Favorite On-Going Anime

My first topic. Hope its good.
So whats youre favorite On-Going anime or All time Fav?
Im really liking FairyTail atm. Great battles and really good humor.
Its not youre typical anime. Other animes are bland and have similar feelings to them. IMO FairyTail delivers what other animes dont. Wizards are something new other than your typical ninja or sword wielder.

Anime is a little limiting...I tend to stick to manga because the stories are more fleshed out and engaging =/ Fairy Tail is alright in manga form (not sure about Anime). Gotta say the only Anime's I've liked were Death Note, Code Geass, and FMA: Brotherhood (which 2/3 were stapled to the manga and the other didn't have one).

My favorite animes are Fullmetal Alchemist and Afro Samurai, does it really matter if they're ongoing or not?

But just for some general tips, you might want to add some pizzazz to the first post. A picture could work or at least talk about your topic more than just 6 words to describe how good it is

My favorite animes are Fullmetal Alchemist and Afro Samurai, does it really matter if they're ongoing or not?

But just for some general tips, you might want to add some pizzazz to the first post. A picture could work or at least talk about your topic more than just 6 words to describe how good it is
Tip taken. thanks.

Looks much better. But wow that artwork is strikingly similar to One Piece, is there any reason for that?

Oh and some of my other anime favorites are One Piece (naturally), Ruroni Kenshin, and Yu-Yu Hakusho

Im in love with One Piece. But the pic had nothing to do with it. Other than FairyTail, s-CRY-ed, Blood+ Soul Eater, and hell yes Yu-Yu Hakusho. i rememeber ditching baseball practice just to see Yu-Yu Hakusho.

Looks much better. But wow that artwork is strikingly similar to One Piece, is there any reason for that?

Oh and some of my other anime favorites are One Piece (naturally), Ruroni Kenshin, and Yu-Yu Hakusho
Same artist between the series, as was for Rave Master as well

All time favorite would be Cowboy Bebop. Great story, action, characters, and a great dub (I tend to always stick with subs). This is the one anime that I'll give to people who've never watched any or don't like it, as it's so much more easy to get into, but still gives a good jumping point.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying Bakuman, even though I'm up to date on the manga as well, the anime is really well paced and just as entertaining to watch. It's one series that's better as an anime than a manga, probably 'cause so much dialogue is stuffed into each chapter it's not being stretched out for screen time (though I guess they aren't far yet). The only thing that doesn't transfer as well is the gag art, but that's fine of course!

And I guess I should mention every Studio Ghibli movie as none of them fail to disappoint me (Ponyo was so beautiful that it made up for any other shortcomings).

Yeah, Bakuman is awesome.

Does Angel Beats still count as ongoing? There's a new episode coming out in the DVD release...anyway, an array of interesting (and hot) (of both genders >_>) characters (including a Tomoya expy!), cool action scenes, TK dancing, tear jerkers, and really pretty opening and ending themes make it pretty damn good imo.

I'm a sucker for Key works.

Hmm, where to start... Off the top of my head:

Beelzebub - If you like comedy i.e. GTO then this is a must watch, read manga if possible, but definitely watch it, it's quite recent and one of my favourites atm.

The World God Only Knows - This is a really cool series, it's comedy-romance and the manga is quite well received. So check it out, if you will:

This'll have to do for now, I'll update later if I get the time.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the fight scenes and animation for Naruto Shippuden. Dub still sucks, of course, so I'm sticking to the original Japanese.

Same goes for Bleach. It may just be because of the soundtrack but some of the fight scenes are much better than in the manga due to the increased feeling of intensity. Filler sucks though.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the only dubbed anime that I really like. It remains very true to the manga, and apart from Edward the voice acting is superb. Got to say though, it takes some adjustment to hearing a ten-year old's voice for Alphonse when I had been imagining the type of gruff voice you'd expect while reading the manga.

Should I rename this to the One Piece thread and delete the off-topic posts?
One Piece is my favorite~

I continue to watch Bleach because I'm a masochist. It's pretty horrible at this point IMO :x

Starting to watch Cowboy Bebop at a friend's recommendation, loving it so far.

