Fight like a man, man!

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
So yesterday, I had this awesome battle with my sun team vs. a sand team. My Ninetales actually managed to beat a choice band tyranitar one on one and lived with 9% of it's hp left, winning me the match. Unfortunately, when deciding to look through my logs to post a warstory of that match, I noticed that I did not save it. So I looked through my other logs for something else. Perhaps there was something else interesting out there? It turns out there was. I know most of you are sick of weather, so I'll avoid posting anything having to do with it (which is hard because every team is a sandstorm team).

The following match you may or may not enjoy. For me, this match caused naught but rage. Keep reading...and you shall see why.

My team:

Opponent's team:

Battle between alphatron and pokemonster121 started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +13, -18
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

pokemonster121 sent out Roobushin!
alphatron sent out Gallade!

100% vs.
100%

On the team preview, I pretend to lead with Cloyster in order to lure out the phasers and anti leads with priority. But since they take the bait, my real lead is often Gallade. Why Gallade? Because gamefreak did something right when it came to fighting type pokemon. Each one is different enough to warrant reasons for using it. In Gallade's case, he cripples other physical attackers with will-o-MISSwisp and proceeds to bulk up. Against roob, I resist drain punch (unlike the scrafty I was gonna use on this team instead) and can take some nuetral non STAB payback. Thanks to guts, I'm not gonna use will-o-wisp. So let's bulk things up.

Start of turn 1
Gallade used Bulk Up!
Gallade's Attack rose!
Gallade's Defense rose!

The foe's Roobushin used Payback!
Gallade lost 130 HP! (38% of its health)

Gallade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(pumpin' it up!) 68% vs.
(ending his debt troubles) 100%

Even after the bulk up, that still hurt didn't it? Well, if you saw the EV spread for my Gallant Blade, you'd see why. In any case, it's time to heal off that damage. Heal it off with what? An adamant drain punch of course! Coming off of base max Evs and base 125 attack, this is sure to hurt. My opponent doesn't have any ghosts on his team, so why not? And even if he did, I'm using Gallade. Gallade cares naught for ghost type pokemon.

Start of turn 2
pokemonster121 called Roobushin back!
pokemonster121 sent out Murkrow!

Gallade used Drain Punch!
The foe's Murkrow lost 64% of its health!
The foe's Murkrow had its energy drained!

(siphoning energy...with his FIST!) 94% vs.
(Dududoo!) 36%

Well, Roob ran away and my opponent switches to this little birdie. Previously, I had a battle with Texas Cloverleaf where one of these stalled out two of my team members, so I know perfectly well what its capable of. Since I didn't see any leftovers, I'm thinking it probably has an evo stone. And if that's the case, Gallade and his resisted shadow sneak won't be doing anything. On the bright side, niether will Murkrow.

Start of turn 3
alphatron called Gallade back!
alphatron sent out Xatu!

The foe's Murkrow used Confuse Ray!
The foe's Murkrow's Confuse Ray was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
The foe's Murkrow became confused!

100% vs.
(Ooudud!) 36%

Why carry an SR user when you can have the nice opponent set it up for you?. Wait, don't answer that. The absolute answer to any MH pokemon not named Thunderos or Tornados. I was expecting thunder wave, but this works too. This Xatu is famous for his good looks and bouncing hazards left and right. You can ask the enemy Tyranitar who switch into him and use Stealth rock anyway expecting a switch. My Xatu is bulky with dual screens, and what does a dual screener pokemon do? Well, it does barrel rolls. What do you think?

Start of turn 4
The foe's Murkrow is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Murkrow lost 7% of its health!

Xatu used Reflect!
Reflect raised alphatron's team defense!

(Constructing walls of energy) 100% vs.
(heard roost as "punch yourself in the face") 29%

Murkrow stayed in? Interesting, he probably thought I'd attack him and tried to roost. Well, sucks for him. The job of a dual screener is to set up screens at all costs and to ignore all other factors. Did a Zapdos just switch in on my Xatu? Who cares. Xatu is staying in and setting up the screen that he didn't set up (not really, but I'd like to think so).

