Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr. Stone. As far as I can tell that a nice set except maby add to HP evs instead of maxing both offences. To give him some bulk since if he's gonna be phazeing he's going to have to take some hits. But just a random idea.

I've been using this for a while and it works suprisingly well.
Unchill Bro
Slowbro
Regeneration
Bold
200HP 252def 56SpAtk
lefties
Moves:
Psychic
Fire Blast
Surf/Slack Off
Slack Off/Yawn
Yeah I know it looks kinda weird, but it destroys roob with psycic and is slower so takes nothing from from payback. If your afraid of gryados run yawn to prevent set up and phase in general. If you don't need phazeing you can run slack off and three attacks. Fire Blast destroys ferrothorn and hits skarm like a truck it lures both of them in very well for a unhappy surprise. Regeneration allowed it to even take pursuits from tar or it can stay and yawn it and force it to switch. And even if you run fire blast, psycic, slack off, and yawn it's highly unlikely for heatran to switch in for fear of a STAB surf.
This is my first attempt at a set but please give me honest opinions.
I'm guessing this is for anti-Sandstorm. Fire Blast roasts Steels. Surf takes down Grounds and Rocks. I don't think Gyarados would switch in due to the potential Thunder Wave anyway. Slack Off seems better.

I think 252 HP / 144 Def / 56 SpA / 56 SpDef and Calm Nature would be better. You can survive Shandera's Shadow Ball after Stealth Rocks all the time and KO it back with Surf. You can switch out later for Regeneration. Boil Over is also an option which also can KO Shandera after Stealth Rock. I'm not sure what the 56 SpA is for, but 36 can KO Shandera after Stealth Rock.

Unchill Bro
Slowbro
Regeneration
Bold
200HP 252def 56SpAtk
lefties
Moves:
Psychic
Fire Blast
Surf/Slack Off
Slack Off/Yawn
I don't know if it's off-the-wall creative, but it's a good set. I used a similar one on the Bro, except he was my secondary TRer so I ran him with three attacks and TR just in case he got taunted. Even with just 252 EVs in HP and none in def Payback doesn't take much off him because he's so slow and bulky.

I'm still in the midst of testing this set, and since I don't normally play sims I haven't got to use it in Gen 5, but this is my latest slowbro:

Little Drummer Bro
Own Tempo (Regen not compatible with moveset)
Sassy/Adamant nature, 252 HP, 252 AT
@Sitrus Berry (or Lefties if you prefer)
-Belly Drum
-Drain Punch
-Aqua Tail
-Ice Punch

So I originally did this to utilize the higher BP and PP of Drain Punch in gen 5, but I've actually had some success in gen 4 with this. You come in, set-up Belly Drum, and heal your life with Drain Punch. I normally run sitrus just to get the instant heal after Belly Drum, however lefties is almost always going to heal more over time. He's bulky enough to come in and set-up even on the likes of Machamp, who he can then dismiss with Aqua Tail or start to heal his life with Drain Punch (it's not a OHKO even with +6, but it is good damage). The bro's attack is a measly base 75, but all his other stats are perfect for setting the Drum up, and his typing gives him the ability to wall and set-up on a ton of stuff (Steel, Fire, Fighting, Ice, and Water resistances). Aqua Tail is your STAB and will OHKO a ton of stuff with that +6 (including 252 HP Scizor) and Ice Punch is to hit those pesky Flying Dragons (and Grass Poisons) that wall both Drain Punch and Aqua Tail. However, Slack Off could be used to have an extra heal instead of Ice Punch. Probably used best as a late game sweeper because he's very slow and though he can wreck stuff, he's going to take some hits doing it. Awesome thing about him is that as long as you come in on the right thing, even if the opponent knows what you're doing they are usually unable to stop it. You still end up grabbing a kill or two while it goes down (usually due to taking down pokemon that resist fighting, since he can't get much heal off it). Obvious downsides are Drain Punch doesn't have much PP (5 in Gen4, 10 in Gen5), Aqua Tail might miss (he doesn't learn waterfall >_<*), and a couple pokemon resist all three of those moves (Tentacruel is the bane to his existence, however Raincruel may be a tad easier to take down with that extra psuedoSTAB). The bro does amazing things in a TR (particularly because your opponent believes the Bro is there to keep TR up) and could work well in Rain as well. This can also work with Slowking, however I went with bro because he's normally coming in on att sweepers.

