Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
See this post.

Diabolico is being put back on the trading blacklist.

He conducted a trade earlier with Bond697 in which Bond traded him a DW Speed Boost Torchic. Diabolico had informed him that he was using a real cartridge, which was a lie. That's not a blacklistable offense by itself, but Diabolico then opened up the Torchic's .pkm file in Pokesav or some other Pokemon editing program, which resulted in the Torchic's name and met location data being garbled.

Code:
Bond's Torchic name data: アチャモ\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000\0000\FFFF
Diabolico's copy data:    アチャモ\FFFFFFF\0000\0000\0000

Bond's Torchic met location: High Link Forest
Diabolico's met data: ----------
He then started trading around this hacked Torchic.

Diabolico may not have edited the Torchic to change the nature\IVs, but the blacklist exists to show who can and cannot be trusted to trade legit Pokemon. Diabolico has shown he cannot be trusted to do so (this being his second time on the blacklist).

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We're discussing about this on IRC now. I don't believe Diabolico is capable of doing such, and is now under investigation.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Diabolico has been removed from the blacklist, as it cannot be conclusively proved he was the one responsible for hacking the Torchic.

However, we are making an addition to the Wi-Fi rules:

If you clone your Pokemon, you are required to list the cloning method (i.e. AR code, restoring saves on a flash cart, Pokesav, etc.) in the Pokémon's description. If someone else cloned for you, you are required to list that person and their cloning method.

All of you have one month to get your trade threads in order.

Would listing that AR and Pokésav are used for cloning in the general information section be sufficient, which I'm already doing at the moment. Or should it be listed for each Pokémon separately?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Would listing that AR and Pokésav are used for cloning in the general information section be sufficient, which I'm already doing at the moment. Or should it be listed for each Pokémon separately?
List it separately. When it's not listed in the description people tend to redis them without this extra info.

One of the reason I never owned an AR is because I never wanted to be accused of anything. So would this still apply to someone who GTS Clones?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
One of the reason I never owned an AR is because I never wanted to be accused of anything. So would this still apply to someone who GTS Clones?
Yes.

Cloning is the cornerstone of the Wi-Fi trading business, I'm surprised we didn't think to do this sooner.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Just so I understand correctly, the problem was that this mon was opened in some pokemoneditingprogram to clone, and in the process "got messed up" correct? It's not specifically that cloning with ARs is messing up mons, but that we just need to know who's using what method, right?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Just so I understand correctly, the problem was that this mon was opened in some pokemoneditingprogram to clone, and in the process "got messed up" correct? It's not specifically that cloning with ARs is messing up mons, but that we just need to know who's using what method, right?
And who's doing the cloning, so that if one of the cloners are blacklisted for hacking, we know what is suspect.

@Everyone - I'm sorry about the torchic, everybody. I just wish I can rng abuse my own dream world and 5th gen. pokemon instead of relying on people to do it for me. :(

So do the people who get their pokemon cloned by others have to list all those people?

In my AR Codes i use i have cloning listed is that sufficient

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Folks, we have another candidate that's trying to be moved off the blacklist and at least down to probation. While we've had successful candidates in the past, I'd like to hear from you about the following:

FC: 0818 8851 7869
Babismanias: redistributing other pokemon without permission

Since the pokemon in concern originally involved a cresselia, I asked the individual to RNG a similar cresselia, but here were the results of that one:

Bold Cresselia: 0/8/29/28/3/17 (shiny)
Ability: Levitate
OT: FLOR
ID: 46223
Mar. 31, 2051
Route 202
Met at Lv. 50

Here at smogon we strive for perfection. After all, this is a competitive pokemon forum, and with this day and age of RNG and resources I expected better, so as an alternative, I suggestion RNG catching azelf in a great ball which I know is frustratingly challenging. Here's what we got:

Modest azelf: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Jan. 11, 2014
Valor Cavern
Met at Lv. 50
caught in Ultra Ball

I know I can be a pain in the ass, but while ultra ball is a bit less than desired compared to a great ball for azelf, I recommended to RNG uxie in any ball, so here's the result:

Timid uxie: 11/7/31/31/31/31
Feb. 26, 2005
Acuity Cavern
Met at Lv. 50
Caught in Ultra ball

I would've automatically accepted if HP was 31 instead of 11. So I want to hear from as many of you via PM whether Babismanias deserves a second chance, try RNG something else perhaps a little easier, or whatever. I leave the suggestions in your hands. If the person that reported Babismanias to begin with have a say, I would take that into highest consideration as well.

