Ground Pounders

Italics are edits to the team.

Hello, this is my 2nd RMT and it is a team I made somewhat recently (I have 50 or so games with it.)
I have realised in my games that I have been having trouble with a lot of Dragons and don't know how I change this most my loses are probably from a Salamence or Sazandora.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Nature:Naive
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion

Heatran is my main lead, I use him to set up stealth rocks as well as take out some other common leads.
Stealth Rocks gives me some extra damage to get in damage with my other pokemon.
Fire Blast is on the set as a Powerful Stab attack that I can use on Leads that pose no threats to Heatran himself.
Earthpower is mostly a move to counter Infernape allowing me to 2HKO (OHKO for the rare one without a Focus Sash...ok so that never actually happens.)
Expolsion gets me a kill when i'm sure I can't survive and NEED a kill.
Heatran also serves the purpose of an amazing switch in on fire attacks to make up for my 4 fire type weaknesses on the team.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset:
~Spikes
~Whirlwind
~Brave Bird
~Roost
Skarmory came in and made a big impact but not really for the reasons I put him in for, I put him is a wall that can set more entry hazards and stop fighting types from sweeping me, however he turned out to great to go to when I just want to cycle those entry hazards all day. As for his moveset Spikes is there for entry damage of course Whirlwind is so I can get rid of stat boosts on things that threaten me as well as get in extra damage for my sweepers or kill stuff Brave Bird allows me to kill fighting types and Roost lets me live FOREVER.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature:Adament
Ability:Technician
Evs:4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset
~ Bug Bite
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break
~ Roost

Probably one of the most potent sweepers even without help from the rest of the team, although it doesn't hurt have perma-priority from Speed Boost.
To look at his moves we'll start with Bug Bite, it allows me to kill the same thing X-Scissor does but also lets me kill things sometimes even when just hitting for nuetral damage.
Like REALLY a Technicain'd STAB move from scizor it really does a job on some people.
Bullet Punch pretty much has to be there another Tech and STAB although slightly weaker does allow me to take down the likes of opposing Tyranitar and random Ice types that take out half my team.
Brick Break is just for more coverage it allows me to take out walls like Blissey quicker before my opponent does something stupid with it.This use to just be Swords Dance but I couldn't really dance and not be countered in someway or just not kill the walls who would heal and make battles go on forever.
Rounding this set out is Roost which negates the damage I take from my Life Orb allowing my to take on as many pokemon as I want til they find a decent counter.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Sand Stream
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moveset
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake

Tyranitar I love this guy, taking out Flyers that threaten Breloom, killing Gyrados behind a sub etc. I can't say enough good things about him.
Stone Edge like i've been saying really does a number to Flying types its even better when I switch in and they are trying for that 2HKO thinking they'll outspeed me not realizing I have a scarf..
Crunch my ghost killer for the most part if I can't safely get to a bug but I get to this guy I'm more than happy I OHKO most any ghost i've faced.
Pursuit is pretty standard but I question how useful in all my matches I think they have only switched once into my Pursuit it's almost to the point i'm just crunching because I know they think i'm going for pursuit.
Earthquake allows me to take on fire types to further screen my team from them.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Nature: Adament
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moveset:
~ Ice Punch
~Thunder Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

This is my newest addition and in the 20ish games I have played he has probably swept 3 teams on his own. He takes out things I ussually only had Tyranitar for (Birds and Dragon/Flying types) giving me a lot more long game potential from lack of Sandstorm gradually hurting everything.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability:Poison Heal
Evs: 16 HP/ 252 Atk/ 240 Spe
Moveset
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Spore
~ Seed Bomb

This Breeloom has probably won me more games that I deserve. SubPunch takes out a lot of annoying walls. But the premier move in this set in Seed Bomb taking out the like of Swampert and his bulky water type friends.
Substitute helps me get off Focus Punch obviously but it also gives me a lot of saftey from OHKOs.
Focus Punch obviously a great move I use it a lot to take out walls like Forretress, Blissey, and Snorlax which can give me some issues if not handled promptly.
Spore..is spore it puts things to sleep and I proceed to sweep and make my opponents that aren't smart enough to realise I can only sleep one at a time and don't switch to concede and cry calling sleeper noob.
Now Seed Bomb my favorite move on this team. I have a lot of trouble with water types and this is my answer as well as taking out a lot of the same things I use like Tyranitar which as mentioned above can cause some trouble.

I know nothing of Generation 5 because most my experience is through the front pages which only have info from DP/P and the limited gen 5 stuff i know are usually things that beat me before I knew what they even were...

Thank you guys for reading this and for all your suggestions and creative critisim

2/15/2011 EDIT: I have changed the teamed from some suggestions in thread after some testing I realised I liked it but I got rid of Metagross for Electivire (see Above) and Put a Ballon on Heatran current issue...fighting types. I cannot take on a Machamp to save my life now that Zen Headbutt is gone.
2/16/2011 EDIT: Skarmory added Fighting-types no problems, I only have to find a way to get around the likes of Gliscor and the like (Ground/Flyers) and I think the team is perfect.

