Serperior

About the PP Stalling in the begin of a match, you should just sub. Then you can proceed to subseed with your not-so-high base 75HP, chipping away some valuable hp (from Shandera or Heatran for example) and saving you some PPs.

Also its worth mentioning that seed support can help your shandera's switch in to take the hit, and makes the opponent feel "under pressure", wanting to switch his own mon.

Jalorda loves SR support. The reason is pretty obvious: since most of his counters are fire typed, the take, at least, 12,5% upon entering the field.

My favorite Jaroda counter is Crobat. Takes laughable damage from boosted Leaf Storms and OHKO's with Brave Bird. Unboosted HP Ice isn't enough to really faze him and he outspeeds easily.

Crobat doesn't like being paralyzed, and most of the Jaroda I see run Glare + Substitute as the other two attacks. You better make damn sure they aren't Glaring on the switch.

Glare really isn't that big of a deal, really. I've never actually been hit by it, as usually Jaroda run Sub+Seed, and Crobat can still easily deal with them unless they run Glare AND Sub-seed, which is a really bizarre set that I don't think anyone would actually run. And the only way Glare+Sub seed would win is if he got para-hax.

Plus if you're really worried, you can throw a lum berry on him. It's good for random thunder waves and willowisps and boil overs and whatnot.

Heal Bell / Aromatherapy is also an obvious alternative.

Glare really isn't that big of a deal, really. I've never actually been hit by it, as usually Jaroda run Sub+Seed, and Crobat can still easily deal with them unless they run Glare AND Sub-seed, which is a really bizarre set that I don't think anyone would actually run. And the only way Glare+Sub seed would win is if he got para-hax.

Plus if you're really worried, you can throw a lum berry on him. It's good for random thunder waves and willowisps and boil overs and whatnot.

Most teams think they can just throw Crobat in for good measure without any support though. A paralyzed Crobat is basically a worthless Crobat (even if you can switch into Jaroda... it is a dead weight the rest of the game).

I actually used to run Glare/Sub/Leech.

Do Jaroodas usually run taunt? Or does it just happen that the ones that I run into carry it?
I think if not Perversity ones, there's definitely a good chance since with their shallow movepool all they can do pretty much is Glare, Sub Seed, set up dual screens, or use that Coil Dragon Tail phazing set. Otherwise, Perversity norms tend to be Leaf Storm, Hidden Power, and two other non-damaging attacks (seeing as it has no other non-grass non-normal special moves other than Twister) out of Sub Seed or Glare or screens in whatever combination, but likely not Taunt.

Do Jaroodas usually run taunt? Or does it just happen that the ones that I run into carry it?
I've actually run into a few taunt lead jarooda's on PO. They run taunt instead of leech seed I think as jarooda is fast enough that it can usually stop most SR leads.

I picked up decent Snivy starter bad special Attack and HP but everything else good surprisingly lol, so here is a bit of an idea if mentioned already sorry

Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Swords Dance
Dragon Tail
Leaf Blade
Glare/Attract/Leech Seed

Try to buy time if able Glare or Attract, have em lead with one of those popular flinchers or screen setter uppers.

If you have to resort to slashing in Attract, there's something wrong, just saying.
Be specific. Nobody has to resort to slashing Attract on Jalorda (assuming non-Perverse), so the problem isn't with snakeman, it's with the person using Attract. :0 that's what you're saying, right?

I'm a little new to the forum, and I appologize if threads on this site die after 3 days, but I was skimming through the thread and thought "If Jaroda has perversity and dragon tail now intimidaters can switch in safetly". Also what would happen if you traded a 4th gen pokemon over to black or white holding a tm? because if you could "cheat" bringing over dragon pulse, I'm sure he could learn it.

I'm a little new to the forum, and I appologize if threads on this site die after 3 days, but I was skimming through the thread and thought "If Jaroda has perversity and dragon tail now intimidaters can switch in safetly". Also what would happen if you traded a 4th gen pokemon over to black or white holding a tm? because if you could "cheat" bringing over dragon pulse, I'm sure he could learn it.
You can't let them hold items.
And even if you could, it would change into whatever dragon pulse was changed to.

I'm a little new to the forum, and I appologize if threads on this site die after 3 days, but I was skimming through the thread and thought "If Jaroda has perversity and dragon tail now intimidaters can switch in safetly".
If Antagonist/Perversity Jalorda uses Dragon Tail, an Intimidate Pokemon brought in will raise Jalorda's Attack rather than lowering it. So that means Intimidators aren't safe switch-ins to physical Antagonist/Perversity Jalorda (which aren't seen at all).

Also what would happen if you traded a 4th gen pokemon over to black or white holding a tm? because if you could "cheat" bringing over dragon pulse, I'm sure he could learn it.
Sure, but only if you believe hard enough. Otherwise, no it won't.

antagonist jalorda abusing storm is the only set which is actually quite good, like swords dance daikenki, all others are not recommended cause if jaroda doesnt get a faint it will eben be killed by more defensive than offensive weezings who now are even better with stab bomb/clear smog

If Antagonist/Perversity Jalorda uses Dragon Tail, an Intimidate Pokemon brought in will raise Jalorda's Attack rather than lowering it. So that means Intimidators aren't safe switch-ins to physical Antagonist/Perversity Jalorda (which aren't seen at all).
I actually meant to say "can't". I don't think Jalorda is a loss cause. If hes used in the right team he could be quite an ass to deal with. Also if an opponent with intimadate that was switched out the same turn it switched in, your opponent will be hesitant to send it back out again.

I'm envisioning something like this:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Modest/Timid, Antagonist
252 Speed, 252 Sp.Att, 4 HP
-Leaf Storm
-HP Fire/Ground/Rock/Ice
-Giga Drain
-Glare/Substitute/Leech Seed/Filler
I feel like, due to Leaf Storm's potential PP issues, Giga Drain is a worthwhile option. Once boosted, it'll do some damage and allow for some HP restoration. Just a thought, he doesn't have any useful coverage besides what you see.

Jaroda Leftovers
Trait: Peversity

-Leaf Storm
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Hidden Power Ice

Leaf Storm boost SAtk (duh). Ice takes out those threatening dragons. Glare is good but Screens haven't been said yet. Screens prevent Ditto from copying you since you'll win and nobody expects Jaroda to throw up a Screen. If they send in a Jaroda counter you can switch and take half damage and switch in later and if they don't have anything, Leaf Storm away and take less damage. Jaroda's defenses aren't terrible, especially with Screens.

Jaroda Leftovers
Trait: Peversity

-Leaf Storm
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Hidden Power Ice

Leaf Storm boost SAtk (duh). Ice takes out those threatening dragons. Glare is good but Screens haven't been said yet. Screens prevent Ditto from copying you since you'll win and nobody expects Jaroda to throw up a Screen. If they send in a Jaroda counter you can switch and take half damage and switch in later and if they don't have anything, Leaf Storm away and take less damage. Jaroda's defenses aren't terrible, especially with Screens.
...I hadn't even thought of screens. guess i didn't see them on his movelist. *headdesk* why not Light Clay as the item?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)