Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need some tips for when you seem to be hitting delays within +/-6 of your target delay but your times are EVERYWHERE.

My target time is 03:00:13 and my target delay is 2327. I'll hit a delay of 2325 or 2329 but they're for 03:00:14. I can hit the target delay but it'll also be for 03:00:14. Sometimes for me if PikaTimer consistently lands me one second ahead I'll just change the DS time to one minute sooner; that seems to work sometimes. But this time, changing the clock to one minute sooner just made my time 03:00:15 instead. Then for the next few tries I'll still hit delays of 2323, 2325, etc and the like but they'll be for times like 03:00:12/11/13, etc.

I think I'm pretty experienced in RNG by now as I've been successfully able to breed/catch over 50 Pokes. Yet, I'm not entirely whats going on.

I tried going to a different target time for the seed and changing resetting my DS so I'd have different initial positions for the roamers, but I'm still running into the same problems. The odd thing is that the Pokemon I RNG'd right before this came out perfectly within 5 or so tries.
When searching for the different seeds. Do +/- 0 seconds, instead of anything more, and tell me if it still happens.
As if you do more than 1 second, there is a chance that there will be multiple results for the calls, as RNG reporter won't choose the closest to your target, but the closest from the top. So the more results you have, the more chance of finding something different than what you're getting.

I need some tips for when you seem to be hitting delays within +/-6 of your target delay but your times are EVERYWHERE.

My target time is 03:00:13 and my target delay is 2327. I'll hit a delay of 2325 or 2329 but they're for 03:00:14. I can hit the target delay but it'll also be for 03:00:14. Sometimes for me if PikaTimer consistently lands me one second ahead I'll just change the DS time to one minute sooner; that seems to work sometimes. But this time, changing the clock to one minute sooner just made my time 03:00:15 instead. Then for the next few tries I'll still hit delays of 2323, 2325, etc and the like but they'll be for times like 03:00:12/11/13, etc.

I think I'm pretty experienced in RNG by now as I've been successfully able to breed/catch over 50 Pokes. Yet, I'm not entirely whats going on.

I tried going to a different target time for the seed and changing resetting my DS so I'd have different initial positions for the roamers, but I'm still running into the same problems. The odd thing is that the Pokemon I RNG'd right before this came out perfectly within 5 or so tries.
I have the same problem with Pikatimer. That's why I use ToastPlusOne's timer.

When searching for the different seeds. Do +/- 0 seconds, instead of anything more, and tell me if it still happens.
As if you do more than 1 second, there is a chance that there will be multiple results for the calls, as RNG reporter won't choose the closest to your target, but the closest from the top. So the more results you have, the more chance of finding something different than what you're getting.
I always start on +/- 0 seconds then have to expand to +/-1 as of late, and on the last trial I had to even go to +/-3. I know RNG Reporter only shows the first result for those roamers though.

I have the same problem with Pikatimer. That's why I use ToastPlusOne's timer.
Is the link in this thread somewhere?

Question. If I am in Viridian Forest trying to headbutt for a Shroomish, and I get Seedot when I hit my desired seed/frame, will changing trees make a difference or will I always get Seedot? I have tried two trees so far that Shroomish has been in, but I'm not sure if there is another tree somewhere that has more Shroomish or something?

shinyraltslove: If you can't find any adjacent results using elm matches, then you'll have to do it using the most accurate mean - seed finder

Just go there, enter in all your relevant information (AR code IV Check being the most accurate means) and look at those results. You'll know what you're hitting and yeah :)
@Bakus: Thanks for the suggestion; it really helped.

I tried a new seed and I can now get Elm responses a few delays off. I think my old seed is off because I was using the wrong method (method 1 instead of K). However, it seems that I am only hitting odd delays, and I'm aiming for even delays (i.e. I get 1685 instead of 1686); is it possible to switch parity from odd to even? I read somewhere that inserting a GBA game could do it; must it be a Pokemon game, or does any game work? I tried putting in Yggdra Union for GBA and it doesn't seem to switch the parity. I'm still getting 1683, 1685, or 1687 each time without fail.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Bakus: Thanks for the suggestion; it really helped.

