Pokémon Minus - Street Pokémon with Mimic Glitch Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actully Marowak already learns Belly Drum via breeding. What Marowak really needs is solid speed and/or a priority move.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
-Gear Change/ Coil
-Earthquake/ Bonemerang
-Head Smash
-Extreme Speed/ Flare Blitz

Gear Change is better for the most part, but you can choose Coil if you want to boost you're already great defense, and if you want to boost the accuracy of Head Smash and Bonemerang. Extreme Speed gives you much needed priority, while Flare Blitz will send Skarmory into a firey inferno.

Rayquazza @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Explosion

Shit just got real lol

Edit: Wait even better.
Deoxys-A @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Speed
- Explosion

@MudkipMaster: Sketch can be copied onto the Pokemon. Psycho Shock is legal on Deoxys because it learns it from a TM.

@Chispy: That Deoxys-A is meant to come in on something it forces out, and using the switch to Shell Smash.

@XienZo: inb4BellyZard

@YAYtears: Arceus itself can use ExtremeSpeed, and always outspeeds Azurill, so...

Am I the first person to notice that the op most likely got the name from Brawl-?

Anyway, I would actually like to see this go down. I'd imagine the usage of a pokemon would be more based around its abilities and Base stats. Going into my Dragonite fandum and literally just scratching the tip for a second Dragonite can use heal bell with Multi Scale now which is interesting. Also Butterfly Dance Dragonite would just be so great with hurricane. Unlike Tornadus it also has Dragon Stab to abuse which would make it's set just a little better. That also means it could use a Bulky special set. lol.

Am I the first person to notice that the op most likely got the name from Brawl-?

Anyway, I would actually like to see this go down. I'd imagine the usage of a pokemon would be more based around its abilities and Base stats. Going into my Dragonite fandum and literally just scratching the tip for a second Dragonite can use heal bell with Multi Scale now which is interesting. Also Butterfly Dance Dragonite would just be so great with hurricane. Unlike Tornadus it also has Dragon Stab to abuse which would make it's set just a little better. That also means it could use a Bulky special set. lol.
I don't think that's possible, since you can't transfer DW Draggy to gen 4, which is the only gen where you can perform the Mimic Glitch, and besides I don't think DW Dragonite learns Mimic. Unfortunately all mimic glitch Dragonites have to use Inner Focus.

However, something like Bfly Dance/Hurricane/DPulse/Roost with Kyogre support might be viable. Too bad it does lack Multiscale. Besides that set, Dragonite isn't probably viable in this metagame since the only thing it has over Salamence and Rayquaza is Hurricane+Gen4 Move. However, that set has to compete with Aeroblast/Bfly Dance users (Lugia, Salamence, Rayquaza) in which case the extra 20BP and confusion of Hurricane is often less useful than the benefits of Air Lock and 50 more Base SAtk, Intimidate and 10 more Base SAtk or a completely different typing with no 4x weaks and massive defenses. Besides, the other sweepers aren't reliant on Rain and don't therefore haver to worry about their STAB missing when confronted by a Shell Smash Groudon.

Honestly, this metagame seems fun because it's probably going to be even more centralized than Ubers, not because it gives that many things viable options. Honestly, most things mentoined in this topic like Marowak or Hitmonchan will probably get brushed aside by behemoths like Shell Smash Groudon, Bfly Dance Kyogre, Skill Swap Slaking and Speed Boosters with Spore. What people should probably be focusing their speculation on are things with ridiculous stats (Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Groudon, Blissey, ...) or unfathomably broken abilities (Speed Boost, No Guard, Trapping, ...).

To recap, I predict this metagame is going to be ridiculously centralized, since a lot of the notion of movepool advantage is gone what with Gen 1-3 Pokemon learning literally everything, so raw stats, broken abilities and typing matter a lot more. However, just because a metagame is centralized doesn't mean it's boring. I'd definitely try this thing out just for the sheer fast-pacedness of the metagame. Just like in Ubers, this ruleset would have players on the edge at all times: It's all about executing your broken strategy before your opponent has the chance at the same.

Ok Kurashi, the deal is that when this topic was originally created, it was simply put as "New Metagame-Street Pogeymanz w/ Mimic Glitch allowed". Later on the name was changed to Pokemon- and I believed somewhere SupremeDirt had explained to us the name change. So nope, you are not the first person.

DW Dragonite is illegal with this as it cannot perform Mimic glitch, although why would you want to use Dragonite TBH, when stuff like Shell Break Deoxys-A and Growth Groudon are presented right in front of your eyes.

@Kurashi: I posted that reference before.

As a quick reference, Dream World abilities and Gen 5 Pokemon are strictly out of the question as the glitch was fixed in that generation.

Poor Regigigas can't Mimic, Copycat, nor Assist. GF really hates him.

Trying to think of anything that c--

Guard Share Deo-A. You suddenly have good defenses and the target is as thin as paper.

