In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually the other way around, Sazandora is one base speed point above Ononokusu. So good luck trying to kill it with Ono. =P
2 word DRAGON DANCE
and you have huge set up opportunity
Dennis is WEAK

EDIT: also whats wrong with sweeping dennis with lv 65 Jalorda ? its easy to do after all

Actually, Daikenki with Ice Beam will be very viable. It should be able to take a Dragon Pulse or you could get a Zuruzukian as he's exetremely bulky, actually I think you should catch Zuruzukan, Daruamakka, and Megacruco on Route 4 and TM's also have unlimite uses, so see what you can make out of it.

Actually, Daikenki with Ice Beam will be very viable.
TM13 doesn't show up until the post-game, so Daikenki's best options are Megahorn, Revenge, and Blizzard. Mine was 2HKOed in Black, though, and it would be pretty tough hard to have things turn out any other way since 70 Special Defense is really bad. Baffuron, on the other hand, also learns Megahorn and Revenge, has base 25 more Special Defense, and has 10 more Attack. While I didn't use Baffuron against Sazandora specifically, I know that, more often than not, Reshiram couldn't even manage a 3HKO. So that's a good option for people not using Fighting-types.

Should I catch a Bachul? I'm not sure who I should get rid of, and I really need something to trump Geechisu's Sazandora. Or maybe later on, I can get rid of Dageki and replace him with Kojofuu and see if that works. Suggestions?
Kojondo, Roobushin, and Zuruzukin are pretty safe bets, though the latter kind of depends on getting HP EVs to fix its weak point. Depending on EVs, Dageki himself might be fine... All he really needs to do is either hang in there through a single hit or outspeed.

I actually OHKOed Sazandora with my Chillachino in White--but then again, she had a Lonely nature and a Silk Scarf, the third hit of Sweep Slap was a critical, and I'd been feeding her a steady diet of Attack EVs from all of Team Plasma spamming crocodiles (Bullet Seed) and chipmunks (Wake-Up Slap), plus Cheren's Kenhorou. Not saying that's the best option, just an interesting thing that happened to me. (I hadn't been reading spoilers, so I had no idea what was coming up. My team's only way to hit for super effective damage was Doryuuzu's X-Scissor, which didn't work out since it got one-shotted, so I was just trying to spam my fast Pokemon and it worked out better than I hoped with the first one.)

Bleh. I have two choices of Shinporaa: A Naughty Shinporaa or a Sassy Shinporaa?

Also, @Jiggy, thanks. (: My Dageki doesn't have Sturdy, and I don't think he can tank a hit from Sazandora. I also don't have access to Roopushin. Seems like Kojondo is my best bet. And your Chillachiino must be EPIC. :D.

I'd go with Naughty. Even though dropping Speed isn't as bad as dropping Special Attack for Shinporaa (I had a Relaxed Gliscor in Platinum that still outsped enough things), more speed is always welcome. It'll be dying from special attacks most of the time by the time you've reached the sixth or seventh gym anyway, because a lot of its weaknesses tend to be special.

Hmm well, with access to DW so early, I think Hustle Nidoran would be a lot more useful than some of the Pokemon listed in top tier. You can Moon Stone it at level 23, and Encourage Nidoking would be a nice asset to most in game teams. This is actually less outside influence than obtaining the trade evos because you can actually do it by yourself. I think the important early DW Pokemon should be included on the list (although Nidoran's probably the only useful one early in DW)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I would definitely move Yooterri to High. It's gotten as early as Route 1, gets Take Down early, can use the Cheer Up TM (you can set up on a LOT), and can use Crunch. It has Intimidate and Sand Throw (intimidate preferred) once it evolves, and evolves very early. I've been Nuzlocking this and it's the only Pokemon I have left, and it's doing very well.

I would definitely move Yooterri to High. It's gotten as early as Route 1, gets Take Down early, can use the Cheer Up TM (you can set up on a LOT), and can use Crunch. It has Intimidate and Sand Throw (intimidate preferred) once it evolves, and evolves very early. I've been Nuzlocking this and it's the only Pokemon I have left, and it's doing very well.
Yooterii is already high. But I think Bachuru should be moved up, too. He gets Compound Eyes to increase the accuracy of Thunder, he gets decent coverage, he gets a lot of Electric moves early, he can outspeed Sazandora and kill it with a Signal Beam, and you get him RIGHT when he's the most useful; before the 6th gym.

