Podcast Logo

Dear Smogon,
I am a student at Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia and I am currently studying a subject called “Digital Media Design”.
The first stage of our project this semester is to choose a podcast we’re interested in and to redesign the podcast identity artwork in consultation with the podcast’s author.
The second stage of the project is to design a number of web banners to animate the new identity and to promote the podcast.
I’m writing to you to ask if you’re willing to allow me to redevelop your podcast identity for the purposes of this project. After completing the subject I’m more than happy for you to use the new artwork and banner for free on your podcast and/or website, and of course all rights to the work will remain yours – although I would like to have permission to use the artwork in my folio to promote my work.
There are some limitations to the artwork style – it must be done in Adobe Illustrator and be vector graphics.
Please let me know if you’re interested. Part of this project is to learn about and to practice client communication and I would be really happy to work with you on the designs.
Thank you very much for your time,
Milton Plotkin

To my understanding you can go crazy, we're not an ugly corporation preying on digital design students and really won't care what you do with the podcast. I think the only thing we have to worry about is whether or not we should spruce up our podcast threads with your artwork!

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To my understanding you can go crazy, we're not an ugly corporation preying on digital design students and really won't care what you do with the podcast. I think the only thing we have to worry about is whether or not we should spruce up our podcast threads with your artwork!
yeah thanks for speaking on behalf of a project you have nothing to do with

anyway if you want to draw stuff go ahead, we probably won't use it though so if that's a class requirement or something, sorry

You do? When I searched iTunes for Smogon, the only result I got was the default one. Perhaps I got the wrong one by mistake.

Thank you for your permission. It really does mean a lot to me. Are there any particular designs or styles I should take into account? (Sorry, I am obligated to ask).

Ok; yes it does look very nice and presentable. I'm not really expecting you to use the one I make, I'm just required to get your permission (which I'm not entirely sure I have) to go forward with the project, that's all. Thank you for your time.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, the artwork isn't in iTunes which I hope our podcast team fixes... I'll let SevenDeadlySins speak on giving permission - just be warned that Smogon doesn't hold the rights to Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)