Despite the very childish theme, I got hooked on Japanese English-subtitled Cardcaptors. Obviously it hasn't really kept going. Chrno Crusade is pretty damn awesome. I wish they'd make a +Anima anime...

Ongoing anime are the worst. All the good classics I believe stay at roughly 25ish episodes or less. All the anime that I've seen that are ongoing and branching to 300+ episodes have been bad.
I hate Naruto. I hate Bleach. I hate One Piece.
Their art styles/colouring and how they adapt mood and atmosphere irks me. I never take an episode seriously.
But that's just my 2 cents.

My all time fav probably be Cowboy Bebop as mentioned before.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well since the thread says ongoing series...

Star Driver: "Fabulous". Very similar to Revolutionary Girl Utena and made by the staff that did Ouran High School Host Club (Two of my all time favorites by the way).

Gosick: Mainly decided to watch it because I am into the mystery genre, though it feels decidedly more shounen since the main character seemingly has the power to solve mysteries in a matter of seconds. Still a fairly enjoyable show so far though.

Fractale: Most interesting show of the season in my opinion, though only a few episodes are out. Sort of fantasy sci-fi but it actually has a similar feel to a Miyazaki film.

Also, though technically not ongoing, I have recently watched the first 5 Kara no Kyoukai films, and I must say movie 5 is a masterpiece (with the other 4 doing a very good job building up to it).

As far as future stuff, I am most eagerly anticipating the second season of Kaiji.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
One Piece, of course.

Madoka is pretty good as well, as far as things that have just recently started airing go. Giving me some strong Nanoha/Mai-HiME vibes.

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Afro Samurai

Those are the ones I grew up with, absolutely my favorites.
Other than that, one's that I've seen more recently and enjoyed are:
Samurai 7
Moribito
and Mushi-Shi, which is fantastic.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I love me some good anime so i'll just name some of my favorites off MAL.

Nodame Cantabile: One of the most complete shows I have watched, it definitely keeps you interested, but has that classic feel as well. Despite the description, it can be very humorous at times and other times very serious. It's a must watch for anyone who appreciated anime.

Great Teacher Onizuka: Another classic, it deals with real issues in a humorous way as well as show the imperfections of people. It does a great job making you laugh and Onizuka is just hilarious in general.

and last but not least!!

Black Lagoon: Revy. Is. Amazing. However the stories that they include in this are very well done, the sequal is good but the first one just captures you better in my mind. However you get to see Revy unleash a lot of hell in the second one which was a treat.

Well Firestorm no one understands what "ongoing" means and the author also fucked it up by bringing up ongoing then asking about favorite, so you would pretty much have to kill the whole topic at this point. Also who can help that One Piece (as bad as it has become) is the only decent ongoing anime...the only good anime that exist do not go 300 episodes, after all.

Also who can help that One Piece (as bad as it has become) is the only decent ongoing anime
What do you mean by 'as bad as it has become'? Personally I think One piece is gradually becoming better and better, the first arcs were simply horrid when compared to the recent arcs.

Though i've only read the manga, so it could be different in the anime.

I mean that they butchered the animation and dragged out every manga chapter to a ridiculous extreme. Granted that means I am not current - I stopped watching at somewhere between 430-440 since it had become completely mediocre garbage, so hey maybe they stopped making it so bad.

I mean that first they butchered the animation and dragged out every manga chapter to a ridiculous extreme. Granted that means I am not current - I stopped watching at somewhere between 430-440 since it had become completely mediocre garbage, so hey maybe they stopped making it so bad.
It's still pretty bad, though last few episodes are much better (in terms of animation).

Cool "ontopic" I recently watched Shiki a few nights ago, it looked interesting but I only seen 2 episodes.

favorite ofc is One Piece tho I haven't kept up with the anime recently.

I know it's "cool" to hate on Naruto or whatever, but it's really the only manga that has kept me interested enough to read weekly. I kept up with Bleach until about 4 months ago when I really couldn't take it anymore, and I started OP last year but could never get through it all (I plan on starting again soon though). That's it for my list of "on-going" anime (manga). I've watched a lot more completed animes than I probably ever should have... but oh well, I enjoy it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)