Tyranitar @ Lefties
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Fire Punch

EV's: 248 Attack; 76 Defense; 16 Special Defense; 168 Speed

DD Lure Tar, or as I call it Tyrant. This set is essentially a Sandstorm team sweeper/lead. The moveset provides perfect coverage, and the EV's allow incredible bulk. Basically the point of this set is to lure Pokemon like (specifically) Nattorei, Latios/Latias, Garchomp, and Terrakion in so my other Pokemon can clean sweep.

Why the EV's? Because after one Dragon Dance Tyranitar hits 300 speed, outspeeding any non-scarfed, non-positive nature 100 base speed Pokemon. Also hits a nice 603 Attack. Aside from sweeping this set is also an excellent stall breaker. The only problems Tyrant has problems with is Skarmory that like to phaze, Roaring RestTalk Gyra, and bulky Salamence. To compliment Tyrant I recoment a Voltos or another fast, Electric type special sweeper. Have fun with Tyrant!

My lead tyranitar (named it ManTar)
Tyranitar @choice scarf
Jolly nature
4HP, 252 atk, 252 speed
-crunch
-ice punch
-thunder punch
-stone edge
With everyone expecting this weird new special ttar, this thing catches EVERYone off guard. It nets usually between 2 and 4 kills a match, and revenge kills like a mofo. Adamant could be used for more power. I've never seen anyone use this set this generation.
Most will send in something ttar usually is outsped and killed by and expect a switch and proceed to set up, only to be hit first by ttar and 2ko'd.

There is a flawed premise in your argument where you assume just because you run Ice/Thunderpunch your set is effective. In reality you cannot tell whether it is the strange low-BP moves that make it work or just the scarf. I see no difference between that and the standard ScarfTar, and do not think that it qualifies as creative.

Also, only Jolly ScarfTar works as you gain no additional KOs by using Adamant, and when using Adamant you fail to outspeed Starmie.

@Ryan: Outrage? Crunch his the Latis just fine, and Stone Edge nails Mence and Nite. Unless you're planning to do away with Garchomp/Flygon (who still outspeeds you even after you boost up), Outrage sucks. Even if you nab a kill with Outrage, Nattorei and Forretress (the very things you want to ambush) can sneak right in and KO you while you're locked in.

I'm not assuming this to be a pseudo bolt-beam that makes it effective, I'm just saying it is. They tend to be more filler and coverage for the team, as stone edge/crunch are what are usually used for the power. With the mixedtar being so common a lead now, this just works as going back to the old to create the new suprise factor, and that's the only reason scarftar is working

BurningMan

fueled by beer
and that's the only reason scarftar is working
The only reason Scarftar is working is Pursuit to trap things like the Latis, Gengar etc.

Your Set however doesn`t even includes Pursuit and taking away the most important move of a set and replacing it with Elemental Punches is neither creative nor effective.

Its also walled by Nattorei pretty easy who threatens you with a high powered Gyroball and Power Whip in return.