Start of turn 5
The foe's Murkrow snapped out its confusion!
The foe's Murkrow used Roost!
The foe's Murkrow landed on the ground!
The foe's Murkrow regained health!

Xatu used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised alphatron's team special defense!

(Building a house made of bricks) 100% vs.
(But then, he got serious). 79%

Nothing special about this turn, but Xatu's job is complete. He is free to do as he wishes. Since Murkrow will switch, I can fire off a psychic at whatever comes in. I've got no special attack Evs, but damage is damage, right?

Start of turn 6
pokemonster121 called Murkrow back!
pokemonster121 sent out Mamoswine!

Xatu used Psychic!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 44% of its health!

(Is secretly a blue mage in mtg) 100% vs.
(A fan of the simic guild) 56%

I accurately predict the switch to mamoswine and hit it for a decent amount of damage. Actually, I'll be honest, I didn't predict anything. All I did was mash the button that said psychic while I sat in front of my friends t.v. and played Megaman and Bass. Unlike me, my opponent does not appreciate time wasted in battles getting nothing done. So instead of messing around with murkrow as I wasted pp, he switched to something that could easily kill off Xatu. Now it's my turn to flee.

Start of turn 7
alphatron called Xatu back!

The foe's Mamoswine used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Mamoswine missed!

(showcasing his quick skills) 100% vs.
(wishes he left some counter mana open) 56%

The main character of the game shows up, dual wielding in all his glory. Stone edge misses but I don't think too much of it. A resisted stone edge from mamo while I'm behind screens? Well, that thing is still pretty dangerous so I'm gonna use will-o-wisp now. Better to cripple it for the duration of the match than the simply trade blows.

Start of turn 8
pokemonster121 called Mamoswine back!
pokemonster121 sent out Weezing!

Gallade used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Weezing was burned!

The foe's Weezing is hurt by its burn!

(Is glad his mom is a ghost) 100% vs.
87%

...You know, in 4th generation, I've had this happen to me a lot; my opponent switches in a psychic weak pokemon into my psychic type. I've had breloom switch in on sunny day exeguttors, and machamps. And now its happening in a generation where people actually ARE carrying psychic moves. Well, I'm not a fan of psycho cut. Although these situations irk me, I'll have to switch out. I don't want Gallade getting burned, nor do I want any of my revealed team members getting burned either. Hmm...I wonder who I switch to?

Start of turn 9
alphatron called Gallade back!
alphatron sent out Xatu!

The foe's Weezing used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Weezing's Will-O-Wisp was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
The foe's Weezing is already burnt.

The foe's Weezing restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

(Max repel works like this) 100% vs.
(Tried to see how Gallade likes the heat. And failed) 81%

There is no other answer. Time for a psychic type pokemon who actually is carrying psychic type moves to take care of this thing if it stays in. It can't harm me at all. It can save me the trouble by putting itself out of its misery. It can use its burned body to explode while I hide behind screens. But my opponent is not so cruel to his pokemon.

Start of turn 10
Xatu used Psychic!
It's super effective!
The foe's Weezing lost 58% of its health!

The foe's Weezing used Fire Blast!
Xatu lost 53 HP! (15% of its health)

The foe's Weezing restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

85% vs.
17%

Start of turn 11
Xatu used Psychic!
It's super effective!
The foe's Weezing lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Weezing fainted!

Alphatron's reflect wore off!
pokemonster121 sent out Starmie!

(Psionic Blast!) 85% vs.
(fell to sickness) 0% and
100% (shows birds that they should fear fish)

The score is 6-5 and we're making some actual progress. I think I can put Megaman and Bass down now while I focus a bit more on the match. In comes a starmie to shoo away my Xatu. Instinctively, I switch to the only pokemon on my team who can take electric attacks without fear.

Start of turn 12
alphatron sent out Quagsire!

The foe's Starmie used Thunderbolt!
It had no effect!

Alphatron's light screen wore off!

