VGC 2011 rules up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I get what you mean. However, I'd never expect something like this to hit one of the big arenas in England. While there is a decent amount of floor space, there's more floor space in the venues (usually labelled as exhibition centres) which are usually standing only (like Birmingham's NEC Pavillion was). If they want to be running 2-3 age divisions at the same time, the NEC could probably do that at a push. However, Manchester Central is 10 times larger so it'd be far easier.

We'll see what they do soon hopefully, but they like to hold off most information until literally 2-3 weeks before the event, which is highly annoying as it makes travel more difficult and expensive. I'd like to think we'd get some information on the locations in late April, but I'd more expect early to mid May... :( Hope I'm wrong.

Obvious London choice is the Excel Centre at Docklands, since that's basically NEC London. That said, I can't see there being multiple UK stops, annoyingly. (And Land's End would be great for me, but that's because I'm way too far out of the way. >.>)

I'm also hoping the tournament's a little later in the year - if they're really expecting people to have teams ready in that short a time, then there's something wrong. =/ That said, I'm never exactly hopeful with major organised play...

Hoping for a stop at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.... what i can dream cant i. Better than be manchester, its too far north and well its a hole....

don't know if I'm being a complete Noob, whether this has been said 1000 times already, but is there a proper list of WHAT these Isshu Pokemon are? (IE - say you can legitametely catch a spinarak in BW [example, don't laugh] does that mean you can use an Ariados? or is it ONLY the pokemon that can't be found in DP/Pt)

don't know if I'm being a complete Noob, whether this has been said 1000 times already, but is there a proper list of WHAT these Isshu Pokemon are? (IE - say you can legitametely catch a spinarak in BW [example, don't laugh] does that mean you can use an Ariados? or is it ONLY the pokemon that can't be found in DP/Pt)
Like answered above, Isshu dex only (only new pokemon, exluding 3).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
National Dex #495-642 plus Landorus. In other words, all of the new Pokémon (and only the new ones) minus the event legendaries, mascot dragons, and Kyurem.

I really hope people get on the RNGing so we can put up some competition as quick as possible. xD

Any rumors about the Northeast qualifier? I'm really hoping for one in NY, NJ or CT.

★対戦前にお互いのポケモンの見せ合いは無く、対戦が始まる前までに相手に自分のポケモンが見えることはありません。​
There was no showing of Pokemon fit for each other before the war ★, my Pokemon can see a person not before the game starts.
Consider the balance of the battle, remember that the work of the following Pokemon can not be used.

• フリーフォール​
    Free fall
That's what translate says. Also, on self-KO clause

わざの効果で、お互いのポケモンが同時にひんし状態になった場合​
The effect of the work, if the state on the verge of another Pokemon at the same time

使用した側が負け​
Using the losing side
「じばく」「だいばくはつ」「みちづれ」「いのちがけ」​
"The same exposure," "What Explosion" "Dzure road" "the only life"
使用した側が勝ち​
Using the winning side
「すてみタックル」「ボルテッカー」「フレアドライブ」「とっしん」「じごくぐるま」「ブレイブバード」「ウッドハンマー」「もろはのずつき」「わるあがき」「ワイルドボルト」「アフロブレイク」、「いのちのたま」を所持して使用したわざ​
"Try tackling abandoned" "Borutekka" drive "flare" "Tosshin" "You very same glove" "Bureibubado" hammer "Wood", "The Headbutt edged," "gasp Waru" "Wairudoboruto" "Afurobureiku" "Egg of Life" works owned and used
天気などの効果でお互いのポケモンが同時にひんし状態になった場合​
If the state is on the verge of Pokemon at each other and weather effects

天気のダメージなどターンの終わりに受けるダメージで全てのポケモンがひんしになる場合は、素早さ順になり、先に倒れた方が負けになります。​
When a Pokemon is on the verge of all damage caused by weather damage, such as the end of the turn, and quickness in order, you lose those fallen away.

特性・どうぐの反撃のダメージでお互いのポケモンが同時にひんし状態になった場合​
Pokemon at the same time if the state of each other on the verge of a counterattack immediately if property damage

「さめはだ」「ゆうばく」「ヘドロえき」「てつのトゲ」「ゴツゴツメット」などでダメージを与えた側が勝ちになります。​
"'m Awake," "exposure" Yu "slime station", "Tetsu thorns" "Gotsugotsumetto" damaging side will win and so on.

Is there a list of where they usually come? Should I expect anywhere in the southeast of America? Maybe Nashville? Better yet Birmingham?

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Is there a list of where they usually come? Should I expect anywhere in the southeast of America? Maybe Nashville? Better yet Birmingham?
Locations change per year but there's one positioned in every portion of the US for the most part.

The southeast regional in 09 was in Nashville and Atlanta in 10.

Knew this for a while but it may be interesting with Unova Pokemon and now B/W have come out A LOT of people have found A LOT of new strategies...

Thougt sky drop would get fixed in later versions then the japanese?, I tested it in my PAL Black version.

the glitch is still there

I used sky drop on a wild(double battle) watchog first turn, while switching in my Sigilyph(since it was faster then Tornadus) and used sky drop

Next turn I used gravity, and everyone "fell down", but watchog couldn´t attack in the 2 next turns, something that tornados could. So basicly it´s very easy to assume it´ll still be banned in other regions then japan.

I am going to the Mississauga event (and it's free too? More randoms = more wins)
XD Yup, I do not mind paying a few extra quid for some n00bs even if it was not free...seeing how this may be in May (xD, pun) I can not belive I have already gotten to the 6th Gym and have almost 2 and a half months to train up my teams and breed ^^

Did anyone notice that in the English rules, they didn't include the fact that Victini etc. are banned. If this is not a huge mistake, I'm spamming Victini all over regionals.

Did anyone notice that in the English rules, they didn't include the fact that Victini etc. are banned. If this is not a huge mistake, I'm spamming Victini all over regionals.
Are you talking about this announcement?
http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_vgc2011_announce-2011-01-27/

Did you notice that it says:
pokemon.com said:
Look out for more details after the release of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version!
and also, by your logic to what was said:
pokemon.com said:
Players will be limited to Pokémon from the Unova Pokédex only, and no two Pokémon on a player’s team can have the same Pokédex number.
I would also be able to use Zekrom/Reshirom - but as we know from the Japanese rules, it is
#495-Snivy to
#642-Thundurus, and
#645-Landorus.

Since Victini is BEFORE Snivy, Victini will not be allowed. Nice try though.

Anybody else call Nintendo of America to see if they were true? I was told:"no official rules have been or will be leaked/announced befor the Nintendo hq in Japan can regroup and finish the details. No information should be regarded as true at this point."

Anybody else call Nintendo of America to see if they were true? I was told:"no official rules have been or will be leaked/announced befor the Nintendo hq in Japan can regroup and finish the details. No information should be regarded as true at this point."
Nintendo of America is not running the Pokemon tournaments - TPCI is. That is why they could not give you accurate info.

You need to contact TPCI directly - http://www.pokemon.com/us/customer-service/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)