Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay so I am trying to capture a Feebas in Mt. Coronet, my seed is cd0b09ba and my target frame is frame 243. Fished pokemon have that monster frame of 4, so I turned around on the ground to advance my frame by one, did exactly 119 journal flips, and then I fished the tile I knew Feebas to be at (I captured it earlier and found it's encounter slot to be 0, so I went ahead and chose the frame with encounter slot 0 to be safe), but when I did, I found Whiscash instead, and after I caught it, I found out it was frame 244, not frame 243.

There are no NPC's in this part of Mount Coronet, I used defog so weather couldn't be interfering, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. D:

plz halp

HI, all smogon user

I wan to ask you all, is it possible to RNG "PokeRadar Pokemon" in this case Bagon in Route 210 (Pokemon Platinum), and how to make it work. What method to use ?? Please every one need help for this one

Another question how to use "Chained Shiny" Method in RNG, I mean for what this method used, how it work
Please onebidy know how to RNG Pokeradar Pokemon please share your tutorial or give me link to learn that rng with pokeradar pokemon

Please onebidy know how to RNG Pokeradar Pokemon please share your tutorial or give me link to learn that rng with pokeradar pokemon
For Pokéradar RNG is the same process as if you were catching a wild pokémon except of course without using sweet scent.
You should read LightningFusion Guide post (number #8 in this thread i think) so you can familiarize on how many frames the pokeradar advance everytime you use it, anyway the only thing I can add to that is that you only have to use the pokeradar once and take note on how many patches shake, take note on how many frames took you to get in front of one of them and then advance the frames to one of your target frames that HAS the appropriate encounter slot for pokeradar pokémon (6,7,10 or 11) and then just advance to that frame as follows:
Target Frame - Pokeradar Advancement - Steps/Turns Advancement -1

The -1 is because you will advance it once you walk to the patch

Hope this helped you and happy Pokéradar hunting!

Okay so I am trying to capture a Feebas in Mt. Coronet, my seed is cd0b09ba and my target frame is frame 243. Fished pokemon have that monster frame of 4, so I turned around on the ground to advance my frame by one, did exactly 119 journal flips, and then I fished the tile I knew Feebas to be at (I captured it earlier and found it's encounter slot to be 0, so I went ahead and chose the frame with encounter slot 0 to be safe), but when I did, I found Whiscash instead, and after I caught it, I found out it was frame 244, not frame 243.

There are no NPC's in this part of Mount Coronet, I used defog so weather couldn't be interfering, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. D:

plz halp
I was having the same problem. There is something about the Feebas squares that troll you. Maybe it's an additional RNG call for something. It's not anything you are doing wrong.

I'm actually trying to remember what I did to correct the problem. You may have to do some trial and error. Try doing it without the turn and see if you undershoot by 1 or not. Try even frames instead of odd, etc. I'm sorry I can't remember how I did it D:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone tried to RNG for Zapdos in HG/SS? I'm getting weird frame advances upon encountering it. I had no problems checking/advancing the frames through Elm calls but when I go encounter Zapdos the frames advance by a variable amount. I've only tried 3 times but advances of 30, 40 and 60 frames is pretty frustrating. Would I be better off just trying it in Platinum? Thanks.

Whats the best way to rng the kanto starters?
If you mean in HG/SS, the normal way (method 1). Just remember that Charmander is frame 1, Squirtle is frame 5 and Bulbasaur is frame 9 (like the Johto starters). This means that, if your Squirtle is on frame 400, you'll need to stop on frame 396.

(There's the slightest chance that Charmander and Bulbasaur are backwards, but I doubt it. I've only confirmed Squirtle through my own experience.)

My questions:

What is the best way to confirm delay in Pearl, and Platinum? I understand that I need to catch a high level Pokémon in order to start narrowing a delay range, but is there a specific route that is free of NPCs and other RNG noise that is good to use? Should I use Sweet Scent or just randomly run in grass?

Also, just to make sure, there are no PokéMarts in either Pearl or Platinum that are quiet, right? And, is Darkrai's area quiet? (And, do I need to release Cresselia to get to Darkrai, or am I missing something? I have the member's card, of course.)
~Uiru

No, you don't want the Daycare man to call you while you are trying to do Egg IVs. After you save in front of the daycare man holding your shiny egg, hit your desired seed for IVs. As soon as you enter the game work open the Pokegear.