I tried a new seed and I can now get Elm responses a few delays off. I think my old seed is off because I was using the wrong method (method 1 instead of K). However, it seems that I am only hitting odd delays, and I'm aiming for even delays (i.e. I get 1685 instead of 1686); is it possible to switch parity from odd to even? I read somewhere that inserting a GBA game could do it; must it be a Pokemon game, or does any game work? I tried putting in Yggdra Union for GBA and it doesn't seem to switch the parity. I'm still getting 1683, 1685, or 1687 each time without fail.
Has to be a pokemon game. Scrolling down and back up on the continue screen also works if you have the time. Your third option is to raise the year by one and drop the delay by one (or vice versa).

I'm pretty new at this, but I keep getting odd delay numbers. My target delay is 670, but I keep getting 665, 669, 671, 673, and 675. Is there anything I can do so I can hit the even numbers too?

So, if the only time of day that my nice flawless Timid spread is accessible is 9AM, if I want to RNG the Old Chateau Rotom, I'm stuck leaving my DS on for 11 hours? And pray I don't screw up the frame advancement?

I'm pretty new at this, but I keep getting odd delay numbers. My target delay is 670, but I keep getting 665, 669, 671, 673, and 675. Is there anything I can do so I can hit the even numbers too?
Any one of the following:

1: Insert/remove a GBA cart
2: Change the year +/- 1
3: Cycle down to the Mystery Gift options (so the continue screen scrolls) before you hit continue

I'm not confident how the 3rd option works, though I've heard it mentioned.

@ToastPlusOne: Your suggestion to scroll worked, thanks.

Now I'm running into another problem: My delay is correct but my time is too large by one second. Is there a way to correct this? (i.e. I'm hitting the correct delay, but at 18:41:21 instead of 18:41:20). I'm using PikaTimer; I first hit the correct time but incorrect delay (1628 vs. 1686), so I use the "Other Delay" function in PikaTimer to correct it by 58. This increases the second timer by just under 1 second, fixing my delay but causing my time to become incorrect most of the time.

During calibration I was also having difficulty keeping the seconds constant; 3/4 of the time I would get 13 seconds, but occasionally I would hit 14 seconds.

EDIT: Found the solution. The Other Delay caused the total time to be 1 second too long. I corrected it by increasing my calibrated seconds by 1.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ToastPlusOne: Your suggestion to scroll worked, thanks.

Now I'm running into another problem: My delay is correct but my time is too large by one second. Is there a way to correct this? (i.e. I'm hitting the correct delay, but at 18:41:21 instead of 18:41:20). I'm using PikaTimer; I first hit the correct time but incorrect delay (1628 vs. 1686), so I use the "Other Delay" function in PikaTimer to correct it by 58. This increases the second timer by just under 1 second, fixing my delay but causing my time to become incorrect most of the time.

During calibration I was also having difficulty keeping the seconds constant; 3/4 of the time I would get 13 seconds, but occasionally I would hit 14 seconds.

EDIT: Found the solution. The Other Delay caused the total time to be 1 second too long. I corrected it by increasing my calibrated seconds by 1.
You'll run into this a lot with Pikatimer. Just use mine (link below).
The calibration process is crap as well. That's why you run into that changing second.

I finally hit my seed, but I need some urgent help (before the swarm disappears): if I'm surfing (not moving around, but I saved while surfing) and sweet scenting to find the pokemon before an NPC changes the frame, should I sweet scent on the exact frame I want? Or does sweet scenting change the frame before the wild pokemon appears? I am trying to catch a swarm Pokemon that can only be encountered while surfing.

If I am understanding it correctly, http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#methodj shows that I need to do the target frame (61) minus 3 for sweet scenting in water = 58. However, that listing is for Method J instead of K; does that matter?
However, in the second post of this thread we get:

When using Sweet Scent to advance the frame, your final frame will be the Method 1 frame of the Pokemon you catch (listed as "Actual" in RNG Reporter) + 6. Sweet Scent advances by 1 whenever you're on a bike, but having a Pokemon follow you seems to make this advance inconsisten
And then in the 6th post:
For encounters surfing and scenting in water

To do this, make a note of your method J frame and then locate the this frame - 2 in a method 1 list.
What is the method 1 list?

HG/SS can vary a bit unfortunately, because sweet scenting in grass can either advance the frame by 1 or by 2. If we take the standards of DPPt sweet scenting into account, then grass sweet scenting = 2 frame advancements and surf sweet scenting = 3 frame advancements.