100% (insuring the uninsured) vs.
(I've never understood how they use thunderbolt) 100%

A pretty bad time for light screen to go away since if his Starmie has a LO, he can get in some good hits with ice beam and su-Nah, he won't use surf. Afterall, quagsire has water absorb, right? Right? Yeah, of course he does. Not like he received any new abilities from dream world or anything, right? From team preview, I know that my opponent has a Nattorei/Ferrothorn. And what does he do whenever he sees a water/grass type pokemon? He switches in of course! Just this once, let's waste a turn doing nothing.

Start of turn 13
pokemonster121 called Starmie back!
pokemonster121 sent out Nattorei!

Quagsire used Toxic!
But it failed!

100% (A fan of standard Phyrexia) vs.
100% (Knows that infect is a lousy mechanic)

Sadly, while quagsire may not pay any attention to dragons dancing, construction workers bulking up, feathery dragons becoming one with their subconscious, and pixies plotting nastily, he can not ignore the reality of this cruel and unusual world of pokemon. I could have used waterfall, but iron barbs means that its going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts him. It's time to switch to Xatu, although I'm a little worried. My Xatu once got hit by a critical hit shadow claw on the way in once. Well...I'll switch in anyway. My opponent has seen him twice already, so he won't try to set up hazards. Let's hope he uses either gyro ball or power whip.

Start of turn 14
alphatron called Quagsire back!
alphatron sent out Xatu!

The foe's Nattorei used Gyro Ball!
Xatu lost 135 HP! (40% of its health)

45% (Ordered the sub, not the gyro) vs. 100%
(Don't worry. It's on the house)

Time to start counting. You've got eight balls Nattorei. Let's see if you've got what it takes to handle me with all of them (I swear, this sounded a lot less dirty before I proofread this). Oh hey, my screens are down.

Start of turn 15
Xatu used Reflect!

Xatu lost 76 HP! (22% of its health)

23% vs.
100%

Hey guys, have you ever watched Sesame Street when you were a kid? Remember the Count? He's decided to guest star in this warstory to show us how many gyro balls it takes to kill a Xatu. He shall count them! Ready? One!

Start of turn 16
Xatu used Roost!
Xatu landed on the ground!
Xatu regained health!

Xatu lost 70 HP! (20% of its health)

53% vs.
100%

Two!

Start of turn 17
Xatu used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised alphatron's team special defense!

The foe's Nattorei used Power Whip!
It's not very effective...
Xatu lost 33 HP! (9% of its health)

44% vs.
100%

Thr-Hey! Be a sport! Although it's good to see that my opponent is wising up and won't waste all of his pp on me. Personally, for Quagsire's sake, I don't mind if he uses up all eight of his power whips either.

Start of turn 18
Xatu used Roost!
Xatu regained health!

Xatu lost 64 HP! (19% of its health)

75% vs.
(see above)

Still launching futile attempts? Well then, this gives me an opportunity to set up with the main star of my team. The pokemon whom you are about to see is severely underrated. For me, it has been able to rip through EVERY TEAM sandstorm teams on multiple occasions. Of course, it wouldn't have been able to do so without Xatu. Enough chit chat, without further ado...

Start of turn 19
alphatron sent out Shinboraa!

Shinboraa lost 94 HP! (27% of its health)

Shinboraa's Flame Orb activated!
Shinboraa was burned!

73% (His sprite? I dunno. It uploaded like this...) vs.
100%

Was that anticlimactic? It probably was. But that doesn't change the fact that this thing is going to put my opponent on a six turn clock. All users of shinpora/sygliyph know what I am about to do. You may also be wondering how I take care of Tyranitar and other dark types with this thing? So am I, to be honest.

Start of turn 20
Shinboraa used Cosmic Power!
Shinboraa's Defense rose!
Shinboraa's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
Shinboraa was seeded!

73% (Only sticks and stones can break his bones) vs.
100% (Wields niether sticks nor stones)

My opponent misplays, which I'm willing to let slide since many people forget about the abilities of unpopular pokemon. I hope Natt sticks around to set up hazards though. It will let allow me to fortify my defenses and boosts even further. After reaching that desirable +6/+6 I'll rip through everything with assist power. And maybe I'll psycho shift the burn over to some other pokemon who may be a bother to me. Ah! So that's how I beat the dark types...

