The Desktop Thread

I've always enjoyed tweaking the looks of my windows. Every now and then I just sit down and start searching for skins and layouts and tweak my desktop to my likings. I'm pretty much wondering if there are others doing this, and offcourse, if those people are willing to share.

tl;dr: dump your desktops here and perhaps what youve done to them

oh, put crap in hide tags to make this actually readible...

What ive done: Rocketdock with custom icons, changed the visual style and got rainmeter and fences installed (fences is just used to hide the crap on my desk)

mine is a slideshow with 30 or so images, many of them making reference to red hat. this second, it is

i have also been known to use icepick art as a wallpaper ^_^

hey guys I just wanted to pop in to say that smogon was pretty cool before because in both firebot and congregation this topic probably would have been deleted.

anyway I'm not stopping you guys or anything keep going whatever

hey guys I just wanted to pop in to say that smogon was pretty cool before because in both firebot and congregation this topic probably would have been deleted.

anyway I'm not stopping you guys or anything keep going whatever
This topic actually did exist in Cong with no issue. I doubt it would have been frowned upon in Firebot. Now that we've established why you're not a moderator..

Unfortunately I can't contribute; I only have a laptop atm so I can't really do anything fancy with my desktop and I'd rather not post something generic. But I guess I'll ask here since it's been bothering me; does anybody know of any interactive or real-time desktops? I'd love a wallpaper that shows my CPU information and status, but I haven't come across anything of the sort.

EDIT:

Rainmeter has some real-time stuff like that you can put on your desktop: system uptime, CPU usage, RAM usage, disk space, battery life and RSS feeds, all that fun stuff.
I'll have to mess around with this but it looks good. Thanks!

But I guess I'll ask here since it's been bothering me; does anybody know of any interactive or real-time desktops? I'd love a wallpaper that shows my CPU information and status, but I haven't come across anything of the sort.
Rainmeter has some real-time stuff like that you can put on your desktop: system uptime, CPU usage, RAM usage, disk space, battery life and RSS feeds, all that fun stuff.

I'm one of those fussy people who are always changing their wallpapers / desktop icons / visual themes / foobar2k skins, but I've been using my current windows style for awhile, just changing the wallpapers / icons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)