Emonga

Matter of fact, Air Slash, Baton Pass and Motor Drive Ability together is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Proof: If you take a male Fairy Egg Group Pokémon that know Baton Pass by level up, say Plusle or Minun, and breed it with a female Togetic/Togekiss, you would get a Togepi that knows Baton Pass. Now suppose you take a male of these Togepi offspring, evolve him straight into Togekiss, teach him Air Slash via Heart Scale while keeping Baton Pass, and breed him with a female Emonga from the Dream World. The resulting offspring will be Emonga, with Dream World ability Motor Drive, that know both Air Slash and Baton Pass.

On PO I use all the electric rodents in a team (even Pichu!), and the Minun I refer to is one of them; the only exception is Plusle. I decided that Emonga would be my Scarfer (for surprising the likes of +1 DD-Mence and Scarf Chomp), but I needed Sub Passing, and of the two (Plusle and Minun) that remain, Minun happens to be bulkier.

The Emonga I'm having!!!!!

Emonga @ Lvl 100

Motor Drive (if possible)
Trained with Power Anklet
Item: Magnet (or something that ups electric moves)

Electra Ball
Acrobat
Agility
Volt Change/ Baton Pass

252 Spd
126 Atk
126 Sp.Atk

Emonga @ Lvl 100

Motor Drive (if possible)
Trained with Power Anklet
Item: Magnet (or something that ups electric moves)

Electra Ball
Acrobat
Agility
Volt Change/ Baton Pass

252 Spd
126 Atk
126 Sp.Atk
Level wont matter since they're auto raised to 100, power anklet halves speed in battle, mainly used for EV training, occasionaly used to slow down those who abuse gyro-ball, volt change wont effect ground, either.
and this looks like a baton pass suport, so move moar EVs to HP, to stay alive.

Has anyone tried using Emonga as an anti-lead of sorts? Something along the lines of:

Emonga @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Trait: Motor Drive
- Baton Pass/Hidden Power Ice
- Encore
- Taunt
- Volt Change

The idea would be to Taunt anything slower than Emonga, or Encore anything that is faster and likely to set up hazards and then Volt Change out to a reliable counter. Baton Pass could be used to pass speed boosts from Motor Drive, while Hidden Power Ice can take up to 80% off of things such as Scarfchomp, coming in to take the Electric move.

I've not been able to play much of this gen so far, but this thing looks too adorable not to use.

Voltolos also gets the same typing, and can actually put on the hurt as an earlygame sweeper, creating holes in the opponent's team.

Emonga's 75/75 offences would've been perfect for a mixed set(Wild Charge, Air Slash, etc.), if it wasn't for the fact that it can't learn Cheer Up(wtf). Trollfreaks. >_>

Also TrollFreak trolled us by giving him U-turn as well with Volt Change. What the hell?

Completely outclassed by Thundurus/Boltolos who has priority Taunt and FAR better stats.
Well, I wouldn't say completely outclassed, as Emonga has Encore, a possible Electric immunity, and the ability to baton pass speed boosts. I'm not trying to argue that Voltolos isn't a better pokemon overall, which is plain to see, but rather how to use Emonga effectively.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Well, I wouldn't say completely outclassed, as Emonga has Encore, a possible Electric immunity, and the ability to baton pass speed boosts. I'm not trying to argue that Voltolos isn't a better pokemon overall, which is plain to see, but rather how to use Emonga effectively.
Zapdos can do the same and has far better stats. His only selling point is Air Slash, but hey there is Rotom-S who again has far better stats.

Emonga will have a hard time to find its niche even in the lower tiers :/

The only pokemon that truly outclasses Emonga is Zapdos and even then it has Encore and a higher base speed on it's side. Once UU is developed on smogon, I think Emonga could be a common staple.

Here are two sets that I've been using in PO's DW UU tier.

Emonga (F) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Thunder/Thunderbolt/Discharge
- Air Slash

A premiere Rain Dancer. Two immunities plus the ability to Encore non-attacking moves enable it to have plenty of opportunities to set up Rain Dance. Thunder works will in-conjunction with Rain. Air Slash for STAB and flinch potential :3

Emonga (M) @ Leftovers
- Discharge
- Air Slash
- Encore
- Baton Pass

A general supporting set. Two great immunities grant it the ability to switch in. Encore the Ground, Electric or non-attacking move and either attack or Baton Pass out. Baton Pass is a great move because it allows you to "react" rather than guess as to what your foe is going to send in next. You can also Baton Pass a Motor Drive boost to other pokemon. Very useful.

Has anyone tried a physical attacker set? Something like:

Emolga @ Flying Gem/Electric Gem
Ability: Motor Drive
252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Wild Charge
-Acrobatics
-Roost/Baton Pass
-Encore

Not sure how well it'd work, but a 165 BP STAB Acrobatics seems like it could be useful.

When I used an Emolga on my team before, I had some success with this set:

Emolga (M) @ Focus Sash
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Encore
- Electro Ball

Thunder Wave reduces speed to 1/4, so if Emolga outspeeds the other pokemon before it uses TWave, Electro Ball will have its highest possible power. It can also try to abuse flinch hax when its health is low using Air Slash. It's main problems, obviously, are Weather and SR, which really hurts it on OU.

If the cell battery is multi-use, it, when paired with motor drive, could potentially make it a large threat to teams when switched into an electric type attack. (DD ftw?)
Perhaps:
Emolga @ cell battery
Jolly
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
wild charge
aerial ace
quick attack
substitute/ return/ roost

Standard physical attacker set more or less. Wild charge and aerial ace for stab, quick attack for potentially helpful priority. Sub/ return as fillers for 4th slot, perhaps roost might be a viable option too?

If the cell battery is multi-use, it, when paired with motor drive, could potentially make it a large threat to teams when switched into an electric type attack. Perhaps:
Emolga @ cell battery
Jolly
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
wild charge
aerial ace
quick attack
substitute/ return/ roost

Standard physical attacker set more or less. Wild charge and aerial ace for stab, quick attack for potentially helpful priority. Sub/ return as fillers for 4th slot, perhaps roost might be a viable option too?
Motor Drive negates the Cell Battery's effect, so it's actually useless to have it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)