Start of turn 21
pokemonster121 called Nattorei back!
pokemonster121 sent out Mamoswine!

Shinboraa used Cosmic Power!
Shinboraa's Defense rose!
Shinboraa's Sp. Def. Rose!

73% (Obtaining the power of the cosmos) vs.
56% (screw the cosmos. Land is where it's at)

I'm at +2 defense now and I'm behind screens. Stone edge from mamoswine is going to look pathetic. In return for the rocks I got for halloween, I'll burn this thing and keep boosting up in its face. Looking back though, I should have just switched Shinpora out. Always switch out. Pokemon aren't allowed to defensively boost behind screens. It's against the law.

Start of turn 22
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Shinboraa lost 254 HP! (72% of its health)
Shinboraa fainted!
The foe's Mamoswine is hurt by its Life Orb!

0%(Ah! NOW I know why his sprite looks like that...) and
100% (here I come to save the day!) vs.
46% (polishing his targeting reticule)

And that's why. In this particular match, I didn't care too much. I mean, stone edge has a high chance to crit, right? And besides, these things happen. It's all just part of the game. Deal with it. Too bad I've lost more matches to my shinpora being critted more times than I've won. Time to add mamo to the list of pokemon who've defeated Shinpora with a critical hit. For anyone who wants to know that list consists of the following: Roserade, Latias, Heatran, Excadrill, Thunderos, Zapdos, Venusaur, Ninetales (Et tu Brute?), Hydriegon, Tyranitar, Gliscor, Latios (this one was funny. My opponent called ME lucky! Apparently his reasoning was because he didn't score a critical hit on me in the ten turns or so before that), and Volcorona. Yes, these guys are all from logs I started to save eventually when it kept occuring. Anyway, on with match.

Despite reflect being gone (at the worst possible time), I switched in Gallade in hopes of scaring mamoswine out. I really wished I had burned it earlier. Or just now, but it refuses. My Gallade has max hp Evs, so it should hopefully live through Earthqauke and heal off the damage with a powerful drain punch.

Start of turn 23
The foe's Mamoswine used Earthquake!
Gallade lost 340 HP! (100% of its health)
Gallade fainted!

alphatron sent out Cloyster!

0% (But the hero didn't appear...) and
100% vs.
36% (Terra Stomper)

Nope, not today. I can place the blame on my terrible EV spreads, Gallade's awful base defense (he can take Specs draco meteors with just hp investment though), or the fact that Scrafty is now laughing at me. The tides have turned rather quickly. The score is now 4-5. To make up for my losses, I switch in Cloyster. Cloyster can take whatever hit that near death Mamoswine will dish out while it finishes him off. I can rely on Cloyster since it's strong enough to put on the hurt before I even use shell smash. The ability to live through a jolly balloon Dory EQ/Rock Slide even after stealth rock damage is appreicated. 2HKOing specially defensive Natt with a non shell smashed icicle spear is also appreicated. Life orb>focus sash. Let's use shell blade. It might miss and I should have stuck with Icicle spear. But for the first time this match, I want to see the “It's super effective!” message against the pokemon who has taken out two of my own. I deserve at least that much.

Start of turn 24
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 196 HP! (77% of its health)

Cloyster used Shell Blade!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Mamoswine lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Mamoswine fainted!
Cloyster is hurt by its Life Orb!

Alphatron's light screen wore off!

13% (Prolossus) vs.
0% (Regrets the mtg references)

Critical hit? Good job Cloyster. Even if it didn't matter, I feel a little better now. The score is even. With Starmie back in, it's time to switch out to Quagsire again.

Start of turn 25
alphatron called Cloyster back!

The foe's Starmie used Thunderbolt!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 26

Quagsire used Toxic!
But it failed!

You know, this all seems very familiar. As if the exact same turns happened earlier on in the game. Odd...

Start of turn 27
alphatron sent out Xatu!

Xatu lost 130 HP! (38% of its health)

37% vs.
(Yeah, still 100%)

Start of turn 28
Xatu used Roost!
Xatu regained health!

