Chomper the Sharptooth vs. Plusle (ref: Rediamond) MATCH OVER

Hello, and welcome to this battle between users Plusle and Chomper the Sharptooth. Before the battle begins, let's take a look at some details:

1V1
Singles
3 Days
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Snowy Peak: A snow covered,deserted mountain with constant hail.
All Abilities
Switch = KO
No items
With that out of the way, Plusle will send out the first Pokemon, Chomper will send out his and give commands, Plusle will give commands, I will ref; you know the drill.

Wait, time out. That wasn't in the squad you sent me. Let's clarify: Send out the first pokemon in your squad. (Solosis(spelling?))

Wait, change in policy I didn't notice. Plusle's Voodoll is legal, and I apologise for my mistake. Chomper, you may pick from any of your three Pokemon, and give orders.

Okay, then I'll go back to my initial action. Send as hot a fire as you can his way Chidori, then send any stat drops from it his way. Then burn him with a weaker flamethrower.

Overheat > Power Swap > Flamethrower

Ok. Voodoll start with Smashing with a strong Return. Then dodge his Power Swap behind a Subsitute. Finally Focus your energy and Punch Vulpix for the finish.

Return-Subsitute-Focus Punch

Vulpix [Chidori] (Female)
Nature: Naive (+Spe/-Spd)
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ** (-)
Spe: 75 (65 * 1.15)
100 Energy

Voodoll(*)[Ninja][Male]
Naive
HP: 100
SpA: ***
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 81(+)
100 Energy

Hey, sorry about the rocky start. I did not recieve a reply for the substitute question, so I assumed 25%. If there are any objections, you had several days to post the HP you wanted to go into the substitute. Anyways, onto the battle.

After some difficulties getting up the mountain, the two trainers huddled by thier Pokemon. It had been a grueling hike, and they were glad to finally be enjoying the view from the snowy north side of Mount Coronet. But of course, the peace couldn't last, and within a few minutes a battle had begun.

Voodoll makes the first move, lunging close to Vulpix with thoughts racing through his mind about pleasing his trainer. Right as he collides, Vulpix unleashes every ounce of fire in her body, doing intense damage to her foe. Unfortunately for her, she finds that the lack of oxygen slightly reduces the effectiveness of her attack.

Drained from her last move, Chidori creates a beam of warm, red light that engulfs the stage, briefly blocking the view of the combatants. When the light finally clears, Ninja is nowhere to be seen, with a strange looking doll in his place. Vulpix, however, just looks even more drained than before. Suddenly, the doll gets to its feet, and starts to charge the Fox Pokemon. Shocked by this, and drained from her previous Overheat, as well as the lack of Oxygen, Vulpix lets loose a very weak Flamethrower that leaves the dall seemingly unscathed as its fist slams into Vulpix, dealing huge amounts of damage to her, and blasting both combants further away from each other as the hail continues to fall.

HP: 60
77 Energy

Voodoll(*)[Ninja][Male]
Naive
HP: 61
62 Energy

Arena: Unchanged, with hail continuing to fall.

Plusle, you're up.

Sorry for the delay. I have had some stuff IRL to sort out.

Ok good work. Keep Chidori off balance with 3x Focus Punches. If your protection fades then change to return

Focus Punch-Focus Punch-Focus Punch

Change Focus Punches to Return if the Subsitute is broken.

I coulda swore Power Swap worked through Substitutes...
Okay Chidori you heard his commands as clear as I did, his Voodoll will only stop Focus Punching once we get rid of that Substitute so I'd like you to disable his Focus Punch the second he connects with one and leave him helpless. Then I want you to not quite break his substitute with a Flame Burst, if necessary hold your power a smidge or not aim directly at it and try to get Voodoll with any splash damage. Most importantly be sure to not strike it critically. Last you should use another Flame Burst, if the area of effect damage does nothing at least the small continuous burst will do something to Voodoll immediately after his safety clone fails.