Munna is pretty bad at first, but after it gets Psychic, and you evolve it, it owns everything. Don't use the Moon Stone early though, or else you don't learn anything new from leveling up. Musharna is super bulky, and with 116/85/95 defenses, you can't kill it, even with super effective moves. Moonlight heals off any damage you get, Psychic hits hard of a base 107 Sp att, and Hypnosis sleeps things. Its only weakness is its extremely slow speed. If you have the patience to evolve it at level 37, then you get an excellent pokemon. Mid tier, maybe mid high.

Shimama is also really underrated. It evolves early at lvl 27, and Zebraika is a beast with Nitro Charge allowing it to outspeed everything in the game (if it wan't fast enough already), Spark doing massive STAB damage, Thunder Wave allowing you to catch things easily, and it also has a great special attack stat. It is frail though, but you should be able 1-2HKO most things super effectively without getting hurt much. Mid tier

No, Zebrika may be fast, but he's frail and doesn't learn anything else but Nitro Charge and wild Bolt. And he will die very easily and his Attack stat isn't the best, so it won't be KOing too many things.
Low Tier

Meruba is severely underated! Well, he may have that awful Stealth Rock weakness and the fact that you get him at Lv.1 doesn't mean he should be at the bottom. He has an excellent Special Attack and Special Defense stat, with decent attack and a wonderful speed stat. But then again, he evolves at Lv.59, but the good news is that he has a vast movepool, so he can learn quite a few stuff.
Mid Tier

Dageki is underrated. He has sturdy, 125 base attack and 85 base speed. He can also learn Close Combat which is better than Superpower, and he learns more fighting type moves than Nageki by level-up. And even though he may have a little less Defense than Nageki, he still has a respectable 85/75/75.
High Tier

Well I don't see why not. It's not that slow and it gets both rockslide and xscissor early on and shellbreak would be invaluable for tough fights. Actually its looking really good...

No, Zebrika may be fast, but he's frail and doesn't learn anything else but Nitro Charge and wild Bolt. And he will die very easily and his Attack stat isn't the best, so it won't be KOing too many things.
Low Tier

Meruba is severely underated! Well, he may have that awful Stealth Rock weakness and the fact that you get him at Lv.1 doesn't mean he should be at the bottom. He has an excellent Special Attack and Special Defense stat, with decent attack and a wonderful speed stat. But then again, he evolves at Lv.59, but the good news is that he has a vast movepool, so he can learn quite a few stuff.
Mid Tier

Dageki is underrated. He has sturdy, 125 base attack and 85 base speed. He can also learn Close Combat which is better than Superpower, and he learns more fighting type moves than Nageki by level-up. And even though he may have a little less Defense than Nageki, he still has a respectable 85/75/75.
High Tier

Yeah, you're kind of right. When Shimama first evolved, it pwned everything. I mean, it is fully evolved at lvl 27, while your other pokemon are stuck in their first or second. 100 base attack at that point in the game is really good, but gets worse as time goes on. It isn't low tier material though. Darumakka is all the way up in high tier, even though it evolves at level 35, and Hihidaruma has just crappy defenses (although its attack is insanely high). Plus that fire-typing is terrible defensively, while Zebraika has only one weakness. I still say that Zebraika should be in Mid tier, because all the new pokemon evolve really late in this game.

Are you kidding me with the Meraruba stuff? It has horrendous stats all around. You call 50/55 good special stats, and 60 fast? Getting it at level 1 makes it even harder to level it up, as it will still be in this stage when you fight the elite four. Most people don't even get their pokemon to lvl 59 at that point. Its movepool is decent, at least from TMs, as it only learns fire, normal and bug type attacks by level up (and only every 10 levels too). At level 50, it will only have Nitro Charge, Bug Bite, and Double Edge. This thing is so much worse than Zebraika. Ulgamoth is great, but no one will have the patience to train a weak bug pokemon with a terrible typing, terrible stats, and terrible level up moves.
Low tier definitely, it deserves its spot as the second worst in game pokemon

Dageki is really good, since it has great attack and speed without even evolving. Plus, it easily destroys the normal type gym, as you get it right before.
High tier

I say munna should still be moved up, as level 37 isn't that bad compared to everything else in the generation evolving super late. Alternatively, you can evolve it as soon as you get the moon stone, sticking with psybeam (still good) until you get the TM on route 13.