Xatu lost 147 HP! (44% of its health)

43% vs.
100%

Start of turn 29

Xatu used Reflect!

I'm sure that the switching on both sides are annoying us both. Well, I'm not going to stop now.

Start of turn 30

The foe's Starmie used Ice Beam!
Quagsire lost 89 HP! (22% of its health)

Quagsire restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

85% vs.
100% (Ice and Thunder!)

Meh. Toxic again. I will keep doing this until something other than Nattorei switches in.

Start of turn 31
Quagsire lost 84 HP! (21% of its health)

Quagsire used Toxic!
The foe's Starmie was poisoned!

The foe's Starmie is hurt by poison!

70% (Finally gets to fight Starmie) vs.
93% (Has suddenly gone ill)

Aaaaaaaaand Starmie stays in this time. Natural cure will mean that the poison won't matter though. Starmie can't do anything to me right now so I'll recover off the damage and start using stock pile. Not that it matters though. Natt will just force me out again.

Start of turn 32

Quagsire used Recover!
Quagsire regained health!

100% (He wouldn't spread sickness if he couldn't take care of himself) vs.
100% (Has returned home from a business trip)

Oho! Conckledurr shows up again! Well, Quagsire can manage him. Reflect is up as well to ensure that I do. Time to stockpile. I'll toxic him and activate his guts once I'm done with that.

Start of turn 33
Quagsire used Stockpile!
Quagsire stockpiled 1!
Quagsire's Defense rose!
Quagsire's Sp. Def. rose!

Quagsire lost 49 HP! (12% of its health)

94% (Gathering material in preparation for the economic crisis) vs.
100% (Forever in debt)

Uno!

Start of turn 34
Quagsire used Stockpile!
Quagsire stockpiled 2!
Quagsire's Defense rose!

The foe's Roobushin used Bulk Up!
The foe's Roobushin's Attack rose!
The foe's Roobushin's Defense rose!

100% vs.
100% (Goes to the gym to sit and chat)

Dos! Hey, has roobushin been working out lately? Are you sure? Really? Wow? Guess I just never noticed.

Start of turn 35
Quagsire used Toxic!
The foe's Roobushin was poisoned!

The foe's Roobushin used Drain Punch!
Quagsire lost 72 HP! (18% of its health)
Quagsire had its energy drained!

The foe's Roobushin is hurt by poison!

88% (Gets payed for this kind of work) vs.
93% (Has no money left to pay for medical expenses)

This somewhat worries me. Without reflect up, drain punch becomes a 2HKO. But I'm not gonna beat him just by using waterfall, so why not? Stockpile again for added survivability.

Start of turn 36
Quagsire used Stockpile!
Quagsire stockpiled 3!
Quagsire's Defense rose!

Quagsire lost 54 HP! (13% of its health)

81% (His house has started to cave in) vs.
(Having no money, he now resorts to blood donors to handle his illness)

We're maxed out. It is time to battle as men do. By riding up waterfalls head first into punches that drain your energy. Reflect is down, but I need not worry. Quagsire. You got this.

Start of turn 37
Quagsire used Waterfall!
The foe's Roobushin lost 20% of its health!

Quagsire lost 99 HP! (25% of its health)

The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

62% vs.
(Not sure what his percentage is. Sorry guys. Lost track when he drain punched me).

Take a break quagsire. Recover and continue to ride those falls. Up and up until you reach the sky, becoming a flying type pokemon.

Start of turn 38
pokemonster121 called Roobushin back!

Quagsire used Recover!

100% (Does not need doctors to handle himself) vs.
100% (Is going to make Quagsire wish otherwise)

At this point in the warstory, you readers are all aware of what it is that I am going to do now. If I made an actual comment, I'd just be repeating myself.

Start of turn 39
alphatron sent out Xatu!

Xatu lost 60 HP! (17% of its health)

26% vs.
(You guys should know this)

Start of turn 40
Xatu used Roost!
Xatu regained health!

