Battle Tower Sandstorm Team

Happy New Year, everybody! Here is my first Rate My Team, and as the title suggests, it is built for the Battle Tower. So this means that it is untested, but it would be nearly impossible for it to be anyway, so, oh well. I've went over it several times, and I really don't see anything glaringly wrong with it, except that it's missing EVs; some help with that would be much appreciated.

Tyranitar @ Rindo Berry|Zoom Lens
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Brave (+A -Spd.)
-Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower|Fire Blast

What immediately jumps out at you is the item choice, or the lack thereof. When I was building this team, I tried to make it that a Pokemon's weakness is resisted by at least one of it's team mates. The only exception to this is Tyranitar's Grass weakness, so the Rindo Berry neutralizes this at least temporarily. On the other hand, with Tyranitar's lackluster speed, Zoom Lens can be a choice (especially with Curse), and it makes Fire Blast's accuracy perfect and Stone Edge's a more reasonable 96%.
Speaking of Fire Blast, the reason I'm considering that attack an option is because of its higher base power, I won't have to put so many EVs into Special Attack if I use that move instead of Flamethrower, and I need Tyranitar to take Bronzong out.

Gliscor @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Adamant (+A -S. A.)
-Roost
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Night Slash

Yes, I understand that Aerial Ace is a slightly questionable choice of a move, but I chose it anyway because many Battle Tower Pokemon use Evasion to their advantage, and I figured that would help negate that. Plus, it hits Fighting-types hard, so that's why my team needs it.
In other news, Gliscor is immune to Electric-type attacks, so that really helps Empoleon, and it has a Fighting-type resistence, which is very important, considering my other teammates are weak to that type.
Edit: Almost forgot: Night Slash is there to hit many Levitators that resist Aerial Ace, such as Bronzong, or atleast it hits them supper effectively, like Uxie.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Calm (-A +S. D.)
-Aqua Ring
-Protect
-Toxic
-Ice Beam/Surf

Empoleon is really needed for this team because of her Ice, Water, and Steel resistences, among others. Plus, she has special bulk that my team is begging for.
As for the last two moveslots, Toxic is nessessary for with it, I can out-stall opposing Bulky Waters. Ice Beam or Surf... If I choose Surf, Water Absorbers will give me trouble, and if I choose Ice Beam, I have no STAB, but I can hit Dragon-types, a kind of Pokemon that would otherwise give me loads of trouble. Oh, decisions, decisions...

---

Well, that's what I have completed so far. It's less then perfect, but I'm fairly proud of it.

Do not run a Gliscor if its not for Toxic Stall and Stealth rock setup 0_o Ice wrecks your TTar and Gliscor and Fighting murders Emp and TTar. Use Gliscor as a Lead and start off with SR, then toxic/Uturn

Isn't Empoleon doing that? Toxic Stalling, I mean.

Edit: Also, I'm curious to know how Ice-type attacks area threat to my Tyranitar. I don't really get it, no offense...

Double Edit: Sorry, I just noticed something: you guys haven't addressed some of the most important issues, like Rindo vs. Zoom, or Ice Beam vs. Surf. If you managed to help me with those, that would really be appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)