5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ah, I see. I misunderstood :P Thanks for clearing that up!

So, how fast is it to advance your frame this gen? I have problems keeping track of big numbers, so I hope that's not a problem.
Saving the game once advances the PID frame by 1. Walking around 17 steps advances the PID frame by 1. Walking 128 steps with X amount of Pokémon in your party advances the IV frame by X.

Not very fast. This is why ID/SID abuse is discussed, so you don't have to do too many advancements to get a shiny PID on your non-C-Gear seed. But just because you didn't abuse an ID/SID doesn't mean you can't get flawless shinies. It just takes longer. A lot longer. And abusing an ID/SID is ridiculously easy from what I've heard.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
We've seen this. It means it will definitely be possible to get a shiny roamer easily with ID\SID manipulation.
Dang. I didn't really have any way to check the PID I was getting, and this was before 9.X beta so I couldn't have checked anyway. I don't know for sure, but I "assume" that saving was advancing the PID by 1 like most everywhere else. If it wasn't by 1, it sure seemed like it was something consistent because several times I would go back and repeat the same number of saves before generating Tornelos, and pretty much every time I would get the same nature for that amount of saves.
Abusing your ID/SID would just make the PID that's shiny be on an earlier frame so you can get it without advancing some 17,000 times.
lol, that's reason enough for me! Especially because theoretically all you'd have to do is start on a given date/time to the second.

so um can i abuse my ID/SID at the begining of the game so that i can get a shiny starter with a good nature.if so is there a quick guide .please help.

so um can i abuse my ID/SID at the begining of the game so that i can get a shiny starter with a good nature.if so is there a quick guide .please help.
Many people, like you, need to learn to search for things yourself a bit. There is a RNG research thread that has many helpful pieces of information in it. So to start, as this thread has answered numerous times now...yes you can abuse your ID/SID to obtain shiny starters with a good nature. Is there a quick guide....why yes there is!! You can thank Kaphotics and Bond for that.

(...) Walking around 17 steps advances the PID frame by 1. (...)
I'm confused as to what "around" means in this case. Is it just walking around
17 steps that advances your PID frame by 1, or is "around" used here as an
alternative word for approximately?
In other words, does the PID frame advance by one every 17 steps exactly,
or is that advancement inconsistent in some way?
I ask because walking a set number of steps seems easier for RNG'ing Starters
(with good IV's on frame one) than saving the game ~200 times.
Oh, and does turning and walking both count as a "step"? Or is it just walking?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm confused as to what "around" means in this case. Is it just walking around
17 steps that advances your PID frame by 1, or is "around" used here as an
alternative word for approximately?
In other words, does the PID frame advance by one every 17 steps exactly,
or is that advancement inconsistent in some way?
I ask because walking a set number of steps seems easier for RNG'ing Starters
(with good IV's on frame one) than saving the game ~200 times.
Oh, and does turning and walking both count as a "step"? Or is it just walking?
Good questions.

If you walk 17 steps (turning does NOT count), the PIDRNG will advance by exactly 1 each time.

In reklaw_vahn's experience, he says 18 steps, but we just be counting steps differently.

Good questions.

If you walk 17 steps (turning does NOT count), the PIDRNG will advance by exactly 1 each time.

In reklaw_vahn's experience, he says 18 steps, but we just be counting steps differently.
Ok i understand all this but would that mean walking around 17 steps on any area? such as caves or ocean or grass, and it advances by one every time?

Good questions.

I think he means in the plain areas. Walking in the grass/cave advances it 2-4. (From my experience.)
Hm... it seems like advancing both frames just by walking in areas with wild Pokémon is a pretty difficult task this time.
After all, you have to take the 17-steps advancement of the PIDRNG into account along with the 1 x #ofPokémoninParty per 128 steps advancement of the IVRNG... Oh well, I guess we have sweet scent and saving.

Hm... it seems like advancing both frames just by walking in areas with wild Pokémon is a pretty difficult task this time.
After all, you have to take the 17-steps advancement of the PIDRNG into account along with the 1 x #ofPokémoninParty per 128 steps advancement of the IVRNG... Oh well, I guess we have sweet scent and saving.
PID prediction isn't perfected nearly enough for you to even care about that, unless you're using an emulator or flashcart, in which case you could watch the PID RNG in the RAM or using AR codes. When you start up the game, the PID RNG advances some 30-80 times from the initial seed. It's currently unknown how the game determines this.

When abusing on DS for non-C-Gear, basically, you'll do your IV advancements, then catch the Poke/collect the egg and see if it's the nature and ability you want. If not, you'll just hit your non-C-Gear seed again (very easy), do your IV advancements, then save once to advance the PID RNG. If that doesn't get you what you want, you hit the seed again, do advancements, and save twice, and so on.

And the only reason you'd use walking 17 steps is for abusing Wondercards, as they get their IVs from the PIDRNG. If you're walking 17 steps to advance the PIDRNG, you'll most likely advance the IV RNG and screw up your results.

