Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
It has always healed poison type pokemon, but it has also ALWAYS made any non-poison type pokemon become poisoned.
It has also ALWAYS made any non-poison type pokemon loose health. They don't become poisoned.

Edit: Ninja'd

I don't know how creative this actually is, since it's basically a ripoff of SwiftNite, buuuuuuut....

Lugia @ Leftovers
Pressure / Multiscale
Timid, 252 HP / 64 Def (or SpD) / 192 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Roost / Recover
- Substitute

Yeah, on the one hand, I could say this is creative because it's something that I've not seen before in Ubers, EVER... though really, I kinda can't, because it's kinda literally an Uber version of SwiftNite. Still, I think it's kind of a close-enough deal.

So there's this above version, which is designed to go with tons of Hazard support (non-Tspikes) and can totally cripple teams that don't have a status cleric. The Tspikes version would forgo TWave for another shuffling move, perhaps, to keep options open in case you get a Subber (my Lugia variant has struggled with Substitute-users a bit). Or grab Whirlwind AND Ice Beam.

- Roost / Recover
- Sub
- Whirlwind / Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam / Dragon Tail

Thoughts?

Lopunny @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Klutz
Jolly Nature: 164 Atk / 92 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Focus Punch
~ Switcheroo
~ Return / Fake Out
~ Healing Wish

This is very situational. Lopunny can switch in and use Switcheroo when the opponent is trying to set up entry hazards or use stat booster moves. Then it'll get free charge for Focus Punch. Return is the STAB and has great coverage. Lopunny can also use Fake Out to revenge kill already crippled opponent. With respectable 65 / 84 / 96 defenses, it can take 1 or 2 attack before it sacrifices itself with Healing Wish.
But it's very useless when faced against ghost sweepers like Gengar or Mismagius. At least it can still Switcheroo the bulky ones like Dusclops.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm testing a bulky Excadrill set, and it works way better than I thought it would!

Excadrill @ Leftovers / Balloon
Sand Rush
220 HP / 176 Def / 112 Spe
Impish

Earthquake / Drill Liner
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Iron Defense

416 hp, 306 attack, 220 defense and 240 speed. He's actually pretty easy to set up, getting multiple attack and defense boosts even against stuff with ground or fighting attacks. So far, I've set up on DDnite with EQ, donphan, superpower tyranitar...

Sandstorm support isn't necessary, as he can outspeed breloom without it. I tested this in the dream world tier, and he can aerial ace the shroom before he spores, and can take a mach punch too. I'm still working on it, so any suggestions are welcome.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
If you want to go that route, I would definitely recommend leftovers over balloon. You really need that recovery when coupled with Iron Defense. You might also want to consider using Rock Slide or Stone Edge over Aerial Ace for the generally nice coverage, but demolishing Grass/Fighting types in one blow is still a really good thing. Whatever you prefer.

I'm testing a bulky Excadrill set, and it works way better than I thought it would!

Excadrill @ Leftovers / Balloon
Sand Rush
220 HP / 176 Def / 112 Spe
Impish

Earthquake / Drill Liner
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Iron Defense

416 hp, 306 attack, 220 defense and 240 speed. He's actually pretty easy to set up, getting multiple attack and defense boosts even against stuff with ground or fighting attacks. So far, I've set up on DDnite with EQ, donphan, superpower tyranitar...

Sandstorm support isn't necessary, as he can outspeed breloom without it. I tested this in the dream world tier, and he can aerial ace the shroom before he spores, and can take a mach punch too. I'm still working on it, so any suggestions are welcome.
Why Drill Liner? For PP?

EDIT: Or the crit ratio?

If it should go on a bulky route, I think EVs to survive priorities is better, as you're better off with attacking/more power and bulk to survive priorities (that would end your sweep).

An Impish nature with 100 def EVs for example lets it survive Choice Band Azumarill's Aqua Jet after Stealth Rock.

Wouldn't this work better with Black Sludge? Choice Scarf is still a pretty good item
No.

Choice Scarf is for beating defensive pokemon and slow offensive pokemon. Medium to fast offensive pokemon can just go to town with high powered STABs and boosted speeds.

Flame Orb is for crippling physical sweepers. Defensive pokemon and special sweepers treat a Burn as an annoyance, it's not much of a a problem, especially with Leftovers, and they just keep on attacking/walling.

Black Sludge kind of inferior in every way to Burn Orb and Toxic Orb, unless you're worried about Fire-types/Poison and Steel-types and/or have Toxic Spikes.

I think the Orbs would be a better choice, since Lopunny doesn't exactly lure in defensive pokemon by scaring its opponent with terrifyingly large base attack.

Weather Counter
Mamoswine @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Cloak
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant
-Hail
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower

This isn't revolutionary but I haven't seen anyone else use Mamoswine like this.
Hail when you get the opportunity (after killing the opponent's permaweatherer). Icy Rock because nobody likes Hail and it makes attacks more likely to miss for longer.

Even then I would think Flame Orb would be better.
the idea of using Choice Scarf is to force switch the opponent when it can't use other moves after trying to set up entry hazards or boost its stats. But after that is a different story though :/

Toxic or Flame Orb are great options too, but it won't give as much urgency to switch as Choice Scarf.

Weather Counter
Mamoswine @ Icy Rock
Adamant
-Hail
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower

This isn't revolutionary but I haven't seen anyone else use Mamoswine like this.
Hail when you get the opportunity (after killing the opponent's permaweatherer). Icy Rock because nobody likes Hail and it makes attacks more likely to miss for longer.
It might beat Ninetales and Tyranitar, but it can't beat Hippowdon and Politoed (even if you run Blizzard, you'd still have a problem with Politoed).

It says to set up hail after killing the weather inducer, and the set name and moves suggest that it's set to beat the actual weather inducers(which like I said doesn't beat all) and set up hail afterwards.

I understood it as meaning have something else on your team take out the weather inducer and then have that Mamo come in and use Hail on a free turn.

breh

強いだね
Choice Specs Machamp is actually one of the few pokemon that can 2HKO Blissey with a special attack.
actually no

there's a lot of pokemon that can do that, but only 252 HP versions with no SpD.

Keldio is the only one that can 100% of the time 2hko blissey with Choice Specs focus Blast. Lucario comes close.

Weather Counter
Mamoswine @ Icy Rock
Adamant
-Hail
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower
I understand where you're going with this, but why not just use Abomasnow?

Here's a set to add to the fray:

Skelegor!
Accelgor @Life Orb
Timid / Naive
Hydration/Sticky Hold
252 SA, 252 SP, 4 HP
Taunt / Encore
Guard Share
Bug Buzz
HP (Fire?) / Spikes

Meant to be an all around good lead, Accelgor's goal is to cripple set-uppers, walls, and just about anything else that isn't going to just smack him. Guard Share is great against walls because Accel's defenses are an amazingly bad 40/60, but has a respectable 80 HP and might end up slightly bulky after a good share. Even if a sweeper switches in, you can still neutralize their special defense on the switch (that's why I suggested Naive nature as well) and hit them with a big STAB Bug Buzz or SE HP. If you want to go a less aggressive route, can use STAB U-Turns to scout and set-up Spikes. He's susceptible to status without using Hydration in Rain, but only T-Wave is a huge problem for him. I'd go Sticky Hold just to thwart Trickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)