Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wondering if anyone can help.

I mastered shiny RNGing in 4th gen a while back, and am now hoping to master RNGing for flawless bred pokemon. I understand the general theory of the whole thing, but having some trouble with the practice; particularly in that during calibration, my delay values are coming out consistent enough when using Seed Finder in RNG reporter, but my seconds values are all over the place - any ideas why, or ways I can get around the problem?

Also having trouble getting EonTimer, as Norton identifies it as a threat everytime I try to download it...are there any equally good timers, or can someone tell me how to get around this issue - I'm sure it's very simple to rectify, but hey...I'm stupid ^^.

Have a shiny adamant Growlithe egg with flawless IV parents sitting waiting for collection at the day-care, that I would really like to hatch flawless, so would really appreciate any advice!

Wondering if anyone can help.

I mastered shiny RNGing in 4th gen a while back, and am now hoping to master RNGing for flawless bred pokemon. I understand the general theory of the whole thing, but having some trouble with the practice; particularly in that during calibration, my delay values are coming out consistent enough when using Seed Finder in RNG reporter, but my seconds values are all over the place - any ideas why, or ways I can get around the problem.

Have a shiny adamant Growlithe egg with flawless IV parents sitting waiting for collection at the day-care, that I would really like to hatch flawless, so would really appreciate any help!
Firstly, welcome to Smogon! :D!

Honestly, don't worry about the whole calibration phase. If you've done it once, that's all you need.
Just try to hit a delay of about 1,000. As that's easily obtainable without rushing or waiting forever.

You're gonna need to go to the time finder part of RNG reporter, than go to 4th Gen IV's tab. Put in the correct info, than generate and than you'll have the seed to abuse for.

Also, if you'd like to see it a bit more indepth. In my trade thread. I wrote a guide to HGSS Breeding. It's the last post.

Good luck.

Firstly, welcome to Smogon! :D!

Honestly, don't worry about the whole calibration phase. If you've done it once, that's all you need.
Just try to hit a delay of about 1,000. As that's easily obtainable without rushing or waiting forever.

You're gonna need to go to the time finder part of RNG reporter, than go to 4th Gen IV's tab. Put in the correct info, than generate and than you'll have the seed to abuse for.

Also, if you'd like to see it a bit more indepth. In my trade thread. I wrote a guide to HGSS Breeding. It's the last post.

Good luck.
Thanks :) Smogon seemed like the place to come for help with RNGing!

I was just about to clarify that I'm attempting to use Pearl for my RNG abuse - whether or not that particularly affects the importance of the calibration phase I'm not too sure...

Is RNG abusing for breeding flawless IVs in HGSS much easier than D/P?

Also, wanted to confirm that the way people RNG flawless shinies is to RNG abuse first for the nature, ability, shininess of the egg, and then to hit a particular seed/frame to generate the flawless IVs? I assumed it would be..

Thanks :) Smogon seemed like the place to come for help with RNGing!

I was just about to clarify that I'm attempting to use Pearl for my RNG abuse - whether or not that particularly affects the importance of the calibration phase I'm not too sure...

Is RNG abusing for flawless IVs much easier than D/P?

Also, wanted to confirm that the way people RNG flawless shinies is to RNG abuse first for the nature, ability, shininess of the egg, and then to hit a particular seed/frame to generate the flawless IVs? I assumed it would be..
Oh, well I can't help you than.
As I don't know DPPt Breeding, as it's no where near as fast, sufficient, or even worth it. As better egg moves in HGSS along with all the ones from DPPt. So I never bothered learning. Sorry, good luck.

Oh, well I can't help you than.
As I don't know DPPt Breeding, as it's no where near as fast, sufficient, or even worth it. As better egg moves in HGSS along with all the ones from DPPt. So I never bothered learning. Sorry, good luck.
No problem, thanks for trying to help :)

Maybe I should just try HGSS instead.

Does anyone know if the bayleef in the fan club advance frames? cus i just got the correct delay (638) then i know that the roamers (E and R) advances the frame by 3 and my target frame was 114 so that means i have to advancee it by 111 right? or i am wrong? anyway i did use the radio channel bottom left 37 times (37*3 = 111) that means i should be on 114 now? but when i checked later i was on 132 and seed was not correct. can anyone explain what i did wrong?

Does anyone know if the bayleef in the fan club advance frames? cus i just got the correct delay (638) then i know that the roamers (E and R) advances the frame by 3 and my target frame was 114 so that means i have to advancee it by 111 right? or i am wrong? anyway i did use the radio channel bottom left 37 times (37*3 = 111) that means i should be on 114 now? but when i checked later i was on 132 and seed was not correct. can anyone explain what i did wrong?
Probably, just like the pokemons in the daycare advance frames, cause when they're out they act like NPCs

How do I advance the frame when I can't use the phone calls and the radio while I'm trying to rng abuse the Lugia in the cave at the whirl islands on HG/SS?

