Regirock (Sunny Day) [QC 2/2]

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/regirock

Ok, so here is a set I used way back then and absolutely fell in love with, so I think it deserves more than an OC mention on Regirock’s analysis. I made this really short, messy, and it’s most likely ludicrous grammar-wise because I’m really short on time, which is also why I’d like to know if anyone wants to take this over once it’s past the QC stage.

[SET]
name: Sunny Day
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 4: Explosion
item: Heat Rock
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Sunny Day has two uses in this set, support and baiting, as it reduces the damage taken from Water attacks, enabling it to explode on them, while boosting the offensive prowess of its teammates.
  • Amazing and unique support Pokemon for both dedicated and non-dedicated Sunny Day teams, as it can setup both weather and Stealth Rock; while exploding on bulky Water-types like Azumarill and Milotic, making it easier for teammates like Typhlosion and Houndoom to sweep.
  • Despite being usually frowned upon, Regirock’s Rock typing enables him to handle very common threats to sun teams, such as Fire-, and Flying-types (mainly Moltres, Arcanine, and Swellow).
  • Stone Edge is Regirock’s always reliable STAB that hits Ghost-types attempting to absorb an Explosion, as well as Fire- and Flying-types for super effective damage. Rock Slide is a more accurate, less powerful option.
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • The Attack EVs and nature give Regirock enough firepower to OHKO Milotic, while the remaining EVs are delegated to Special Defense to give Regirock more leeway when switching into special attackers such as Houndoom and Moltres. Max Special Defense and HP can be used to give Regirock some extra durability, allowing him to setup weather more often, and making him more of a defensive pivot. If that spread is chosen, replacing Explosion with Earthquake is recommended.
  • Obviously, pairing this to Fire-types and Chlorophyll Grass-types is recommended. Tangrowth deserves a special mention due to being able of switching into Donphan, opposing Regirock, and Rhyperior. Typhlosion and Arcanine are amazing partners as well; as all of them benefit from the removal of bulky Water-types such as Milotic and Azumarill from play, and enable them to run a choice item with more freedom

Wow. Love this set. Not as good as Lure Registeel though. Can you explain why you should this over Lure Registeel on non-Sunny Day teams?

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
The main objective of this set isn't doing BaitSteel's job, especially because Registeel baits different Pokemon. The main perk of this set is how it can remove Pokemon like Milotic and Azumarill (which is something Registeel can't do, as its Explosion never OHKOes max/max Milotic), while supporting its teammates with Sunny Day. Weather isn't really needed to survive Milotic's Surf or Azumarill's Waterfall as Regirock's defenses are amazing and it could just use Passho Berry if that was the case; but it helps teammates like Arcanine and Typhlosion to sweep, especially the former, as he has no means of effectively hitting Milotic. On non-Sunny Day teams, for example, this can just be paired to a Pokemon like standard Exeggutor and Life Orb Arcanine, as their effectiveness will be boosted for a short yet valuable amount of time; but they can also perfectly work outside of sun.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
i'm uragg and i approved this message (qc approved 1/2)

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, thanks guys. It seems nice user Bad Ass is taking this over, so I'll just confirm this and ask awful user Eo to transfer this.

Edit: If awesome user Oglemi wants to transfer it I'd be happy =)

Edit 2: Thanks awesome user Oglemi =)

Is this still getting worked on? If not, maybe ultra-awesome-and-kinda-late-to-the-party user Flashrider57 wants to take it over? Or maybe not that awesome...you guys choose...

EDIT: nvm...a little too busy now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)