Purotooga is really good. I fail to see why it is below Aaken. It has good abilities, good moves, and is bulky physically. If you didn't get Mijumaru/Oshawott (lol), Purotooga is your best option for a surf user. Shell Smash is what really makes it shine, as now it outspeeds everything and can hit both physically with aqua jet and crunch (when do you get the stone edge tm?), and specially with surf.
Mid-High tier

Mogurew is overrated. It is hard to train up to level 19, when it gets Dig, and doesn't evolve until level 31. Doryuuzu is a powerful pokemon,with swords dance and earthquake, but is pretty slow without a sandstorm going.
High tier

IDK about Gobitto, but it learns fly despite being a ground ghost type.

Awesome. Has anyone here had first hand experience of using him? If so, what are your thoughts after using him?
At first it took a loong time until it evolved, but when I gave it the lucky egg it went okay.

After it evolved and learned shell smash it will be really really good...

Yeah, you're kind of right. When Shimama first evolved, it pwned everything. I mean, it is fully evolved at lvl 27, while your other pokemon are stuck in their first or second. 100 base attack at that point in the game is really good, but gets worse as time goes on. It isn't low tier material though. Darumakka is all the way up in high tier, even though it evolves at level 35, and Hihidaruma has just crappy defenses (although its attack is insanely high). Plus that fire-typing is terrible defensively, while Zebraika has only one weakness. I still say that Zebraika should be in Mid tier, because all the new pokemon evolve really late in this game.

Are you kidding me with the Meraruba stuff? It has horrendous stats all around. You call 50/55 good special stats, and 60 fast? Getting it at level 1 makes it even harder to level it up, as it will still be in this stage when you fight the elite four. Most people don't even get their pokemon to lvl 59 at that point. Its movepool is decent, at least from TMs, as it only learns fire, normal and bug type attacks by level up (and only every 10 levels too). At level 50, it will only have Nitro Charge, Bug Bite, and Double Edge. This thing is so much worse than Zebraika. Ulgamoth is great, but no one will have the patience to train a weak bug pokemon with a terrible typing, terrible stats, and terrible level up moves.
Low tier definitely, it deserves its spot as the second worst in game pokemon

Dageki is really good, since it has great attack and speed without even evolving. Plus, it easily destroys the normal type gym, as you get it right before.
High tier

I say munna should still be moved up, as level 37 isn't that bad compared to everything else in the generation evolving super late. Alternatively, you can evolve it as soon as you get the moon stone, sticking with psybeam (still good) until you get the TM on route 13.

Purotooga is really good. I fail to see why it is below Aaken. It has good abilities, good moves, and is bulky physically. If you didn't get Mijumaru/Oshawott (lol), Purotooga is your best option for a surf user. Shell Smash is what really makes it shine, as now it outspeeds everything and can hit both physically with aqua jet and crunch (when do you get the stone edge tm?), and specially with surf.
Mid-High tier

Mogurew is overrated. It is hard to train up to level 19, when it gets Dig, and doesn't evolve until level 31. Doryuuzu is a powerful pokemon,with swords dance and earthquake, but is pretty slow without a sandstorm going.
High tier

IDK about Gobitto, but it learns fly despite being a ground ghost type.
Gobitto is horrid, Low tier for sure. Well, I do see your point, it's just that Purotooga has this really big weakness to Ground and the fact that he's slow Mid tier. Munna, I do see your point, so you're right High Tier, and as for Meruba, please, look at its stats again Low-Mid Tier.

Hey guys, I was just playing through White last night, and beat the 8th gym. As I entered the gate before Route 10, the woman at the counter told me something about an unnatural storm at Route 7. So I flew to Route 7, and guess what, there was a horrendous thunderstorm, which meant that the Tornelos/Voltolos event was on. I walked towards the house, and the old lady invited me in and all. So in other words, Tornelos/Voltolos is catchable pre-E4, and should be ranked on the tier list too.

Well, I do see your point, it's just that Purotooga has this really big weakness to Ground and the fact that he's slow Mid tier. .
"really big weakness to ground?"
It takes x2, x1.5 if you have Solid Rock.
And with his huge physical defense he can probably take most ground moves with relative ease.

Hey guys, I was just playing through White last night, and beat the 8th gym. As I entered the gate before Route 10, the woman at the counter told me something about an unnatural storm at Route 7. So I flew to Route 7, and guess what, there was a horrendous thunderstorm, which meant that the Tornelos/Voltolos event was on. I walked towards the house, and the old lady invited me in and all. So in other words, Tornelos/Voltolos is catchable pre-E4, and should be ranked on the tier list too.