Disable (Focus Punch) > Flame Burst > Flame Burst

HP: 60

77 Energy

Voodoll(*)[Ninja][Male]
Naive
HP: 61

62 Energy

Arena: Unchanged, with hail continuing to fall.

Ninja rushes forwards, the only thing in his thoughts the desire to inflict harm on the Vulpix in front of him. Chidori, however, is gasping for breath, the already thin oxygen in the air depleted when most of it was burned off in the last attack. Chicori bides her time, right up to getting flung towards the edge of the mountain by a powerful Focus Punch. The moment the hit connects, the doll created by Ninja stops, and stares blankly into space unable to remember what this 'Focus Punch' command his trainer wanted was. Chidori takes some pride in her Disable technique's success as she struggles to get up.

Chidori takes advantage of the momentary opening, and shoots out a massive jet of flame, burning off even more of the precious oxygen on the mountain. She gasps heavily, her previous exertion taking its toll, as she fires yet another Flame Burst, incinerating the snow around the Voodoll's feet, and scattering Ember's on the ground. As the Vulpix falls to the ground in exhaustion, she looks up to see... the strange substitute smiling at her wickedly. Exhausted by the barrage of hail, and gasping for breath, she doesn't even notice Voodoll's substitute collapsing under the hail, and the opponent wincing in pain as he pulls himself off of the embers.

HP: 40

55 Energy

Voodoll(*)[Ninja][Male]
Naive
HP: 52

53 Energy

Arena: The embers have scattered away, but a pool of water is left surrounding Voodoll. The hail continues to fall. Due to oxygen deprivation, any fire attack used in the next turn will be multiplied by 0.7.

Chomper, you're up.

Throw him off with your swagger, then Power Swap with him to steal those boosts. Lastly use your newfound power to quick attack him. If you have trouble aiming remember the first two can go through substitutes.

Swagger > Power Swap > Quick Attack

Ok good work. While he s swaggering hit him with a Focus Punch. Then hit him again with Focus Punch. Now grab your boosts back with a Copycat
Focus Punch~Focus Punch~Copycat

HP: 40

Swagger > Power Swap > Quick Attack
55 Energy

Voodoll(*)[Ninja][Male]
Naive
HP: 52

53 Energy
Focus Punch~Focus Punch~Copycat

Arena: The embers have scattered away, but a pool of water is left surrounding Voodoll. The hail continues to fall. Due to oxygen deprivation, any fire attack used in the next turn will be multiplied by 0.7.

The hail continues to fall, colliding with the combatants as they take a momentary break in battle. Chidori is looking rather starved for oxygen, while Ninja doesn't seem to care, being a doll. Chidori starts the match by showing her Swagger in an attempt to intimidate the doll into giving up. Instead, Ninja simply gets enraged at the implications that just because he isn't technically alive he can't be accepted in certain social circles, and starts to attack. At some point he starts to get confused as to why his opponent isn't actually attacking, but doesn't really care. Focusing entirely on anger, the Voodoll slams an enormously powerful punch into Chidori, almost knocking her off of the mountain.

Enraged, Chidori opens her mouth to emit an attack. Before it can be completed, Voodoll runs forwards in rage, and decides to do the only thing that it's non-existant brain can process: revenge. With one more blow, Voodoll throws Chidori up into the air, where she emits a radiant beam of light, allowing her to absorb the anger of her opponent. Hitting the ground ready to kill, Chidori charges one last attack, with Voodoll cowering in fear. Then there was silence. A cowering Voodoll looked up to see his opponent unconcious on the ground, having finally subcombed to the hail.

Plusle wins!

Before Chomper objects, I ran the calcs if Power Swap had gone through, and you still would have lost. Sorry for the mistake, but it didn't change anything.

Onto what we actually care about: rewards.

Ninja gets one EC, one DC, and one MC, as well as a KO counter.

Chidori gets also gets one EC, DC, and MC.

Plusle and Chomper get 2 trainer counters.

I get a ref counter.

Good game, and may the HAX be with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)