Favorite On-Going Anime

Since no one seems to care it's 'on-going" anime, Code Geass, Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kekkaishi, Angel Beats, Clannad and Clannad After Story, Toradora! and .hack\\SIGN.
I prefer to read the manga for most ongoing anime so I do read naruto and bleach. I never got around to reading one piece.

On going anime? SGT. Frog, The World God Only Knows and Kaiji.

Hate that overrated junk like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and the like.

I'm such an otaku.

Lol @ people hating on Bleach and Naruto. Imo, the Bleach anime is better than the manga :T

But anyway, I'm watching Bleach, Naruto, FairyTail, Level E, Gosick, Beelzebub, and Pokemon BW. Best Wishes is actually turning out to be really awesome.

Lol @ people hating on Bleach and Naruto. Imo, the Bleach anime is better than the manga :T

But anyway, I'm watching Bleach, Naruto, FairyTail, Level E, Gosick, Beelzebub, and Pokemon BW. Best Wishes is actually turning out to be really awesome.
Lou @ people disliking half assed efforts that have a gigantic global audience because they have kind of clean art and some bitchin' fights (then even ran out of those). Look, whether or not you like the works, it is extremely clear that both have "jumped the shark" in various blooberiffic ways (Bleach becoming a series of sad eyes, Ichigo's impossible power ups, Pain, and more I am too lazy to think of), and much more damning both have simplified as they abandon complex ideas in favor of bombing you with a huge amount of characters and cramming in storylines/jokes for all of them. Everything good that happened in either happened within the first 200 chapters, both works have been flailing/dead for a long time. Naruto is by far the worst at present.

Bleach anime could have been better if you liked the humor parts that much I guess...recently that became very bad though, with bad music and gag routines that failed at pretty much all times.

Hate that overrated junk like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail and the like.

I'm such an otaku.
Naming 3 anime you like and then damning some others as overrated does not make you an otaku. You may be an otaku, but it is certainly irrelevant to and not at all proven by your post.

i don't remember when, why, and how it was cool to call yourself an otaku

it just makes you sound like a retard

I have a Death Note poster, a Trigun poster, a Fullmetal Alchemist poster, a Soul Eater poster, a plushy of Giroro, a plushy of Toon Link, a plushy of Death the Kid, a plushy of a Gundam, a plushy of Kirby, a plushy of Edward Elric, 6 Gundam models, over 50 manga books and I've made cosplays of Red, Soul Eater Evans and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

I'm such an otaku.
One Piece overrated? Someone infract this guy

Bleach use to be the shit until Aizen died in the manga, I just stick with Naruto manga+episodes.
Bleach went downhill after Ichigo v Byakuya, the whole Aizen "fight" was pretty dumb too.

I've been reading One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach lately with OP being my favorite and only anime I really even watch. Naruto's voice was just way too annoying to listen to(english and jap dubs) with a huge amount of flashbacks and filler. OP might be a little drawn out but it's tolerable because it isn't shit, best Shonen atm.

/NERD

Lou @ people disliking half assed efforts that have a gigantic global audience because they have kind of clean art and some bitchin' fights (then even ran out of those). Look, whether or not you like the works, it is extremely clear that both have "jumped the shark" in various blooberiffic ways (Bleach becoming a series of sad eyes, Ichigo's impossible power ups, Pain, and more I am too lazy to think of), and much more damning both have simplified as they abandon complex ideas in favor of bombing you with a huge amount of characters and cramming in storylines/jokes for all of them. Everything good that happened in either happened within the first 200 chapters, both works have been flailing/dead for a long time. Naruto is by far the worst at present.

Bleach anime could have been better if you liked the humor parts that much I guess...recently that became very bad though, with bad music and gag routines that failed at pretty much all times.
Dude I get it, you don't like them, but I don't think they have "jumped the shark". I agree they are not as great as they once was, but I still find them interesting and entertaining. And tbh, it sounds more like you dislike them because they popular which is whatever, I really don't care. Listen, I have watched both of these anime since episode 1, I'm going to watch them until they end. I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree with you about Naruto. I would list reasons why, but I'm sick and I really don't feel like arguing about something that is just mere opinion...

I guess currently the only ongoing anime I'm watching is The World God Only Knows, which is fun, but the manga is better.

Other than that I've almost completely stopped watching anime, although I kinda want to check out Panty and Stocking just because it looks so awful.

The only "recent" anime I've actually kept up with is the Tales of Symphonia OVA, which wraps up this Friday sadly :< My only problem with it was all the large gaps in between the episodes.

I have a Death Note poster, a Trigun poster, a Fullmetal Alchemist poster, a Soul Eater poster, a plushy of Giroro, a plushy of Toon Link, a plushy of Death the Kid, a plushy of a Gundam, a plushy of Kirby, a plushy of Edward Elric, 6 Gundam models, over 50 manga books and I've made cosplays of Red, Soul Eater Evans and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.
None of that makes you an otaku, have you ever even written a paper or analysis of anime/manga tendencies or anything...? Being an otaku is not just being obsessed with something, but having toys and posters and buying some manga does not make you an otaku. p.s. cookie congrats on achieving your master otaku status, ParaChomp could learn a thing or ten

Dude I get it, you don't like them, but I don't think they have "jumped the shark". I agree they are not as great as they once was, but I still find them interesting and entertaining. And tbh, it sounds more like you dislike them because they popular which is whatever, I really don't care. Listen, I have watched both of these anime since episode 1, I'm going to watch them until they end. I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree with you about Naruto. I would list reasons why, but I'm sick and I really don't feel like arguing about something that is just mere opinion...
What? When did I say anything that indicated I have a problem with them being popular? I said clearly it is going to bother people that shitty stories are widely read, and while I wish people would move on and read things that are still creating stories, not bloated crapfests that have nothing to offer, you can never stop people from enjoying shit so there is no point to trying. None of what I said was really opinion, ...when you kill off all of the good guys and then resurrect them a few chapters later, you have motherfucking jumped the god damn shark and then fucked its moth er. As far as Bleach jumping the shark, when it reproduced its entire first plot and became a manga about sad eye posing and 100 chapters later is using shit like this as chapter covers or whatever the fuck they are then you have jumped the shark.

Also, I never told you to stop watching or reading them, I told you to fucking respect that we have the god damn right to point out how pathetic these two terrible manga and anime are. They started out as mildly cool, went to utter shit, and have been that way for like 6 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)