StreetPKMN+Mimic Glitch server live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been running this Gengar:

Gengar @ Quick Claw (There is no Salac yet q.q)
Timid Nature
4 Def/252 Spe/252 SpA
Levitate

-Substitute
-Tail Glow
-Shadow Ball
-Aura Sphere

I realise Aura Sphere is weaker than Focus Blast, but at +3 it doesn't matter at all. This completely walks all over Death Gambit and Extremespeed strats, giving it a free setup. I played against Captain, and as soon as Gengar found its opening, his team was demolished.

Of course, as we all know Fighting/Ghost also gives perfect coverage. This also beat a Conversion2 Sashedinja. Conversion2 switches to either Dark, Steel, or Normal on the Shadow Ball, which Aura Sphere then snipes. Adding onto that, it also blocks Endeavor.

There also seem to be a lot of Psychic-types around. The Latis, Mewtwo, Lugia, Deoxys. Blissey won't last long against +3 Aura Sphere, and Machamp fell in one blow to +3 Shadow Ball.

In terms of counters, Captain talked to me about Rock Blast Aerodactyl. It's faster, decently strong, but it rides on luck. Before anybody mentions Cloyster, bear in mind it will die even to +0 Aura Sphere and doesn't outspeed. Scarf STAB Double Chop should be enough to do it in, but Quick Claw might kick in, so it's not certain. Alternately, you could run Weavile Beat Up. I mention Weavile because it's faster and gets STAB off of it. With Deoxys and Ho-oh on your team, it should hurt enough to OHKO Gengar through his Sub. Fast or Bulky Perish Songs in general will force Gengar to have to set up later.

What are your thoughts?

Why would I run Mewtwo when it gets OHKO'd by Death Gambit and Extremespeed?
Didn't you even read the analysis?

EDIT: Added that it blocks Endeavor.

I'd much rather run my bulky Gengar.

Also, a small snippet of my new team:

Onix@Evolution Stone
Sturdy|Imnotsayingnature
An assortment of EVs
~ Amnesia
~ Heal Bell
~ Baton Pass
~ Recover

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I had a Blissey Transform into my Sheddy the other day. 714 HP Shedinja is really annoying.. Always remember to lower the defenses of your Shedinja to weaken the foes who have more than one HP.

Attention people interested in streetmon, we now have usage stats! However, we don't have many battles on it so far.

Our top 5 since ETE said I should post it:
1. Machamp
2. Deoxys-S
3. Ditto
4. Mewtwo
5. Erufuun

All good pokemon I say. Erufuun surprised me though and I'm not sure what to say about that.

Edit: I am second on the Full Street ladder YEEEAAAH. Get on the ladder guys, or lame people like me will get to the top!

Ninjask: Focus Sash
8 HP/248 Attack/252 Speed
Jolly

Spore
Shell Break
Baton Pass
Magic Coat / Megahorn

Sleep, Boost on foe's switch, Baton Pass +2 Atk/SpA/Spe, -1 Def/SpD to sweeper. Magic Coat or Megahorn for Taunt.

Baton Pass to

White Herb Rayquaza:

Aerobatics [White Herb is consumed and boosts Aerobatic's power to 165 with STAB]
Outrage
Extreme Speed [For Ice Sharders]
Bonemerang [Sub-breaking]

or

White Herb Kyogre:

Hydro Pump
Thunder
Gale
Baton Pass / Ice Beam / Aqua Jet [+2 Atk/SpA/Spe]

or

White Herb Groudon:

V-Generate [= Kyogre's Hydro Pump's BP; +4 Speed passed allows for Speed drops]
Bonemerang
Head Smash
Power Whip / Baton Pass

I've consulted Eric about some odd things about the server and the community. The result is well, we will be getting perfect legality eventually and we will also eventually be getting a modded metagame via added pokemon (no you can't use them except on one ladder). Also Full StreetPKMN has been renamed to DW StreetPKMN to better reflect what it is eventually supposed to be.