I brought this up a month ago, and they've still yet to be put on the list

After just getting past N + Geechisu, here's my take on the team that I used:

Daikkeki: I had a Quiet starter, so he had problems with being outsped by a bunch of stuff. Being a water type, he was sturdy and powerful enough to get through the monsters that he needed to get through and not much more. Pretty underwhelming, in my opinion. Opinion- Mid Tier

Shinpora: I didn't realize until before the E4 that my monster didn't have Magic Guard... that would have been real useful to know. Great pokemon, not much to say that hasn't been said already. Opinion- Mid Tier

Erufunn: My favorite pokemon in the whole game. If you are a physical attacker, Erufunn shits all over you (my set was Big Root with Cotton Guard- Leech Seed- Stun Spore- Giga Drain). I don't care about sweeping fast and what not, this pokemon does everything for me and more. Paralysis to catch pokemon and neuter faster pokes. No need to ever heal it since it just heals itself after fighting a physical poke. Only reason it's not top tier is because special attacks hurt it a lot. Opinion- High Tier

Terrakion: Caught him when I realized I wasn't getting a Roopushin (stupid trading requirements). His high speed makes everything so easy. Grinded him until he got Swords Dance and then went to town on everything (I used Shinpora to give him Light Screen support and then had him set up on the Psychic E4 leader and murdered the whole team with X-Scissor and Rock Slide. Rape) Opinion- High Tier

Dokkura: I wanted a Roopushin... He was a huge help in dispatching of the Dragon Gym leader, but then I simply decided to give the fighting duties over to Terrakion and never looked back. Although, the Bulk-Up set I used was pretty darn good throughout the game. Opinion- Mid Tier

Bivanilla: For a while I had a large problem with Grass Pokemon, so Ice Cream mon patched that up very nicely. Mainly used to Ice Beam Dragons, not much utility otherwise. Still, it's freaking Ice Cream! Opinion- Low Tier

Munna: Used for early-game utility, and then I realized I had my natures messed up and was plowing through the game with a Jolly Munna. Whoops.

Deskukan: Also used more for the coolness factor than anything, although it was a very capable wall that crippled Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp and Power Share and taking out useful abilities with Mummy. Opinion- Mid Tier

I'd comment on starting post-game, except I can't actually get to it. For some reason my game doesn't save after the credit rolls and the game reverts to my first save- the one with my lovable level 5 sad otter. I've been saving the game periodically while also using save states, but I can't figure out why my game isn't saving to my computer. Can anyone help me out with this? What file should I be looking for?

I shall now troll you all with a one-month necro-*is shot*

OK, seriously, I got my 7th badge already, I just need to get my lovely ass off to DS tower and watch N screw the crap out of Reshiram.

On-topic:

Emboah
Nature : Hasty (+Spe, -Def)
Moveset(current): Boiling Water, Heat Stamp, Assurance, Arm Thrust
Level : 37

Yeah, a bit annoying. Tepig period was still alright, but it was quite unreliable before evolution(around LV 29-35) since my moveset had NC/Smog instead of Boiling Water/Assurance and it was really annoying, since Heat Stamp roflstomped everything and Smog never really get a good hit in. >_> Overall quite balanced still(I could be giving him leniency, since I didn't use Darumakka lol). Definite High Tier material, if not Top.

Hahakomori
Nature : Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
Moveset(current): Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw, Leaf Blade
Level : 36

It was annoying to get this guy out of Kurumayu, since I was trying to get Hahakomori by Lv 29 for Slash(at that time Kurumayu was LV 27, it evolved at LV 28, wut). After evolution though this guy is just a beast. Bug Bite was good enough on its own until I found X-Scissor TM and plunked it onto this guy. Quite epic I must say. Shadow Claw and Aerial Ace are just icing on the cake(aka type coverage so I don't get my ass handed to me by ghosts and bugs). Too bad I had a Chlorophyll version... Swarm would have been really good since this guy was on the brink of death multiple times. High Tier definitely.

Zebra dude
Nature : Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Moveset(current): NC, Volt Change, Shock Wave, Spark(lolwut)
Level : 33

Meh. This guy died to everything. I had a headache getting him out of Shimama. Modest was also a double-edged sword: unless it was super effective Nitro Charge never really did any kills. Spark was just there for filler. Seriously. In fact, something is really wrong if you are forced to Volt Change out of 70% of the enemies you see every time. >_> Mid tier at most, he doesn't get Low because he actually HELPS in beating Kamitsure.