Saving the game once advances the PID frame by 1. Walking around 17 steps advances the PID frame by 1. Walking 128 steps with X amount of Pokémon in your party advances the IV frame by X.

Not very fast. This is why ID/SID abuse is discussed, so you don't have to do too many advancements to get a shiny PID on your non-C-Gear seed. But just because you didn't abuse an ID/SID doesn't mean you can't get flawless shinies. It just takes longer. A lot longer. And abusing an ID/SID is ridiculously easy from what I've heard.
Dang. I didn't really have any way to check the PID I was getting, and this was before 9.X beta so I couldn't have checked anyway. I don't know for sure, but I "assume" that saving was advancing the PID by 1 like most everywhere else. If it wasn't by 1, it sure seemed like it was something consistent because several times I would go back and repeat the same number of saves before generating Tornelos, and pretty much every time I would get the same nature for that amount of saves.

lol, that's reason enough for me! Especially because theoretically all you'd have to do is start on a given date/time to the second.
Mhm. So, ID/SID Abusing = Easy + Less frames. That's what I'll do then :] Thank you!

So, by about how much will the frame be reduced? Will it be as low as 4, or no? I'm assuming no.

Hua! From the research thread!

Testing in Desmume shows that you only need to hold down A when turning on the game to get the second set of seeds. Gonna implement in RNG Reporter in a bit.

EDIT: oh wow, I got a third set of seeds just by holding down B at the start.

EDIT #2: So it looks like the encryption also depends on which button(s) you are holding down at the start of the game.

2FFF = No button
2FFE = A
2FFD = B

2FF7 = Start, Down
2FFB = Select, Up

2FDF = Left
2FEF = Right

2EFF = R
2DFF = L
2BFF = X
27FF = Y

Apparently the effects of buttons also stack, too. But only up to two buttons; if you add a third it reverts to 2FFF.

2FFC = A + B
2BFE = A + X
2FF3 = Start + Select

While, on one hand, this is pretty awesome since it gives us WAY more seeds we can hit, on the other hand I don't quite understand how it works. Does that mean if I mash A to skip the intro cutscene after I soft-reset, it affects my seed? And when exactly do I have to press the button and do I have to hold it or just briefly press it?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does that mean if I mash A to skip the intro cutscene after I soft-reset, it affects my seed? And when exactly do I have to press the button and do I have to hold it or just briefly press it?
The seed is set between the time you turn the game on and the time you see the initial "The Pokemon Company" logo. Any time after that and the buttons don't affect your seed.

Just to be sure: when you're talking about a DSmume, you're talking about a fat first generation DS ?
Excuse me for that question but being french I cannot be sure ^^".

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just to be sure: when you're talking about a DSmume, you're talking about a fat first generation DS ?
Excuse me for that question but being french I cannot be sure ^^".
No lol, Desmume is a Nintendo DS emulator that allows you to create save states and look at the memory so you can see seeds.

Grrr. I'll post this question here because it's too mechanics-specific for the
Simple Questions-Thread, I think.

We found out earlier that the ability of a Pokémon from Gen 4 might change
upon evolution in Gen 5 because the ability is no longer determined by the PID.

Does that apply for trades from Black to White or vice versa as well? If
somebody breeds a Regeneration Kojofu for me and hatches it on his game
before trading it to mine, can his ability change to Inner Focus upon
evolution in my game? :(

Red

Question... Does anyone know a Good Naive HP Fire Catch synch seed?
I cannot seem to find one... -_-"

Question... Does anyone know a Good Naive HP Fire Catch synch seed?
I cannot seem to find one... -_-"
You will get no where with this question. Even if someone answers you, the seed they give will be specific to their game...unless you are using the exact same emulator...Either way, use RNGreporter 9 yourself to find a seed. If you don't have that, then wait for it.

Red

You will get no where with this question. Even if someone answers you, the seed they give will be specific to their game...unless you are using the exact same emulator...Either way, use RNGreporter 9 yourself to find a seed. If you don't have that, then wait for it.
Wow. Now I feel like an idiot...
Thanks though.

Don't know if it's Ok to ask this, but...

I'm thinking of RNG IV into my DW Bulbasaur in the High Link Forest, trying to get a Bulbasaur with 30 and above in everything except Attack. My target seed is 068D0767 (all 31 with attack 29; HP Dark 68). Delay=65. Frame=912. My MAC address is 87071B. Since I'm still new to the whole concept of RNG, I don't really know how to verify the seed I get (I don't even know how to use the timer, seriously...Don't know if that's the cause of the problem, since I just use random stopwatch to time my delay...kinda doubt it though...>_>")

So, I went in, get that C.Gear seed (presumingly...since I don't know how to verify that it's the right seed for sure... ._."). I caught the first pokemon via Sweet Scent, but this is the IV that I got: 13/28/16/2/9/27. When I try to put that into search IV, put Delay as +/- 999, Second as +/- 9, and still can't seem to find any IV that match with the IV of that pokemon. Anyone know what the problem is? >_>"

Also, I just want to ask, but do going into High Link or using Game Sync alter the frame? We can RNG with DW pokemon in the forest, right? >_>"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)