Also I would like to note that since soul dew is allowed on DW StreetPKMN so is Salac Berry so toss that quick claw away.

So does anyone have any interest in adding pokemon? StreetPKMN in its current state is pretty darned awesome and it'll probably continue being awesome in the future. However, I'm sure it can be more awesome. I don't know if it'll be in a few days or longer than a few months but is anyone interested in this possibility?

Imo, we should add an insomnia/vital spirit poke.

Eric doesn't care about enforcement on DW StreetPKMN tier, and we've traditionally allowed that anyway on that tier, but the stuff will all be legal eventually.

edit: err let me rephrase that since I confused someone, I meant, the tier eventually won't allow anything illegal. It'll be like the dreamworld tier on other servers.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mimic+DW ability won't be legal eventually (unless nintendo screwed up and added a mimic like glitch to gen 5 too), just the unreleased DW abilities, unreleased Pokemon, and unreleased items.

I've consulted Eric about some odd things about the server and the community. The result is well, we will be getting perfect legality eventually and we will also eventually be getting a modded metagame via added pokemon (no you can't use them except on one ladder). Also Full StreetPKMN has been renamed to DW StreetPKMN to better reflect what it is eventually supposed to be.

Also I would like to note that since soul dew is allowed on DW StreetPKMN so is Salac Berry so toss that quick claw away.

So does anyone have any interest in adding pokemon? StreetPKMN in its current state is pretty darned awesome and it'll probably continue being awesome in the future. However, I'm sure it can be more awesome. I don't know if it'll be in a few days or longer than a few months but is anyone interested in this possibility?

Imo, we should add an insomnia/vital spirit poke.
The Other Doug said:
Going Ape Hog Wild
Primeape @ Life Orb/ Focus Sash/ Salac Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
-Belly Drum/ Shell Smash
-Close Combat/ Drain Punch/ Reversal
-Shadow Force/ Crunch
-Extreme Speed/ Mach Punch/

Switch into the sleeping moves that will no doubt be all the Rage in this Meta-game, set up Belly Drum/Shell Break, and let the sweeping begin!

If you're using Shell Smash then a Focus Sash and Reversal are better options; otherwise go with Close Combat/Drain Punch and Life Orb/Salac Berry.
Choose either Shadow Force or Crunch to hit those pesky ghosts; Crunch will provide a reliable no-draw-back attack. Meanwhile Shadow Force not only hits harder, but it might lure in a fast Normal or Steel type, whom you can greet with a Mach Punch next turn.

For priority you can use Extreme Speed, Mach Punch as I mentioned earlier, or Sucker Punch to hit Ghosts immune to E.S. and M.P.

I don't get too surprised when someone uses an alternate tier but some people have gone into the 1v1 tier, I shall be joining the fun.

*obligatory reminder that everyone should check out alternative tiers*

Gen 2 UU? I could make a ladder if you send in the banlist (you probably don't want to include BLs in the bans because that gives us more incentive to ban sooner). Also I want to know if you and any of the other players want clauses or not. I suggest anyone interested in Gen 2 UU pm me their preferences.

Anyway I just played a Gen 5 Mimic OU match and won with a hardcore stall team maybe stall is actually good once you have sleep clause on.

Also plenty of activity about 1v1 here.

Oh, we just played a few games with JUST the UU's of Gen 2, for the lulz. Observations:
- Gyarados rapes, specially with Aeroblast at his disposal
- Swords Dance Crobat is scary - again Aeroblast helps, but don't forget Sludge Bomb here with so little steels.
- Belly Drum Granbull is the strongest normal in this tier. This with Extremespeed is scary, and since there are no ghosts here, Mach Punch actually creates amazing coverage.
- Spore Miracle (Lum) Berry Electrode = Best lead available
- Arcanine has the highest BST of them all and can easily run a mixed set.
- Sacred Fire and Aeroblast are amazing moves in this meta.

Ofcourse, this is after like 6 games in that UU :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)