@Ryan: Outrage? Crunch his the Latis just fine, and Stone Edge nails Mence and Nite. Unless you're planning to do away with Garchomp/Flygon (who still outspeeds you even after you boost up), Outrage sucks. Even if you nab a kill with Outrage, Nattorei and Forretress (the very things you want to ambush) can sneak right in and KO you while you're locked in.
Running Crunch and Stone Edge takes away two important move slots. If I ran Stone Edge/Crunch/Fire Punch/DD my I'd have a serious Heatran problem on my hands, as well as an Ononokusu/Sazandora problem. Outrage is much better on a lure than Stone Edge, because who expects an Outrage off a Tyranitar. One last problem I have with the Stone Edge/Crunch/Fire Punch/DD set is what happens if I fire off a Crunch and Terrakion switches in, it gets the Attack boost and I have no way to hit it, as it resists everyone of my moves. And locking into and Outrage and watching a Foretress or Nattorei come in isn't really a big deal for me, because they:
1) Set up rocks/Spikes which they will get up 2 layers or 1 layer and rocks or
2) Gyro Ball which unless the Nattorei/Foretress has major Attack investment fails to 2HKO or
3) It's a stupid Red Card Counter variant which just gets me out of the lock

Either way you consider it, for my purposes and lure purposes, the Stone Edge/Crunch/Fire Punch/DD set is inferior to my Outrage/EQ/Fire Punch/DD set.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
^ 248 Atk Adamant TTars +1 Stone Edge:
vs Szandora 92,3-108,9 % clean OHKO after SR and a 45% chance without
vs 0/0 Heatran 81,1-95,7% good chance to KO with SR (and Heatran can't do shit to you)
vs 0/0 Ono 100% guaranteed OHKO and a good chance to OHKO with Crunch after SR damage.

Also min Speed Nattoreis Gyro Ball is a guaranteed 2HKO against your TTar at +1 (can't do exact calcs since Gyro Ball is glitched on my Damage Calculator, but it could be an OHKO with Iron Barbs damage and SR)

I kind of like this idea, but I think I'd change it up a bit. Instead of going for a sweeper set utilizing the Power Swap/Draco Meteor combo, how about a defensive one with Cotton Guard, Roost, Draco Meteor, and Power Swap. CGuard raises your defense 3 stages, you still get good damage from a STAB Draco Meteor, and then you can cripple your opponents SA making you virtually bulky on both sides. His double weakness to Ice is my only problem. Roost or throw up another CGuard on switches and even Weavile's Ice Shard will only do 25% (with 0 Def IVs, Neutral Nature, +6 from two CGs). If you chose to roost on the switch, you lose your weakness to Rock and have only a x2 Ice weakness until you move again, meaning fast pokemon with SE moves will still have trouble taking you down. Thanks for the idea ^^.
This is actually a really nice idea, but aside from being a pita to kill, what will you be doing? Seems like you need toxic spikes to accomplish anything, and steels will sort of... sit there.

It sounds amazing though, I'm going to play around with it.

^ 248 Atk Adamant TTars +1 Stone Edge:
vs Szandora 92,3-108,9 % clean OHKO after SR and a 45% chance without
vs 0/0 Heatran 81,1-95,7% good chance to KO with SR (and Heatran can't do shit to you)
vs 0/0 Ono 100% guaranteed OHKO and a good chance to OHKO with Crunch after SR damage.

Also min Speed Nattoreis Gyro Ball is a guaranteed 2HKO against your TTar at +1 (can't do exact calcs since Gyro Ball is glitched on my Damage Calculator, but it could be an OHKO with Iron Barbs damage and SR)
The problem with those calcs is my teams lack SR. I have no way of setting up rocks on my team. And how much attack did you use for the Nattorei calc?

breh

強いだね
The problem with those calcs is my teams lack SR. I have no way of setting up rocks on my team. And how much attack did you use for the Nattorei calc?
It's using an attack that has around 125 BP or 150 BP (depending on the speed iv, assuming negative speed for both).

Do you really think it needs to have any attack?

I think maybe you should think about adding it then? Is there a particular reason you don't use Stealth Rock?

this is ony of me personal favorite sets made my yours truly

Terakion@life orb/expert belt
Nature: Hasty/naive
Ability: Justice Heart
-Cheer Up
-Hidden Power[Ice]
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
Evs: 252attack/252 speed/4 spc.attack

This thing is amazing. Takes out randorosu in one hit after a cheer up along with most gliscor i face.