There is one wandering NPC on the route, which is why you won't always be starting at the first frame. When you do your Elm calls to check your seed / advance to your target frame for your IVs, just keep in mind the NPC may have caused the first few frames to have been skipped. This may or may not be the case depending on what the NPC was doing when you saved the game and how fast you opened the Pokegear.

Once you have your seed confirmed, keep calling Elm or Joey until you are 1 before your target frame. At that point you exit the Pokegear and talk to the daycare man as fast as possible. It's OK if the NPC advances your frame before you verify your seed and do your advances, but if the NPC gets you here, you would miss your target frame and have the wrong IVs.

Keeping these things in mind, you probably want a target frame for the IVs of ~8-15. For the shinyness the first frame is preferable, of course.
I still don't see the problem. I know most of the things you just said there. I have RNG'd a few pokemon with flawless IV's lots of times. I haven't done it with a shiny pokemon yet though. See I retried about 20 times and yet my frames were still skipping no matter how fast I entered the pokegear. Maybe it occured when I was discarding eggs for my shiny pokemon. As it was skipping about 4 frames. But lets say this skips 4 frames. And my target is 8. Would I just do 3 calls and pick up the egg? Or do I have to depend on the last few calls and that? Lemme try explain it better.

I open up the pokegear. I start on frame 4 straight away. My target is 9 or something. So do I do 4 calls and pick the egg up? Or do I have to do the usual 8 calls even though I started on the 4th call?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Has anyone tried to RNG for Zapdos in HG/SS? I'm getting weird frame advances upon encountering it. I had no problems checking/advancing the frames through Elm calls but when I go encounter Zapdos the frames advance by a variable amount. I've only tried 3 times but advances of 30, 40 and 60 frames is pretty frustrating. Would I be better off just trying it in Platinum? Thanks.
I did it in one shot. No weird frame advances. My spread was on frame 7, I believe. There must be something you're doing wrong although I couldn't tell you what that might be.

In Platinum, Zapdos is a roamer which makes it much more difficult.

I want to RNG my Jirachi from the Pokemart in HGSS. How do I do this, as i seem to have no control over the delay when using the guide?
Any Help? (I want to do this on Saturday)

Also, if i deleted Jirachi's wondercard before I pick it up, will i still be able to collect it?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I did it in one shot. No weird frame advances. My spread was on frame 7, I believe. There must be something you're doing wrong although I couldn't tell you what that might be.

In Platinum, Zapdos is a roamer which makes it much more difficult.
Alright, I'll try again later. I've had success RNGing for other stuff though so idk.

Edit: Wait a sec, is Zapdos method K? That would explain a lot if it is.

Edit 2: Yeah it's method K. Reading comprehension fail. But I got my Timid 30/15/30/31/31/31 Zapdos. :D

I open up the pokegear. I start on frame 4 straight away. My target is 9 or something. So do I do 4 calls and pick the egg up? Or do I have to do the usual 8 calls even though I started on the 4th call?
It's the former. If you start on the 4th call, those first three frames have passed. Calling Elm is advancing the same RNG that the wandering NPC is.

Shii

zap
I was having the same problem. There is something about the Feebas squares that troll you. Maybe it's an additional RNG call for something. It's not anything you are doing wrong.

I'm actually trying to remember what I did to correct the problem. You may have to do some trial and error. Try doing it without the turn and see if you undershoot by 1 or not. Try even frames instead of odd, etc. I'm sorry I can't remember how I did it D:
I was thinking maybe that was it, an extra RNG call, but I tried doing it without the turn and I still ended up on the frame before my target. :c

Well actually, I did that and when I tried to fish, I failed to get anything. I'm assuming I hit a wrong frame since my target frame would succeed in encounter. I'm not sure though. Frame 242 was what I think I was on, because it's close to my target and it says in RNG Reporter I wouldn't encounter anything. :p

I would pick another seed, but this is my only modest spread with good IV's that I get shiny and I really want a shiny Milotic in a dive ball. D:

I was thinking maybe that was it, an extra RNG call, but I tried doing it without the turn and I still ended up on the frame before my target. :c

Well actually, I did that and when I tried to fish, I failed to get anything. I'm assuming I hit a wrong frame since my target frame would succeed in encounter. I'm not sure though. Frame 242 was what I think I was on, because it's close to my target and it says in RNG Reporter I wouldn't encounter anything. :p

I would pick another seed, but this is my only modest spread with good IV's that I get shiny and I really want a shiny Milotic in a dive ball. D:
As far as I could tell, the encounter slots and whether you got a bite or not didn't seem to have any significance when fishing for Feebas.

