Pumice Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a terrible item. It offer no more than situational, marginal assistance and is arguably worse than lefties in any given situation

I believe the reason is that they are going to implement a weight limit system in the next generation in order to promote the fight against childhood obesity, after all, if you don't lose weight, you take more damage from grass knot.

As a note, the above is sarcasm.

I believe the reason is that they are going to implement a weight limit system in the next generation in order to promote the fight against childhood obesity, after all, if you don't lose weight, you take more damage from grass knot.
There are no fat kids in Japan, silly.

Even Mail is better, because at least it can't be Tricked
So much win in one comment.

Anyways, I don't see why this was even made- the only moves this would impact are Grass Knot and Low Kick; honestly, name one thing that would fear one of those 2 enough to sacrifice an item slot for it.

I don't see this item getting much use... perhaps some Pokemon who take a lot of damage from Grass Knot (Milotic, Gyarados etc.) can somewhat reduce it's severity but it's not worth the loss of Leftovers for just one move.

Maybe somewhere in the depths on UU, weight matters, maybe with Aggron or something vs. Weavile. Almost no use in OU at all though.
Even then I'd say Chople Berry would be better and effectively reduce the damage by the same amount (I think)

This item was clearly made to make epic win plays.
Predict a trick-scarf and switch in your aggron with pumice stone.
Next turn outspeed and Heavy Bomber directly at the weak point for massive damage.

They can't see through their tears of shame and defeat to continue battling against you.

So you win.

...Is no one else going to question how the fuck a STONE makes you LIGHTER?
Hey, it's a game, it was never supposed to make sense. If it did Octillery won't learn Flamethrower along with other nonsense, and more importantly, Steel types should be weak to Electric attacks since they are good conductors of electricity as well... oh Magnezone would have a much easier time, but I digress. Perhaps the stone makes you less dense or something by reducing the force of gravitational pull of the Earth somehow.

Pretty much useless, not worth switching other useful items for it, same goes with Light Metal, not sure which Pokemon gets is besides Metagross, but I'd use Clear Body Metagross over Light Metal any day.
Scizor can also have it, but face it: who would want to take less damage from Low Kick (Scizor resists Grass Knot, anyway) rather than recieve the Technician Bullet Punch Boost. And Scizor only takes a 100 base power neutral attack. Ditto with Metagross and other pokemon with this ability.

Heat Crash, Icicle Crash, and Heavy Bomber do more damage on lighter opponents.

There are many better options.

Also, @Ride The Lightning I don't think that's true.

you could have a bronzong w/ heavy metal hold it, then trick it on to some poke, and use heavy bomber. it sounds like a useless stone tbh.

I think Aggron might get use out of this possibly, being x4 to low kick and neutral to grass knot, but then again.. yeah, not so common attacks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)