Dokketosu
Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
Moveset: Rock Slide, Low Kick, Wake Up Slap, Bulk Up
Level : 34

Pure win, even though I haven't evolved him to Roob yet. Despite getting Encourage he can still stomp his way through teams, and by the 3rd gym was one of my only LV 20s(the other being Chaoboo). His usefulness diminished a bit now but at least he is still usable and has decent bulk. Mid Tier

Doryuzu
Nature : Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset: EQ, Metal Claw, Claw Sharpen, Fury Swipes
Level : 33(yup I evolved Moguryu late)

I guess I neglected him a bit, but because I just happened to get the most useless nature for Doryuzu. How fun. He was only LV 18 by the time I got to the 5th gym. However, once he comes out, he can still get the job done without any faults. Can't really comment on him, since I didn't really bother with him much.

Murando
Nature : FUCK YEAH ADAMANT (+Atk, -SpA)
Moveset: Cheer Up, Surf(HM FTW), Strength, Crunch
Level : 33

Complete god earlygame if you have Pickup. Early Super Potions are never a bad thing at all. Once it evolves, Pickup becomes Sand Rush, which equates mostly to sandstorm immunity, making it the only thing(Moguryu kept dying :x) that could really work in Route 4. A complete god. Top Tier

Yanappu
Nature/Moveset/Level: No one cares

He just sucks and only serves to make Corn easy mode. Pretty much what has been stated already. IMO Hiyappu is the best monkey simply because he is a water type(access to surf and dive) Low Tier

Cobalon
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
Moveset: Cheer Up, Vengeance, Iron Head, Sacred Sword
Level: 43

Crap. Of all the things, I not only get a shit nature, the IVs also suck balls. Absolutely nothing above 10 except Defense and Special Defense. >_> He only has one real purpose and that is to make Hachiku easy mode while you baby the rest of your team with Exp. Share. Gah. At least since he doesn't have Birijion's Ice weakness, he should be rated higher than Biri.

May I ask why Zorua is excluded from the list? I plan on using it ingame in White once it comes out in the US. Is it because no one has been able to use it?

May I ask why Zorua is excluded from the list? I plan on using it ingame in White once it comes out in the US. Is it because no one has been able to use it?
Zorua is an event-only pokemon (Need Movie-Celebi), and as such not available most of the time. So Zorua isn't rated.

I cheated to get Victini and Zorua. Here are my opinions so far

Victini: If there's one Pokemon that deserves HGSS Scyther tier, it's this guy. Mew stats early on is like having a tier 3 evo by the first few gyms. His movepool is good - he starts off at level 15 and learns headbutt by 17, which should carry you until nitro charge, which carries you until zen headbutt/flame burst. He also has boosted exp if I'm not mistaken. The only other pokemon I can see it tying with is Shinporro and maybe Darumakka

Zorua: Pretty ass tbh. I got it pretty late (when my pokemon were about level 20) because my code wasn't working well. It couldn't train in the desert because everything resisted dark, and it couldn't train on the next route either because bug rolled through it. Ultimately I had to exp switch + share until it evolved into Zoroark. Now it's performing pretty well as a sweeper, but it's not even amazing. Probably mid or maybe even upper mid tier for all that work

Doryuzu: Stays in top. It's pretty amazing once it's evolved, but until it got dig it was pretty problematic (I caught it in the cave). It's probably the strongest pokemon you can have for a while, but I'm sure on a speedrun it would be outclassed by Darumakka (or even Meguroko in the 15-25 timestage, where you can just catch the higher level mole later).

Starters: Really not impressed with my Daikenki. It does okay. I would say Aaken or Daageki are more useful than these. B/W has a lot of pokemon that can earn experience and cover for you as you level up better than your starters do. Power through the first gym with starter + monkey, dump both for Daageki, beat second gym, get Darumakka, beat third, get Shinporro seems like the most optimal route...

Cobalon/Virizion: Am I missing something? Sure these things are high-level but they don't really have any strong moves. I'm probably going to leave them in the box and use them as filler pokemon for when I hit problematic gyms/elite four.

Anyways my experience is probably a bit different from everyone elses because Victini is actually just rolling through everything so I naturally try and compare pokemon to it.

e: i'll also probably spend the time to catch the roaming genie before the elite four and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)