First team I'm putting out there in RMT

Well I'm getting a team together for a local OU tournament, and this'll be my first tournament not on shoddy/pokelab/etc. This is intended to be a highly aggressive teamI think how this works is that I put the poke, and then what I was thinking when I put it in the slot below it, and then people tell me where I was being stupid. Any feedback, especially on the lead slot, would be highly appreciated.

Uxie @ Light Clay
Impish
Levitate
252 Hp 252 Def 4 SpDef
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

Seeing as I wanted a nice defensive lead who could set up some rocks and support the rest of the team which doesn't have the best defenses, I decided to opt for a dual screener. The few games I've used it it's done quite well, with U-turn letting me scout a bit without fear of dying if I'm predicting a switch.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid
Inner Focus
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Hp
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Signal Beam*

Alakazam might be a bit fragile, but it's still a 135 special attack 120 speed boss in my book. Switched to signal beam for added accuracy against darks and the like. Also <3's dual screens.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Modest
Volt Absorb
252 SpAtk 252 Spd 4 Hp
-Charge Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Fake Tears (cause I'm far too lazy to breed for HP Ice yet)

Yeah, I like charge beam. Forces switches, kills starmie (woot Srocks) keeps the pressure going after zam is dead. Fake tears can force even blissey out, and can get shadow ball some needed OHKO's if you hit a ground type on the switch. It's no HP Ice but it's close. Modest over Timid for more punch. Once again <3's dual screens.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant
Inner Focus
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Waterfall/Earthquake
-Extremespeed

Physical Dragonite has always carried it's weight with choice band outrage sweeping weakened teams unopposed if I keep him hidden for a while. Fire punch helps deal with his counters if I predict right (barring dragon pulse off heatran). Even against some defensive steel types Choice Band Outrage still leaves quite a mark. Thankfully my next pokemon loves heatran as it deals with this set quite well.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash/Life Orb (once again can't decide if sash is worth it on a non-lead poke)
Adamant
Arena Trap
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Reversal(with sash)/Aerial Ace(without sash)
-Sucker Punch

O Hai Thar Heatran! Revenge killer, fast, hits for some serious damage, traps some threats. If sash ends up working then spam reversal and/or force out your opponent's priority. SPunch on the priority attacker to get one last spiteful hit in.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
252 Atk 248 HP 8 Spd
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Basic Choice Band Scizor from the Smogon Analysis, just minus the choice band with a Life Orb instead. My goal for this scizor is to score some revenge kills, and then U-Turn out of their counter into something that can answer.

If you decide on running choice specs I don't recommend Alakazam using Charge Beam. Trick would probably be better in that spot to beat Pokemon like Blissey.

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. I can't really do both can I. Seeing as I don't really have a problem with blissey usually, I'd go sash with charge beam.

Hmm, interesting team to say the least.
Dragonite is a very good set up sweeper pokemon. You can use Jolly nature, 252 att, 252 speed and 4 def. along with a moveset of:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

Also, Alakazam shouldn't be holding Focus Sash really unless it is your lead set. You'd be much better off holding Life Orb. Focus Blast (switch with Shadow Ball) lets you hit Dark types being as they are Alakazam's main weakness along with Ghosts.
Scizor can be a great revenge killer. If you want a pokemon in which you can switch into after another pokemon has just been KOed, you can go to Scizor and with a Choice Band w/ Technician ability, it can use:
-Bullet Punch (For very powerful priority)
-U-turn (To scout you opponents next switch, or just to get some major damage done)
-Pursuit (To have usually a ghost pokemon to switch out and KO them)
-Superpower (To obliterate other pokemon in one hit. Such as, Tyranitar)

Once you make these major changes, I think you will have quite a successful team!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Timid Nature is a must for Alakazam, since getting outrun by Starmie and Azelf is the last thing you need for Alakazam; it's so frail it'll die to a whisper. Along the same vein, Charge Beam is probably inferior to Grass Knot or Signal Beam unless you're facing a Gyarados. If you're running four attacking moves on Alakazam, it might be worth it to run Life Orb or Choice Specs. Both of them give Alakazam heavy damage-potential, and priority is extremely common in this generation.

I've been doing some more play and I agree: sash on non-lead alakazam isn't worth it. Definitely switching to a life orb. Tried the specs and too many situations came up where I said 'if I wasn't choiced right now'. I tried both grass knot and signal beam, and come to think of it, there weren't really many situations that I used either of them or would've wanted to use charge beam.

Also thanks Pikachu, I didn't realize it got outsped by those two, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Eos, I love scizor, but arena trap has saved me so many times I'm hard pressed to replace dugtrio. However, Poliwrath hasn't been pulling it's weight due to belly drum hating priority, so I tried replacing him with scizor and I was very impressed with everything about scizor except the choice band, so I decided on (gasp) yet another life orb. Hopefully passing up a choice band on scizor isn't too blasphemous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)