Members Gone:

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake
~ Explosion
~ Zen Headbutt

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Nature:Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk/ 108 Def/ 176 Spe
Ability:Speed Boost
Moveset
~ Baton Pass
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ X-Scissor

Have you ever tried stone edge on Breloom over seed bomb? It has played well for me. Having double stab moves is nice though.

You're lacking an ice attack which is going to give you trouble with dragons. Maybe you should replace gross with electivire running ice punch and two or three other coverage moves. Gross seems kind of redundant anyway since you have a scarfed ttar with earthquake and stone edge, which is the rock type equivalent of meteor mash (with a little less accuracy). That also gives you an electric type attack which is also pretty important. However, flygon will hit electivire with STAB earthquake pretty hard. Maybe machamp would be a better option. Either way, I think you should replace metagross with something that can get off a good ice attack.

@Chaos Angel: That doesn't solve his Fire weakness.

As for me, I would just recommend running Balloon over Shuca Berry on Heatran. This means that you have a full immunity to Ground attacks instead of a 2x weakness on the first hit. That can majorly screw up all Choiced Pokémon.

@Chaos Angel: That doesn't solve his Fire weakness.

As for me, I would just recommend running Balloon over Shuca Berry on Heatran. This means that you have a full immunity to Ground attacks instead of a 2x weakness on the first hit. That can majorly screw up all Choiced Pokémon.
I think we are assuming this is a 4th gen team.

I have realised in my games that I have been having trouble with a lot of Dragons and don't know how I change this most my loses are probably from a Salamence or Sazandora.
=4th gen????

Thank you everyone for your replies I didn't even know that item existed >.> I will give all suggestions a try and if I like them or find them useful will edit the OP

Have you ever tried stone edge on Breloom over seed bomb? It has played well for me. Having double stab moves is nice though.
Never tried because I picked Breloom for Seed Bomb as a way to take out bulky water types.

Nice team but what do you do against Doryuuzu/Landlos, it has a chance to set up on your Tyranitar and Metagross, then proceed to sweep. You don't need Ninjask on this team (or any team you ever build) so I suggest replacing that. I think a Bronzong would work in its place, it can counter the threats I've stated and also help you vs Sazandora/Salamence. Here's the set

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed (0 Speed IV)
Levitate
244 HP / 84 Atk / 180 Def

-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-HP Ice
-Stealth Rock / Trick Room / Reflect / Light Screen

The Ev's are sorta random, but they work. 244 HP gives you a leftovers number, 84 Atk is what the gen 4 Bronzong had in attack and the rest is stuffed in defense to take hits better. The first two moves are Standard on any Bronzong and hit alot of foes. HP Ice will hit anything 4x weak (Dragons/Gliscor/Landlos) for a 2HKO even though its uninvested. The last move is filler, I use Stealth Rock in that spot, but since another member has that already just pick what you like most.

The last thing I want to point out is that Explosion has ben nerfed so it's no longer viable on Heatran, I would suggest a coverage move on him (HP Ice/Dragon Pulse).

Good Luck

Personally, I think Ninjask may not be the best on the block, but if you're playing Machamp over BandGross it might be worth a spot. But the one thing I fail to understand is why you would have Ninjask - whatever your team - without a spinner. My instant suggestion would be to remove either Metagross (or Machamp) or Scizor for Forretress. Thanks to enormous defenses Forretress can switch in on a number of attacks, although I would suggest you replace Scizor so as not to make your fire weakness worse. Otherwise losing half your health to SR ontop of Sandstorm/Substitute damage means Ninjask isn't likely to come in more than once without dying.

Is this really a Dreamworld team?

If you want to go on a sweep with Scizor this Gen I've heard good things about this set:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
Evs:252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Moveset
~ Bug Bite
~ Bullet Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost

I like most of what's in the team but the problem is, I like it last Gen more than I do this Gen (minus 'Vire). I'm not sure you have much of Gen 5 covered. In particular, the new breed of Revenge killers in Genosect, Sazandora etc have your team more or less covered.

Sorry i can't be particularly helpful.

Heatran can rip right through your entire team.
I'm not good at rating teams at all, but just by looking at your team I can tell you need to fix this problem.

I also think you should replace the Life Orb on Scizor with something else, so people assume you have a Choice Band, then you can KO the Pokemon they sent out.

Is this really a Dreamworld team?

If you want to go on a sweep with Scizor this Gen I've heard good things about this set:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature:Adamant
Evs:252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Moveset
~ Bug Bite
~ Bullet Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Roost

I like most of what's in the team but the problem is, I like it last Gen more than I do this Gen (minus 'Vire). I'm not sure you have much of Gen 5 covered. In particular, the new breed of Revenge killers in Genosect, Sazandora etc have your team more or less covered.

Sorry i can't be particularly helpful.
To be honest I came in to the competitive scene right as spoilers of 5th GEN was coming out and besides playing B/W as mentioned in my first post I don't know much of the 5th gen besides that from what i have encountered testing the team...which seems to be some ground/flying genie looking thinks some dark/fighting lizard w/e and Doryuzu or however you spell it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)