In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only issue with Reuniclus is that, at least in the E4 round too, he's horribly difficult to use. She bulldozed everything in sight, but the terrible speed meant she could never win without taking prior damage, usually SE.

@voodoo pimp
I don't know why didn't i think of that. derp.

Sigilyph is awesome. It gets Ice Beam and Air Slash and Fly and Psychic, all good in-game moves. GOlurk learning Fly is ROFL but it makes Golurk a solid in-game addition for players who don't mind waiting until mid-late-game.

I've never used Ghoulem/Golurk in the storyline, but he totally brutalized the E4 when I sued him at level ~72 with Shadow Punch, EQ, Fly, and Rock Polish.

That's because he IS a brute. A brute that lurks and reads you posts, kidnapping posters with poor post quality. *cough Duskull cough* Seriously, though, his high Attack and unique access to Fly with Ground, Ghost and boosting moves makes him really effective, especially since level imbalances give well-trained Pokemon 'fake speed' and allow him to outrun everything. That is unless you get paranoid about your team being weak and put Macho Brace on the lead Pokemon for every battle pre-League.

Lolwut Macho Brace. >_> you don't ev train pre-E4.

also it seems that the game will be released in fall. lol. should've done it in winter(aka APRIL)

One quick question--why is Cubchoo so low on the tier list? Beartic is pretty powerful, TBH...not to mention it learns Ice Breath (even if it isn't the best user of it--that would be the ice creams). Is it just because of pure-ice-typing on an offensively-statted Pokemon, or what? *Is confused*

I'm sorry if someone has asked this before .-.
Ice Breath comes off of his weaker attacking stat. His level up move-pool is hilariously awful, giving him only one physical STAB, at level 37. (It's arguably the only useful level-up move he has at all.)

Oh, not to mention he's ungodly slow, no secondary stab, ICE typing, average-ish defenses and while 110 attack is good, it isn't really making up for all his other issues.

Just got to the Elite 4 and my team was

Emboar : Flamethrower/Nitro Charge/Brick Break/Wild Bolt
As soon as Tepig evolved into Pignite it became a powerhouse. Really strong through the early and mid story. Lack of strong STAB moves hurts later, as I had to deal with Nitro Charge and Arm Thrust until Sekka City when I got Brick Break. Once Emboar learnt Flamethrower it started to do even more damge.
Top Tier

Simisage
(Replaced at Tower of Heavens) : Dig/Bite/Leech Seed/Seed Bomb
Only good for the first gym. That's all. When it learned Seed Bomb at level 22 it wrecked shit up for a while, but quickly became the weak link on my team again.
Low Tier

Scrafty
: Brick Break/Crunch/Hi Jump Kick/Rock Slide
Absolutely brilliant. As soon as it learnt Brick Break it destroyed everything! Even around the late level 30s before it evolved it was still brilliant. It did have Payback instead of Crunch as mine has a Brave nature. It never outspeeds anything but it hits so hard! Plus Moxieconfidence Spiral (I love whoever said this first) is the best ability in-game, period.
Top Tier

Archeops
: Acrobatics/Rock Slide/Dig/Fly
Again, brilliant. Fast and powerful. Rarely needed any attack other than Acrobatics as it outpowered super effective Rock Tomb anyway. This thing won me the 8th Gym, surviving a +1 Dragon Claw and KOing Haxorus with Fly. A huge powerhouse
High Tier

Mincinno
: Sweep Slap/Wake-Up Slap/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast
Surprisingly good. As Cincinno it was rather dissapointing until it learnt Sweep Slap, when it became seriously strong. As it learnt the coverage moves it became, honestly, the most reliable member of the team! This thing KOs everything! I managed to get an Adamant one, so it's attack is really high as well
High Tier

Galvantula : Volt Change/Thunder/Signal Beam/Gastro Acid
Really weak until it evolved, but when it did the change was enourmous! It suddenly became a special powerhouse, even more so when it got Thunder. Modest nature helped as well. Volt Change replaced Charge Beam but I might change back. Gastro Acid was used to beat Foongus when it was still a Joltik and had to use Bug Bite.
High-Mid Tier

Chandelure
: Shadow Ball/Will-O-Wisp/Bursting Flame/Fire Blast
Slow and dissapointing until I got a Dusk Stone. Unfortuneatly this came really late as I didn't get strength until after the 8th Gym. But once it evolved it hit much harder than everything else on my team. Fire Blast KOs everything. Waiting for the Energy Ball TM to round off coverage.
Low-Mid Tier

Just finished another playthrough, my thoughts/team.

The movesets I listed aren't really what my final movesets turned out to be, but they're what I think works the best.