@Kurashi: I posted that reference before.

As a quick reference, Dream World abilities and Gen 5 Pokemon are strictly out of the question as the glitch was fixed in that generation.

Poor Regigigas can't Mimic, Copycat, nor Assist. GF really hates him.

Trying to think of anything that c--

Guard Share Deo-A. You suddenly have good defenses and the target is as thin as paper.
Actually I ninja'd you there...

Also, hands down the best user of Guard Share is Deoxys-A. Outspeeds virtually everything in the meta with 150 base speed and has really paper-like defenses.
But what would it gain? Its insane attack would already break most enemies in half, and because of the pathetic HP you wouldn't be getting much bulk. Sure, it gets the most transfer, but it doesn't DO anything with it. Chansey/Blissey are better in my opinion, because they can absorb a solid defense stat to complement their titanic HP. Their SpD is par to excellent, so they'll only be losing out there, but sacrifices must be made. Just think, if you managed to land this on a Lugia... Of course, it would just phaze you out, but still, a man can dream.

Hmm, I guess that's true. I was just dreaming over how it wouldn't be OHKO'd by every priority in the game.

I feel like walls still fall victim to 4-moveslot Syndrome, even with this.. :P

I was under the impression that there would be at least an ubers metagame simply because.... well if you thought they were broken before the ubers now have almost every single move in the game. Therefore you'd have to rely on stats and ability which would make stuff like Kyogre and Groudon incredibly broken even in this metagame.

Ok then, was I the first person that noticed that didn't require an explanation as to why the title was that name? lol

This of course begs the question of what could serene grace users use. I'd imagine there'd be a mega special sweeper Shaymin-S because it could get gale. A ParaFlinchFusion set with seed flare. That's a very scary set right there.

This of course begs the question of what could serene grace users use. I'd imagine there'd be a mega special sweeper Shaymin-S because it could get gale. A ParaFlinchFusion set with seed flare. That's a very scary set right there.
Hurricane Shaymin-S is pretty frightening, to be fair. 60% of chance of Confusion is ridiculous, and that's alongside other SG abuses such as Sacred Fire (unfortunately not as powerful in Rain).

I was under the impression that there would be at least an ubers metagame simply because.... well if you thought they were broken before the ubers now have almost every single move in the game. Therefore you'd have to rely on stats and ability which would make stuff like Kyogre and Groudon incredibly broken even in this metagame.
IIRC the original idea of the metagame was anything goes, if it's attainable ingame. A mimic glitch OU would be a completely different metagame, and making it even remotely balanced would be ridiculously difficult since if you'd ban all the 680 Ubers then the whole thing would just revolve around pseudolegendaries and broken abilities. And the game would probably look almost the same as the Ubers one: Spore spam, high BST mons setting up and sweeping in seconds and fast scarfers/priority/sashes being everywhere to stop your opponent's sweepers. I don't really even see time to set up hazards since you'd probably be facing something like Tail Glow Latios/Shell Break MixMence/SporeDrumSubPass Ninjask passing to a powerful mon with priority (Scizor perhaps) from the first turn and wouldn't want to give it any free turns so it can set up and slaughter your team.

I think it's more interesting with everything allowed. Any metagame with mimic glitch is broken and centralized. Why else would the glitch be banned? However, an anything goes metagame with it is so broken and centralized that nothing can compare. A metagame like that would surely be worth trying out just for the sheer thrill of everything you're up against being able to slaughter you in the blink of an eye but everything you have being able to do the same to your opponents, too. Trying to make a mimic glitch metagame "balanced like Standard" pretty much impossible, so the logical conclusion is the opposite direction: "fast-paced like Ubers, but even more ridiculous".

Also, Skymin unfortunately doesn't learn mimic. Jirachi does, however, and it can similarly abuse Serene Grace with a 100% burn Sacred Fire and 40% attack boost Meteor Mash. It's too slow to be a scarf revenger but it has enough bulk to use a balloon and halt some physical sweepers as long as the opponent doesn't have Sacred Fire.

Make that ParaFlinchFusionAttractEvasion+Accuracy-.

DAMN YOU 4 moveslot syndrome.

breh

強いだね
Hurricane Shaymin-S is pretty frightening, to be fair. 60% of chance of Confusion is ridiculous, and that's alongside other SG abuses such as Sacred Fire (unfortunately not as powerful in Rain).
Sorry shaymin-s can't learn mimic :/

Luvdisc@White Herb
Modest
Swift Swim
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Shell Smash
Hydro Pump / Surf
Ice Beam
Seed Flare

shit just got real, no really this should be fun.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Can someone propose a stall team? I know it's possible since now everyone can get instant healing moves, phazing, and stealth rock. However, how do make a stall team without it getting completely destroyed by Butterfly Dance Kyogre or Guard Share Deoxys-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)