Xatu lost 139 HP! (41% of its health)

35% vs.
100% maximum power

I stopped couting the gyro balls a while back. How many does this make?

Start of turn 41

Xatu used Roost!
Xatu regained health!

85% vs.
93%

Once again, you guys know what I'm going to do. No need to repeat myself.

Start of turn 42

Quagsire lost 93 HP! (23% of its health)

83% (confident that he won't catch a cold) vs.
93% (trying to break Quagsire's immune system)

Toxic again. What's that Starmie holding anyway, an expert belt?

Start of turn 43
The foe's Starmie used Hydro Pump!
Quagsire lost 163 HP! (41% of its health)

Quagsire used Toxic!
The foe's Starmie was poisoned!

48% (The pipes leak...) vs.
87% (Aims to drown...aims to kill)

My opponent must have realized when Roobushin was in against Quagsire, but no my Quagsire does not have water absorb. In fact, its ability is Unaware. I make a big deal of this because players tend to attempt boosts on Quagsire all the time. In any case, that Hydro Pump actually hurt. I'll just keep on using recover until it misses so I can get in a stockpile. Or it will crit me and I'll lose another pokemon. We'll see.

Start of turn 44
Quagsire lost 175 HP! (44% of its health)

Quagsire used Recover!

60% vs.
75%

Start of turn 45

Quagsire used Recover!

Quagsire @ 100% vs. Nattorei @ 100%

Oh, for crying out loud. This turn won't even get any pictures. Just keep moving along people...

Start of turn 46
alphatron sent out Xatu!

Xatu lost 135 HP! (40% of its health)

Xatu @ 45% vs. Nattorei @ 100%

Start of turn 47

Xatu used Roost!
Xatu regained health!

95% (predicts a healthy future) vs. Roobushin @ ??? (Does not have the budget to pay for his own percentage listings or his picture)

Hmm? Again, my opponent switches his fighting type into a psychic type. Sure, he's got payback, but I'm faster than him and he's been weakened significantly by poison and quagsire already. Psychic should finish this guy off once and for all. I hope so anyway. This game needs to go somewhere.

Start of turn 48
Xatu used Psychic!
It's super effective!
The foe's Roobushin lost 62% of its health!
The foe's Roobushin's Sp. Def. fell!

It's super effective!
Xatu lost 294 HP! (88% of its health)
Xatu fainted!

The foe's Roobushin fainted!
pokemonster121 sent out Murkrow!
alphatron sent out Swalot!

Xatu @ 0% and Swalot @ 100% vs. Roobushin 0% (Scoured up the money to pay at long last, but could not surpass the image limit) and Murkrow @ 79% (Ding dong, the witch is dead!)

Dear Stealth rock, I must apologize for all the miserable comments I made in 4th gen. Please come back so that we may net beautiful KOs together. Sincerely, Alphatron. Well, in comes Murkrow with a huge grin on his face, for he knows well that he now has value with Xatu being out of the picture. Swalot is my wall. Why Swalot? Because I like the stache. Or on a more serious note, because I needed something relatively decent and was out of ideas. Also because I'm not a huge fan of being tricked into holding a choice specs. It's kind of annoying. Annoying enough for me to feign liquid ooze over sticky hold at times.

Start of turn 49
The foe's Murkrow used Thunder Wave!
Swalot is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Swalot used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Murkrow lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Murkrow was frozen solid!

Swalot @ 100% (You paralyze me...) vs. Murkrow @ 44% (You freeze my soul...)

Hax Hax Hax! Those were shinpora's last words in the last ten or so battles. Let those words also be the last thing this frozen crow says to anyone

Start of turn 50
The foe's Murkrow is frozen solid!

Swalot used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Murkrow lost 35% of its health!

Swalot @ 100% vs. Murkrow @ 9%

Start of turn 51
The foe's Murkrow is frozen solid!

Swalot used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Murkrow lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Murkrow fainted!

Swalot @ 100% vs. Murkrow @ 0% and Starmie @ 75%

The score is now 2-2. Swalot faces off against Starmie. To ensure that I'll live for quite some time, I use Amnesia to net that SpD boost. I can't do much back to starmie as my only attacking moves are acid bomb and ice beam (he's a pretty situational wall). But damage is damage...