I think maybe you should think about adding it then? Is there a particular reason you don't use Stealth Rock?
I have an odd team. Get ready:

-DrizzleToed
-CM Manaphy
-Specs Kingdra
-DDtar Lure
-LO Randorusu
-Doryouzu

With my heave offense base team I have no time to set up rocks, as the only viably bulky Pokemon to set them up would be TTar, who runs the given set

breh

強いだね
this is ony of me personal favorite sets made my yours truly

Terakion@life orb/expert belt
Nature: Hasty/naive
Ability: Justice Heart
-Cheer Up
-Hidden Power[Ice]
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
Evs: 252attack/252 speed/4 spc.attack

This thing is amazing. Takes out randorosu in one hit after a cheer up along with most gliscor i face.
I lol'd

probably the most hilarious set I've ever seen; this is actually pretty good on paper. The evs could be optimized a bit though; with a life orb, all you need to OHKO all gliscor at +1 (except lolyache) is 16 evs and a negative nature. thus 240/16/252 Jolly seems like a better spread.

Very nice find.

I lol'd

probably the most hilarious set I've ever seen; this is actually pretty good on paper. The evs could be optimized a bit though; with a life orb, all you need to OHKO all gliscor at +1 (except lolyache) is 16 evs and a negative nature. thus 240/16/252 Jolly seems like a better spread.

Very nice find.
thanks it was spawned due to my quest for perfect coverage. I guess fighting/rock/ice doesn't get walled much. Gliscor was the only thing that resisted rock and fighting i could find at the time. And well hidden power ice usually beats lol
but thaks again :)

A slightly different Heatran:

Heatran @Balloon
Modest nature
252 HP/252 SAtk
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power (Ice)
~Dark Pulse

Now, this Heatran is meant first of all to be a backup counter to Excadrill. It also works as a special attacking platform that tanks hits and kills things. The first two moves are standard, and HP Ice lets it fulfill an extra role: with the Balloon it flat-out kills Gliscor, Salamence lacking Brick Break, Garchomp, Flygon, and the like. This is the reason you want to keep the Balloon as intact as possible until said threats are gone.

The last move is really filler. I chose Dark Pulse as it 2HKOs physically defensive Burungeru after Stealth Rock and Sandstorm damage, and most Burungeru only 3HKO in return with Boil Over, sometimes 2HKO with Surf. Really, you wouldn't want to stay in to water-types in general. Run Stone Edge or Incinerate in this slot for all I care.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, after the success that I've had with double dance terrakion and landorus, I tried to make some other sets:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly

Agility
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Aerial Ace/Stone Edge/Baton Pass/Ice Fang/Night Slash

Run whatever you want in the last slot.

Bulky version of DuDa landorus (lol) Is a possible excadrill check, and his amazing physical movepool allows him to check lots of other stuff once set up. I gave him enough speed to ourtun jolly excadrill, and the remaining HP EVs give you 304 which is a lefties (and poison heal) number.

EDIT: A modified cress set:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Bold

Psychic
Rest
Sleep Talk
Psycho Shift

Lost of fun, this set. You can bluff a regular sleep talker and sleep one of your counters easily. Attacking slot and EVs are up for modification though, I'm not sure what would work best.

I made a couple of other sets like nitro charge + swords dance infernape, but they weren't very practical. Could work though...

That Gliscor, is absolutely outclassed by Randorosu, who can run the exact same set, while having tons of more power and more speed. He can do the exact same thing, like come in on Dory, Rock Polish up, sweep. He doesn't even need the Swords Dance in some cases.

Its like Salamence v Dragonite, really, except the difference in bulk isn't that huge.