Well..... That's seems a little difficult for me to do.

Are there any other ways?
Do the advances before you go into Lugia's room. It's possible that during the walk to Lugia your frame may advance, but just do one trial to see if you get any advances and account for that accordingly.

Do the advances before you go into Lugia's room. It's possible that during the walk to Lugia your frame may advance, but just do one trial to see if you get any advances and account for that accordingly.

Okay I'll do that.

But what do you mean by the bold part?

Okay I'll do that.

But what do you mean by the bold part?
Just take whatever seed you hit and go encounter and master ball the Lugia to see if there were any 'rogue' advances due to you walking.

So if you did 3 elm calls to check your seed and your Lugia is on Frame 4, you're good to go. If it's on frame 9 or something, then you can account for that.

As long as you are doing it from the same save point outside Lugia's door, it will always advance or not advance while you are walking. I was fortunate and there were no advances during the approach, it's just something you need to be aware of in case the step counter rolls over during the walk.

I've tried all day to RNG a near perfect Kyogre in HG and I just can't figure out where I'm going wrong. I'm following the Youtube video and everything goes smoothly, I even hit my seed and am right there at Kyogre. After I make the 12 calls to Elm and they're what they're supposed to be, I go to the main screen of RNG Reporter where I plug in the seed and Method K and generate. The problem is, there's no perfect Kyogre.

I'd like to get this done tonight, hopefully someone can help me out.

I've tried all day to RNG a near perfect Kyogre in HG and I just can't figure out where I'm going wrong. I'm following the Youtube video and everything goes smoothly, I even hit my seed and am right there at Kyogre. After I make the 12 calls to Elm and they're what they're supposed to be, I go to the main screen of RNG Reporter where I plug in the seed and Method K and generate. The problem is, there's no perfect Kyogre.

I'd like to get this done tonight, hopefully someone can help me out.
You are suposed to find a seed that has a perfect - as close to perfect - IVs BEFORE you start the whole process. Don't forget to factor in the synchronizer, if you are using one, when you generate a seed in RNG reporter!

You are suposed to find a seed that has a perfect - as close to perfect - IVs BEFORE you start the whole process. Don't forget to factor in the synchronizer, if you are using one, when you generate a seed in RNG reporter!
Thank you for the response. I start by using JavaRNG to find the seed, and I use it throughout the entire process. The seed is 10B042F and the frame is supposed to be 17. I do everything in the video, hit my seed and get all 12 responses from Elm for the seed, and I get to that last step and it just falls apart. I'm also not using a synchronizer.

Thank you for the response. I start by using JavaRNG to find the seed, and I use it throughout the entire process. The seed is 10B042F and the frame is supposed to be 17. I do everything in the video, hit my seed and get all 12 responses from Elm for the seed, and I get to that last step and it just falls apart. I'm also not using a synchronizer.
There's your problem, you need to use a timid synchronizer.
For that seed(10B042F) to get 31/14/31/31/31/31 you need to land on frame 3,5,7,11 or 13.

You can try, just pay attention, cause if you are using pokeRNG, the results usually express the need for a synchronizer. You have to look under method K (no sync.)

You can try, just pay attention, cause if you are using pokeRNG, the results usually express the need for a synchronizer. You have to look under method K (no sync.)
I used Method K with JavaRNG, and Method K with RNGReporter. When I first start on JavaRNG, I make sure to not select synchronizer.

Here are all the possible flawless timid spreads.
Code:
PID: 101433b2 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/28/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 83050357 Method 1: 2643, J (synch): 2440, J (no synch): 2504, K (synch): 2440, K (no synch): 2476) HP DRAGON 68
PID: c5ee7cf6 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 010b042f Method 1: 14, J (synch): 11, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 3, K (no synch): None) HP DRAGON 70
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70
PID: 4cada8e9 (TIMID, ability 1) 31/12/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 0e000277 Method 1: 2185, J (synch): 2140, J (no synch): 2160, K (synch): 2140, K (no synch): 2158) HP DRAGON 68
PID: 9f12a38c (TIMID, ability 0) 31/17/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 260503a0 Method 1: 452, J (synch): 259, J (no synch): 265, K (synch): 259, K (no synch): 283) HP DARK 68
PID: 74714af2 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/9/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 44000295 Method 1: 755, J (synch): 740, J (no synch): 742, K (synch): 738, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 68
PID: e955d07c (TIMID, ability 0) 31/7/31/31/31/31 (Seed: b115045e Method 1: 197, J (synch): 116, J (no synch): 164, K (synch): 116, K (no synch): None) HP DARK 70
I recommend using this one since it's the one with the lowest frame on method K without the need of a syncher.
PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)