Start of turn 52
Swalot lost 181 HP! (44% of its health)

Swalot used Amnesia!
Swalot's Sp. Def. sharply rose!

Swalot restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Swalot @ 62% (Mr. forgetful) vs. Starmie @ 75%

That hurt pretty bad, but it won't hurt as much anymore. Time to use rest to heal myself. Hey, when your wall has no other reliable healing move, you do what you can.

Start of turn 53
A critical hit!
Swalot lost 248 HP! (61% of its health)
Swalot fainted!

Swalot @ 0% and Quagsire @ 100% vs. Starmie @ 75% (Analyzing opponent...Got him in my sights...)

Unlike with shinpora, I actually whine to my opponent this time around. If shinpora hadn't have been critted, this game would be over. But then I probably wouldn't have posted the warstory. In any case, it's Quagsire's time to shine. Maybe I can defense boost to stall out Natt's Power whips. Maybe I can add Lucky chant to Xatu's movepool. Maybe I should quit this defensive bulky boosting nonsense and just go back to playing sun teams where SD Lo Blaziken ohko's tentacruel with blaze kick. Enough of my whining! On with the match.

Start of turn 54

Quagsire used Waterfall!
The foe's Nattorei lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts Quagsire

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Quagsire 93% (Tries to fight the man) vs. Nattorei @ 99% (But the man keeps putting him down)

I use waterfall for once because I have nothing left to switch in to. Although maybe I should have just used Stockpile off the bat? In any case, I'll use it now.

Start of turn 55
Quagsire used Stockpile!
Quagsire stockpiled 1!
Quagsire's Defense rose!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Quagsire lost 369 HP! (93% of its health)
Quagsire fainted!

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
alphatron sent out Cloyster!

Quagsire @ 0% and Cloyster @ 13% (War's almost over, huh?) vs. Nattorei @ 100%

The score is 1-2. Hey, for all you stall players out there, I have a question. How do you put up with this without the rage? Sure, I probably would have been ohko'd by the power whip anyway, but cut me some slack.

In comes my final pokemon. My crippled pokemon. The pokemon who could have otherwise tanked a powerwhip but will be doing no such thing today. Time to take my shell off and receive my beatings like a real man. If this match has taught me anything, its that defensive boosting is frowned upon in pokemon. One should actually lower their defenses as to be rewarded. I will now do so and take my punishment with pride.

Start of turn 56
Cloyster used Shell Smash!
Cloyster's Defense fell!
Cloyster's Sp. Def. fell!
Cloyster's Attack sharply rose!
Cloyster's Sp. Att. sharply rose!
Cloyster's Speed sharply rose!

The attack of the foe's Nattorei missed!

Cloyster @ 13% (Is showing me how to finally play pokemon correctly) vs. Nattorei @ 100% (?! No, THIS CANNOT BE!)

….OHO! HO HO! I was right! Lowering ones defenses is the true means to victory! From now on, I will not be playing anything resembling stall! From now on, I shall be an advocate of the offense pokemon games want us to play! I don't have enough hp to kill two pokemon, but that Nattorei is going down at least. Hm...Maybe my opponent should have used stealth rock?

Start of turn 57
Cloyster used Icicle Spear!
The foe's Nattorei lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei fainted!
Hit 5 times!

Cloyster @ 3% (I'll only last ten more seconds!) vs. Nattorei @ 0% (YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME! I AM PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!) and Starmie @ 75%

Score is 1-1 and the final turn has come. If rock blast doesn't miss, I'll kill Starmie...and then the life orb damage will kill me. You know, I've never tied games in pokemon before. This really is a first for me. Well, at least it's better than losing. Go Cloyster! Do it for the team!

Start of turn 58
Cloyster used Rock Blast!
The foe's Starmie lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Starmie lost 28% of its health!
The foe's Starmie lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Starmie fainted!
Hit 3 times!
Cloyster fainted!

Cloyster @ 0% vs. Starmie @ 0%

Tie between alphatron and pokemonster121!

