As for the too many Choice Users. I only have 2 main ones, being Cloyster and Shanderaa. Rotom is a Choice User but that is mainly for Trick.
So it is being passed on to the opponent to restrict what they can do.

Ive been playing with this team some more and it is still doing well, especially Cloyster. =)

On the Latios v Latias replacement for Shazandora which do you suggest (movesets would be greatly appreciated - Expert Belt would be nice lol)

Thanks for all the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)