The Revenge of Terakion -- Peaked 1!

The Revenge Of Terakion - Peaked 1!

Well I finally peaked 1 at Smogon Server. The aim of my team is to smash holes in the opponents team with Mix Dialga and Nitro Charge Ho-Oh then clean up with ExtremeKiller. Terakion is the Glue revenging so many threats.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Groudon is important to my team as it sets up the Sun for Ho-Oh, lays down Stealth Rock and checks most physical sweepers. Earthquake is my Main STAB move. Dragon Tail helps me to Phaze out things such Arceus and Rayquaza. Toxic helps a lot against Stall against things such as Lugia.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Latias is my Special wall and specs Kyogre/Reshiram switch in. After 1 Calm Mind and Soul Dew Latias will not die to Special hits. Recover means that Latias is alive so my team is not crushed by Kyogre. Dragon Pulse is *standard STAB. Hidden Power is boosted by the Sun and takes out Scizor and Forretress.

Dialga @ Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Mix Dialga is my weapon against Stall teams. Draco Meteor of 150 Special Attack is insanely powerful KOing nearly everything except Steel types. Most Steel Types though are roasted by a sun boosted Fire Blast. Thunder is for Kyogre who is a threat to any Sun team. Brick Break smashes the common special Walls of Ubers, Blissey and Chansey

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Nitro Charge
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire

Ho-Oh is amazingly powerful. Nitro Charge boosts Ho-Oh's average speed to outspeed most of the uber tier. Sacred Fire in the sun is crazy with a high Burn chance stopping Groudon. Brave Bird hits Giratina, Latias and Kyogre. Earthquake is for Heatran and Zekrom

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake

The late game clean up. After a Swords Dance Arceus has very few counters. ExtremeSpeed is a strong priority STAB. Now arceus arceus an have full EV'S Shadow Force scores a 1HKO on Giratina-O. Earthquake stops Steel and Rock Types

Terakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justice Heart
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Terakion is the glue to this team. It can revenge so many things such as Normal, Dark and Steel Arceus, Darkrai, Tyranitar,Reshiram and Rayquaza. It's ability allows it to switch in easily on Dark type moves and get a Attack Boost. Close Combat and Stone Edge have great coverage. Earthquake hits Zekrom and Jirachi whilst X-Scissor is for against Mewtwo when I can not risk a miss.​

Ok, first of all congrats on the success of the team. But now on to the rate, I'm not sure running Ho-Oh is a great idea without some way of keeping SR off the field, especially Ho-Oh using LO and not using Recover, even though Regeneration slightly makes up for this, it means more often than not, you'll be using a pokemon who enters the field with 50% max health. Secondly there is quite a big weakness to Shandera, since it removes Groudon, Arceus (after a little prior damage), Dialga, Terakion if its locked into Close Combat or X-Scissor. I'm not really sure if theres anything you can do about this except try and predict well with Latias, but it is a serious weakness that you'll need to address. You'll also need to watch out for opposing Ho-Oh, particularly the Sub Recover variant since Terakion can't revenge that without risking a burn or taking a Brave Bird. Even though i used the same Latias spread in my RMT, I've since reconsidered it and think that its probably better to use a little extra bulk on Latias, maybe using 192 or 200 HP Evs, max speed and keep the rest in special attack. Finally i would advise wathcing out for any Specs Dragon, or Soul Dew Latios, since any of them using Draco Meteors can pretty much get a guaranteed OHKO on everything. Sorry that I can't really think of much to address these threats without messing up your team's synergy.

j99 summed it up pretty well, Ho-Oh is the scariest thing to this team. I had a longer post, but my internet broke a bit before I posted, and j99 just about covered everything that I had to say-and then some!

Also, I don't see a real answer to Garchomp, you like a Dragon Resist, so Scarfed/Banded chomp can walk all over this team.

What the posters ahead of me said is very true. Lack of a Dragon resist and a spinner is a big deal. Joe's idea of running HP EVs on Latias is a good idea, but putting them in Def could be good too. Another question I have about your Latias is does it really need HP Fire? I would think that since you have Ho-Oh and Dialga that Scizor and Forry wouldn't be that much of a problem. Aside from Psychic being a subpar type overall, I just don't see any real reason not to use Psycho Shock. It's STAB, it's effectively physical, what more could you want?

Also, your Ho-Oh's HP is an even number, which is not good when you lose half your health to Stealth Rock coming in. Put the extra 4 EVs in SpD or something. I assume that the only reason you're running so many Spe EVs on Ho-Oh is to outspeed ScarfTran, but do you really see them enough for them to be a concern? Most Heatran's I've seen in Ubers are bulky with Leftovers or BalloonTrannies. Balloon (BAN ME PLEASE)s actually cause more of a problem to you than ScarfTrans without HP Rock since you'll lose roughly 1/3 of your life from BB recoil+LO Recoil+Dragon Pulse. It's worse if they're packing Toxic and it's worse still if they're packing Roar. And aside from random stuff like HP Rock, Ancientpower, or HP Electric (which actually doesn't so as much as you'd think), Heatran can't really do that much to Ho-Oh. Toxic works as I said before, but that's a rare sight on ScarfTran and obviously Explosion hurts but frankly if you can get them to Explode I'd say it's not that bad of a trade. If you had Giratina-O to switch too, a Heatran exploding on you would be hilarious, but I guess Terakion will have to do. I personally would never run Ho-Oh with more than 200 Spe EVs since that's all it needs to outspeed Mewtwo at +1 and ScarfShaymin-S at +2. Then again a bunch of stuff on my team counters Heatran so idk.

Overall it looks like a really cool team though. Funny how most of the successful teams in DW Ubers are sun teams (Joe, me, and now Plulse).

Any team with a ho-oh generally needs a spinner or espeon as 50% from SR is just too much for ho-oh. Otherwise, ho-oh isn't gonna last long. Reshiram or victini will also work in ho-oh's place if you don't want a spinner. I feel that dialga's existence in your team is kinda redundant as it really can't wallbreak too well (like it is ever gonna take down chansey). A wallbreaker such as zekrom may do better in its place.

Well I think you could run some speed EV's on groudon, so you can toxic oposing HO-OH it before it subs/ attacks, also you could replace scarf terakion with scarf Shandara so you can trap those anoying steels pokes (skarm, fortress, nattorai) and kill them all with fire balst, that freee up your arceus sweep, umm also you could use hidden power rock and i think it OKOH Ho-oh but what eva, aslo a steel type/ dragon resist of your own would be nice, mabey somting like special def jirachi cause it can twave and pass wishes, but that really dosent fit your teams style, so whatever, hrm speaking of which you really dont have much as far as synergy, so i probally wont be that weird to switch a whole pokemon for another. you can just do whatever you want though because its your team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)