A couple of my friends and I at another forum came up with a very creative Garchomp anti-lead. This lead actually works wonders in the Gen 5 metagame and really only loses to the random Cloyster Icicle Spear or freezehax. Otherwise, count on Stealth Rock getting up and being able to set up a potential early-game sweep.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant/ Naive
Ability: Sand Veil
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP (or SpA if Naive nature)

Stealth Rock
Swords Dance/Fire Blast
Dual Chop
Earthquake

This may seem a lot like a gimmick, but in a game where Magic Mirror runs rampant, you have to really use unexpected stuff if you want to get Stealth Rock up early. Garchomp easily accomplishes this because nobody expects to see it use Stealth Rock. If Garchomp manages to get a Swords Dance up if you're running the Jolly version (Jolly with SD and Naive with Fire Blast) you can potentially OHKO most anti-leads thanks to Dual Chop having as much power as Dragon Claw but being able to break the sash first. Balloon leads also go down to a combination of Dual Chop and Earthquake, and Garchomp can take their hits thanks to Focus Sash. Since this is mainly used in wifi, people also tend to try and use their Latios or Draco Meteor/ Ice beam user on Garchomp to kill it. This is perfect setup bait for Nattorei or Skarmory to come in and wreak havoc with entry hazards, leech seed (natt) or paralysis support (again nattorei).

No Pokemon is going to be able to stop Garchomp from Stealth Rock unless they predict a Swords Dance and go for a Taunt, such as with Voltolos. When it comes to dealing damage, however, Gliscor makes a great check, 3HKOing Garchomp with Earthquake while being able to stall with Poison Heal + Protect. Unless Garchomps gets up a Swords Dance, Dual Chop will be doing barely anything to Gliscor thanks to Poison Heal (about 25% a turn). Erufuun is also annoying to face thanks to Encore and Stun Spore, but unlike Wobbufett, Garchomp can switch out of Erufuun. Since Ice types are generally the best way to beat both of these Pokemon, recommended teammates are pretty much anything with a powerful Ice move. Starmie is the best choice to take Gliscor's Fling or Erufuun's Stun Spore with Natural Cure.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
That Gliscor, is absolutely outclassed by Randorosu, who can run the exact same set, while having tons of more power and more speed. He can do the exact same thing, like come in on Dory, Rock Polish up, sweep. He doesn't even need the Swords Dance in some cases.

Its like Salamence v Dragonite, really, except the difference in bulk isn't that huge.
I disagree. Gliscor has poison heal, better physical bulk and hyper cutter if you really want it. The surprise factor also lets it set up in many more situations as well. He can still outspeed excadrill and has flying STAB, unlike landorus.

I disagree. Gliscor has poison heal, better physical bulk and hyper cutter if you really want it. The surprise factor also lets it set up in many more situations as well. He can still outspeed excadrill and has flying STAB, unlike landorus.
This is a very good point. He is essentially a bulkier and more surprising edition in comparison to landlos.

@Shock Trooper
Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant/ Naive
Ability: Sand Veil
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP (or SpA if Naive nature)

Stealth Rock
Swords Dance/Fire Blast
Dual Chop
Earthquake

I'd change sand veil for rough skin, no? I think this Gar could be a bulky lead by changing the evs around and get rid of focus sash for leftovers or yache berry.

I posted this in the Musharna thread. I made it myself.

Musharna
Name: Sharna's Room
Ability: Synchronize/ Forewarn
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp/ 116 Def/ 136 SpAtk
Nature: Relaxed/Quiet
~ Calm Mind
~ Assist Power
~ Trick Room
~ Shadow Ball/ Hidden Power(fight)

Swoobat
Name: Psych Bat
Ability: Unaware
Item: Focus Sash/Leftovers
Evs: 128 Hp/ 128 SpAtk/ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
~ Psych Up
~ Assist Power
~ Hidden Power(fight)
~ Shadow Ball/Roost

This is a great Calm mind counter and bulk up. If only unaware could ignore speed boosts. Thats why I have focus sash, for them dragon dancers and butterfly dancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)