And so the match comes to a close. I don't have anything to say that I didn't already mention earlier except for one thing. I will attempt to deliver better warstories in the future. But certainly you see why the topic is named what it is? For now, here's the mvp of this...er...match.

On second thought, I've had enough to pictures for today. The MVP is Cloyster, I guess.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay that Shinbora sprite is going to give me nightmares. The battle was kinda meh with average comments but your team was actually kinda cool. (Props for using BU Gallade, its actually good in gen 5) The amount of hax you faced was unreal. That battle was definitely over the minute Shinbora setup 2 CP's.

I give this a 7.

Very nice war story with good commentaries. Also, I really liked that both of you used some not-so-used pokemons and made a nice battle out of it.

8/10, keep it up!

P.S: next time, put a props and slops section in the end, as they entertaining and nice for the readers!

I love your commentary, and you had a nicely dramatic battle with some interesting pokemon to boot. This is my idea of a worthwhile warstory.

well it's almost unbelievable...after the last shitty warstories the two last have been really good...your commentary also makes it really better...8.5/10

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Better than everything I've read in a long time, except Fisdunction's. Good job, 6.5/10 though, hax all over, commentary was good though, and neither you nor your opponent sucked.

This was a pretty meh battle but the warstory was frankly hilarious, as was your commentary. A very entertaining read for sure. I'm pretty sure you know about the many things I'd criticise, so ill just say that I hope you can find a good battle to warstory as I do like your writing style a lot - just try not to bombard us with rhetorical questions quite so much next time xD!

good warstory, i should perhaps commentate more like this and be more jokey over srs.
also, running semi-stall...yes, i hate crits too >.<

Good (and funny) commentary and excellent format. However, this battle was too haxxy (freeze, crits and CRITS) despite all these good predictions here and there. Sorry.

Format: A+
Battle: C+
Commentary: B
Overall: B-

EDIT: OK OK OK, Stone Edge is a CH move and I apologize for my bad judgement. I change the Battle Mark to B, therefore Overall Mark is B+.

Q: How does a Cloyster look after it's used Shell Smash?

A: A floating ball.

(i just asked that myself).

Anyway this warstory was great. Good balance between jokes and serious commentary, good battle(much better than most other warstories) Nice format.

8/10

Hey, that was nice. I really liked your team, comments, and presentation. Good job!

But I don't like how people cram their warstory with images only to hit the 100 image limit, and for the last 10 turns or so, their warstories consist of text only. It looks weird, and I'm sure there's no need to show us that Quagsire is facing Roobushin for 5 turns in a row. Still, i enjoyed this warstory.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
This warstory was actually pretty good. I loved how you used Pokemon that weren't standard and made an effective team out of it. The commentary was extremely entertaining; good job!

I have to say that i <3 Gallade =D it is one of my favs (apart from Darkrai of course *darkrai puts the gun away*) and the warstory itself was really entertaining (so much so that i forgot to do my course work D: )

First things first, you have good taste in Pokemon:

:-)

As far as the warstory itself, though, the tie was a bit anticlimactic. I would've picked a better battle to write about, as causing a tie due to Life Orb recoil isn't exactly epic. The comments under the sprites did make me laugh, though.

6.5/10, good formatting, but the battle was a bit lacking.

You're opponent sucked. Who the hell leaves a Ferrothorn on Xatu and lets Xatu set up screens while spamming Power Whip and Gyro Ball, which isn't even doing anything at all?

Q: How does a Cloyster look after it's used Shell Smash?

A: A floating ball.

(i just asked that myself).

Anyway this warstory was great. Good balance between jokes and serious commentary, good battle(much better than most other warstories) Nice format.

8/10
Now that i think about it a cloyster after shell smashing would look like a ghastly
They BOTH have the same face

Anyway it was really nice to see gallade and quagsire in this warstory

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that may have been the only battle I used Murkrow in. A very entertaining read, i hope to see more from you in the future.

great warstory, 8/10. why does that bad warstory someone posted a while ago have like 16 hearts while legitimately good ones like this dont have any?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)