This means that if your target is 67 then it'd be 67-roamer-3=total frame advancements.
Though with RNG reporter things can get a little weird because if your populated list from frame to elm response are:

1 P
2 E
3 E
4 K
5 P
6 E

IF your target frame is 6 for instance, this is how it would go:
Stationary legendary: Stop after the last P
Sweet scenting in grass: Stop after the last K
Sweet scenting in water: Stop after the third E

So, if the only time of day that my nice flawless Timid spread is accessible is 9AM, if I want to RNG the Old Chateau Rotom, I'm stuck leaving my DS on for 11 hours? And pray I don't screw up the frame advancement?
I used javarng and found a synchronizer flawless timid seed d2140289 RNG Reporter gives varying results, but almost all of them are night time.

In RNG Reporter, when trying to RNG for Egg IVs, whats the difference between Parent A and Parent B? Is Parent A the Male and Parent B the female, or is Parent A the first Pokemon you give to the daycare lady and Parent B the second?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In RNG Reporter, when trying to RNG for Egg IVs, whats the difference between Parent A and Parent B? Is Parent A the Male and Parent B the female, or is Parent A the first Pokemon you give to the daycare lady and Parent B the second?
The pokemon you put in first in the DC is parent A and the mon you put in second is parent B

Hmm. I was nearly 100% successful in getting a Perfect Shiny Murkrow, but fell just short.

The Murkrow is shiny, but its IVs are 31/31/22/19/31/28. I only have enough rare candies to get to level 24 when I am checking, but if I did have 31s in Defense, Special Attack and Speed it should show at level 24, right?

Looking at RNG Reporter, the seed I used is 37110311, which is 5 frames and should yield B B 31 31 A 31.

Apparently it was successful in passing down the IVs I wanted to, HP and Attack from Parent B and Special Defense from Parent A. But the 31's were not 31s.

Is this supposed to happen or should the IVs that weren't passed down be 31?

Hmm. I was nearly 100% successful in getting a Perfect Shiny Murkrow, but fell just short.

The Murkrow is shiny, but its IVs are 31/31/22/19/31/28. I only have enough rare candies to get to level 24 when I am checking, but if I did have 31s in Defense, Special Attack and Speed it should show at level 24, right?

Looking at RNG Reporter, the seed I used is 37110311, which is 5 frames and should yield B B 31 31 A 31.

Apparently it was successful in passing down the IVs I wanted to, HP and Attack from Parent B and Special Defense from Parent A. But the 31's were not 31s.

Is this supposed to happen or should the IVs that weren't passed down be 31?
If you're using Elm Calls to verify your seed, sometimes 4 calls isn't enough. If you're in DPPt, maybe a NPC moved and messed up your frame? That happens. A LOT.

If you're using Elm Calls to verify your seed, sometimes 4 calls isn't enough. If you're in DPPt, maybe a NPC moved and messed up your frame? That happens. A LOT.
I am using Elm calls in Soul Silver, a legit cart.

I start calling right infront of the daycare. Is there a way I can tell if my frame has been advanced?

I am using Elm calls in Soul Silver, a legit cart.

I start calling right infront of the daycare. Is there a way I can tell if my frame has been advanced?
Yeah, there is.
Say the order is supposed to be K,P,E,K,K,P,P,E (without roamers), than you do your first call and it's P. That means the frame advancing NPC on the route at advanced your frame by 1 without you doing anything.

But if you're looking to see if he advanced afterwards, you can only tell after you pick up the egg, which is why you get it as fast as you can.

How do I find the Encounter code for the Heracross with this spread?

PID: a777c735 (ADAMANT, ability 1) 31/31/31/17/31/31 (Seed: c20b0af4 Method 1: 41, J (synch): 16, J (no synch): 22, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 40) HP DARK 59

Yeah, there is.
Say the order is supposed to be K,P,E,K,K,P,P,E (without roamers), than you do your first call and it's P. That means the frame advancing NPC on the route at advanced your frame by 1 without you doing anything.

But if you're looking to see if he advanced afterwards, you can only tell after you pick up the egg, which is why you get it as fast as you can.
Got it. So if the RNG Reporter says the frame for the seed is 5, and the NPC has already advanced the frame by 1, how many Elm calls do I need to make? 3? 4? 5? More than that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)