Emboar
(Flamethrower, Return, Arm Thrust, Level Ground/Head Smash)
I'm not sure if it's just me, but he didn't really live up to expectations. Arm Thrust was pretty much his only Fighting move the whole game, and Nitro Charge slowly got weaker as the game with on. That said, he sure as hell isn't BAD, just...not amazing.
Mid-High Tier

Swoobat
(Psychic, Air Slash, Return, Fly/Assurance)
Honestly, I'm not sure why I even used it. Probably my friend being all OH MY GOD WOOBAT IS THE BEST THING EVAR, but meh. This thing has probably the worst defense out of everything you could use ingame. From me catching it in the Underground Waterway to the Elite Four, EVERYTHING killed it in one hit. Everything. That said, Air Slash was pretty amazing for flinchhaxing things to death, and Psychic is stronger then I expected.
Low Tier

Zebstrika (Return, Discharge, Nitro Charge, Thunder Wave)
Like Swoobat, it died way too much to be useful against the harder bosses. Unlike Swoobat, it was pretty good for Thunderwaving things, and Return + Nitro Charge was at least decent. The biggest problem is that it's a physical attacker in a game full of high-Defense Pokemon; when I replaced Discharge with Wild Volt, it's usefulness dropped like a rock.
Mid Tier

Excadrill (Earthquake, X-Scissor, Rock Slide, Return)
It's Excadrill.
High Tier

Sawsbuck
(Return, Wood Horn, Jump Kick, Leech Seed)
What makes Sawsbuck so great is that as soon as you catch it, it's already a powerhouse. Jump Kick destroys things, Return gets STAB and wrecks EVERYTHING once you have Happiness up, and Wood Horn + Leech Seed gives it surprisingly good survivability. That said, dying to Fighting, Bug, Fire and Ice attacks can be a pain.
High Tier

Beartic (Icicle Drop, Surf, Aerial Ace, Return)
It gets NOTHING. Ice typing and low Defence makes it die to everything. Icicle Drop is more or less it's only great move, since Sigylph, Excadrill, even Swoobat and Unfezant can use Aerial Ace/Flying attacks more effectively. Surf runs off a terrible SpAtk. As if that wasn't bad enough, Icicle Drop has a terrible tendency to miss half the time. You'd think he'd be great for the eighth gym, but he can't even take on dragons without getting his ass handed to him.
Low Tier

Does anyone else have any other Shandera experience in game?

KokoaKiwi, I remember you recommending it, any more info? You're obviously a fan =P

More info?
Uhm, cross chop can be bred into a lot of pokémon. Try to keep Chandy alive so it won't faint.
Other than that...uh, not much. Chandy NEEDS tms, and most of them arent available too soon. Psychic and Energy Ball are after the elite four and nitro charge comes right before gym 8.
Flame Body > Flash Fire at that point in the game since you're gonna be spammed by Dragon Claws, too.

More info?
Uhm, cross chop can be bred into a lot of pokémon. Try to keep Chandy alive so it won't faint.
Other than that...uh, not much. Chandy NEEDS tms, and most of them arent available too soon. Psychic and Energy Ball are after the elite four and nitro charge comes right before gym 8.
Flame Body > Flash Fire at that point in the game since you're gonna be spammed by Dragon Claws, too.
Was your playthrough with it as bad as some of the other users?

what do u mean cross chop can be bred into lots of pokes :/?

The cross chop thingie is a recurring joke from smogon's magazine The Smog.

My only terrible playthrough was when I chose Tepig. I had a bad team and derped horribly by not teaching Heat Stamp to my starter. Other than that, I've had a lot of fun going thorugh the game multiple times with different pokes.

The cross chop thingie is a recurring joke from smogon's magazine The Smog.

My only terrible playthrough was when I chose Tepig. I had a bad team and derped horribly by not teaching Heat Stamp to my starter. Other than that, I've had a lot of fun going thorugh the game multiple times with different pokes.
ah i feel like a noob now...

Hey what do you guys think of this team im thinking about having for ingame?

NOTES*
-Sandile or Drilbur
- Thinking about using Tepig instead, but i would rather have Darumaka, advice?
-Thought about adding Petilil, who would be good to replace for it if i choose to do this?
- Sawk or Scraggy
-Is Druddigon a solid choice or would there be a better mid-late game replacement?
anyone?

i would use axew instead of crimgan.

seems like you've taken this straight from the first post so should do you good :)
thank god someone answered!!
what do you think of the notes/ questions i asked btw?
and whadda u mean straight from the first post?

^ I've seen somebody use it before. They said it was a pain to level up and it doesn't have very good coverage either, but it helped in a few places. So not the best Pokemon to use, but it's viable.

edit: @DRADE
Kojondo is arguably te best fighter in the game. It's only real slop is that comes really, really late.
How late do you get him, and i havent heard anything about this guy before , what are his ups and downs compared to other fighting pokes in this game

Offensively, Kojondo's the strongest fighter. She has access to rock slide, jump kick, acrobat, poisong jab, u-turn, and drain punch backed by huge attack stat. Defensively, she's paper. Kojofu evolves at level 50 and you can catch Kojofu at level 34 before the seventh gym. Luckily, literally everything in that gym is ohko'd by drain punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)