If you are going for an even frame, and the spread occurs on an odd frame, you should give that one a try. It may not even be a Feebas, but you might be able to hit the frame. I think what I may have done is add +5 for the encounter instead of +4 and go for an odd frame. For some reason advancing by other ways than journal flips seems to screw things up.

All I remember is I tried all sorts of tricks to outsmart the trolling, and sometimes it worked :<

Im trying to get a shiny suicune in HG 2033 01 05 19:02:50 seed 39130212 and 497 delay im using pikatimer to get my delay and seconds correct but nearly every time i get a delay of 495 or 489 and sometimes RNG Reporter tells me that Elm's reponses are incorrect. Please help me.

I'm going for a Darkrai from Platinum. I've found a good seed (484) but the wrong nature. If Synchronize doesn't make it Timid, will it ever? (Is Synchronize's activation tied to the frame?)
~Uiru

I'm going for a Darkrai from Platinum. I've found a good seed (484) but the wrong nature. If Synchronize doesn't make it Timid, will it ever? (Is Synchronize's activation tied to the frame?)
~Uiru
If you mean
"You have a seed that have the IV you want but not the nature and you wonder if you can use a sync to get the nature and IV.

Most likely no, at least that exact seed wont give you a timid nature with iv. If you use a timid sync. you get the nature, maybe but not the same IV unless it was already determined.

Edit what is the seed?

Im trying to get a shiny suicune in HG 2033 01 05 19:02:50 seed 39130212 and 497 delay im using pikatimer to get my delay and seconds correct but nearly every time i get a delay of 495 or 489 and sometimes RNG Reporter tells me that Elm's reponses are incorrect. Please help me.
Use toastplusone timer or you will have to do a trial and error with when you press a on the timers. If its usually 1 or 2 off then then you can play around when you press a. Do this only if your patient.

As for the result error
Are you adjusted delay at least +-10 or 20 and you seconds are at least +-1?

Any Help? (I want to do this on Saturday)

Also, if i deleted Jirachi's wondercard before I pick it up, will i still be able to collect it?
You delete the card before collection the poke is gone, end of story

Crap, I forgot exactly how Synchronize worked.

I've got a Timid five-way max on frame... 8122. o_O; I think I'd rather not.
~Uiru

Okay, I'm about to RNG my Raikou from the wi-fi event, I've never done wondercard IVs, can anyone give me a hand as to how I should go about this? I've learned how to breed for shinyness / IVs, and to catch as well, so I just need some basic advice.
Quoting this because I'll be in the exact same situation, but I just have a paranoid question : if I get the wondercard and the IVs arent correct, I can soft reset and the guy will still offer me the wondercard, right ?

Seems obvious but really I fear it might be lost :d

As long you dont save if you sr it will still be available

Basically if you understand how to hit seeds and frames its easy
Just find a seed with the desired iv, nature doesnt not matter
If dppt you will need a seed that have an odd frame

Hit your seed and advance you frame until its one before the target frame then accept the pokemon before an npc move

If an npc move then you frame will advance

Shii

zap
As far as I could tell, the encounter slots and whether you got a bite or not didn't seem to have any significance when fishing for Feebas.

If you are going for an even frame, and the spread occurs on an odd frame, you should give that one a try. It may not even be a Feebas, but you might be able to hit the frame. I think what I may have done is add +5 for the encounter instead of +4 and go for an odd frame. For some reason advancing by other ways than journal flips seems to screw things up.

All I remember is I tried all sorts of tricks to outsmart the trolling, and sometimes it worked :<
Well, I tried with a different spread on an even frame and the same thing happened so I'm just going to give up on it. :c

It's times like this when I wish I could abuse eggs. >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)