Edit: Babismanias is now getting a second chance, so don't blow it.

I wanna report Bboy235 (http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=69294) as he DCed when I took down his lead Tentacruel with my lead Charge Beam Jirachi. A second later he was back in the 4th Wifi thread looking for other battles. If it had been an accidental DC, surely he would try for a rematch rather than search for someone else?

He said he was gonna come back but he didn't.

I'd like to report the user Poppycock for trading me a hacked Pokemon egg.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=2851248&postcount=149
I got it checked by a respected BMGF member. It's hex values are entirely messed up apparently. The link to the .pkm file is there, in that post, too.
Hi guys, I'm the checker on the thread over at BMGf. Now that I look at the .pkm uploaded by Unholy Confessions again, I notice that some Hex Values have been humorously edited.

41h (Shiny Leaf) Correct Value should be 00, uploaded is 01.
44h Correct Value should be D0, uploaded is D9.
45h Correct Value should be 07, uploaded is 06.
46h Correct Value should be D2, uploaded is D1.
47h Correct Value should be 07, uploaded is 06.
86h Correct Value should be 04, uploaded is 03.

Such changes cannot be done by accident, cannot happen due to data corruption, and cannot to this extent be caused by any Pokemon Editor unintentionally. Obviously these Hex were edited minimally in a way that:

<Bond697> it's almost like someone opened it up and said to themselves "how can i make this look hacked??"

On another note, the problematic hex in the uploaded .pkm file will normalize itself upon hatching the Pokemon.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
since i'm mentioned, yeah, the changes to the pkm are too ridiculous to have been made to fool anyone. whoever hacked it did it to make sure it would be noticed, and i have trouble believing it was poppycock. the hacker put the egg in a great ball and gave it a shiny leaf. no one trying to fool people would do that, it's so blatant that it would be caught immediately... which was the point, i think.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to mention I have a thread full of non-hacked pokemon that I'd be more than willing to have checked. This guy has been trying to get me banned as a personal vendetta more than anything. Thanks you two for clearing it up.

Not that my two cents is entirely necessary, but recently Unholy has had some bickering Poppy and I. I know for a fact that Poppy is no hacker, as I've helped him learn RNG myself. I've seen him do some great things for himself, and others. Helping others through the RNG thread, and various other methods.
He has given plausible, correct ways of RNG which goes to show that he indeed does know how to RNG without any hacks.

Stating the fact that Unholy has been bickering with Poppy, and Poppy has given Unholy an opportunity to pull the "I'm right about ____ hacking." How difficult would it be to upload the said Pokemon file to Pokesav, change things around but not too much in order to make it seem like he still did it, but hacked enough that it would raise flags? Unholy could do it. Hell even my dog could probably do that.

So personally, it just seems as if Unholy is just trying to nail Poppy for something he didn't do, while Poppy having tried to been kind to Unholy.

Not that my two cents is entirely necessary, but recently Unholy has had some bickering Poppy and I. I know for a fact that Poppy is no hacker, as I've helped him learn RNG myself. I've seen him do some great things for himself, and others. Helping others through the RNG thread, and various other methods.
He has given plausible, correct ways of RNG which goes to show that he indeed does know how to RNG without any hacks.

Stating the fact that Unholy has been bickering with Poppy, and Poppy has given Unholy an opportunity to pull the "I'm right about ____ hacking." How difficult would it be to upload the said Pokemon file to Pokesav, change things around but not too much in order to make it seem like he still did it, but hacked enough that it would raise flags? Unholy could do it. Hell even my dog could probably do that.

So personally, it just seems as if Unholy is just trying to nail Poppy for something he didn't do, while Poppy having tried to been kind to Unholy.
i have to agree, it just is too coincidental that right after Poppycok and UC got in an arguement, unholy checks his pokemon up agaisnt a hack check, which he was given before then, so what he couldve done was hacked it, and then try and verify he hacked it so it looked like it was hacked in the fisrt place, i know he had the castform longer then that, so why check now? why check the day after he got in a big arguement with poppycock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)