Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A scarf Ditto with Eccentric can always outspeed any non-scarf, non-Jolly poke, even after boosting their speed, so it can be very effective
Jolly is irrelevant, since Ditto copies Nature boosts when it copies stats. Choice Scarf on the opponent is, I think, the only way Scarf Ditto doesn't automatically outspeed (aside from a few niche things like Unburden).

Is there a list somewhere that lists what new moves Gen I-IV Pokemon got in Gen V? Both new moves and old moves that they've gotten this gen.

I know some, but I'd like to see a full list.

Does anyone know if FC Battles have a filter like random wifi battles do? ex: no legendaries, no items that arent obtainable in 5th gen

Im wondering because i want to use my pikachu (that i gave a light ball with AR)

Say you want multiple Victinis. If you caught it, traded it to another game, and resetted your save file, could you redownload the Liberty Ticket?

What happens when Pokemon with Dream World abilites evolve into Pokemon with a different Dream World ability? Like Riolu with Prankster into a Lucario, which has Justified as it's Dream World ability.

Funny thing today, don't know if it's been noted.
In Celestial Tower, my Magic Guard Sigilyph got burned by Litwick's Will O Wisp. Nothing strange there, it got the burn, and didn't get damaged further by it. I caught the Litwick and went on my way. Then a trainer battle, still with my burned Sigilyph...and it took damage from the burn! Anybody has any clue what happened?

What type is the worst?
Poison, obviously. That goes without a question. The only Poison-typed moves that are actually used in OU(IIRC) are Toxic(Spikes). Being unable to hit a type that is common in the metagame and is the type of 2 extremely common OUs(Scizor and Heatran) means that Poison is essentially, gtfo.

Poison, obviously. That goes without a question. The only Poison-typed moves that are actually used in OU(IIRC) are Toxic(Spikes). Being unable to hit a type that is common in the metagame and is the type of 2 extremely common OUs(Scizor and Heatran) means that Poison is essentially, gtfo.
On the other hand, Poison is far from a horrid defensive typing to have. Offering a resistance to Fighting is never a bad thing. Ground weakness is eh but if paired with something that resists that...and Psychic weakness isn't horrid.
Ice, on the other hand...-shudders-

Considering that Ice is the fastest way to KO a fully-evolved dragon type(no, Kingdra and Haxorus don't count), I'd hardly say its horrid.

Plus the only Poison type in Gen 4's OU iirc is Gengar, and he'd be honestly better off being Ghost/Fighting(even if it was for the Focus Miss STAB). How is he a poison-type, I dunno.

with so many quality options in gen 5 with fire/water/grass

i cant think of which starter has the best chance at a place in a final team...without being outclassed.

opinions?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
with so many quality options in gen 5 with fire/water/grass

i cant think of which starter has the best chance at a place in a final team...without being outclassed.

opinions?
The water starter is imo the best since there are very few other Water pokemon (only the prianhia and the toed).

Poison is good for Fighting resist and Toxic immune. It's not Dragon or Ice resistant like Steel, but it's also not Fire weak like Steel. Steel is also Ground weak, anyway.

It's not good for attacking, but it's not the worst type to have.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The water starter is imo the best since there are very few other Water pokemon (only the prianhia and the toed).
Really? Do you really think that there's only Samurott, Seismitoad and Basculin? What about Jellicent, Carracosta, Swanna, Simipour and Alomomola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)