Bummer's Art Shack

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love both the comics. Great job Bummer!

Could I request one about Shaymin-S and Jirachi! You should know what I'm referring to with them ;)

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So you know how Luvdisc and Alomomola/Mamanbou look extremely similar, yet are completely unrelated?

Just a thought.

So you know how Luvdisc and Alomomola/Mamanbou look extremely similar, yet are completely unrelated?

Just a thought.
Yeah, only reason I know of Shell Break is because of Serebii.net-

shut up shut up SHUT UP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Seriously though, I bet a lot of people here are looking to a comic featuring pokemon from Black and White!

Or at least the mechanics.

Garbagemon at least deserves something!

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi i have noticed an idiosyncrasy of the pokemon games and even though i have no idea how to properly execute it as a humourous concept i will post it here as a request anyway

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seriously though, I bet a lot of people here are looking to a comic featuring pokemon from Black and White!
Ordered my copy yesterday, so I'll probably get it later this week (didn't know that one could play it on a regular DS until yesterday (derp)).

Just a thought.
Yeah that came as a complete surprise too. Especially so since Luvdisc really needed a powerboost in the form of another evolution.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey Bummer i love your comics, really funny stuff =) But enough talk.

the only real suggestion i could think of involved Bug Catcher trainers and gym leaders trying to own you with Metapod/Kakuna using Harden... dunno if its comic worthy but thought i'd suggest it =)

keep up the good work dude!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi i have noticed an idiosyncrasy of the pokemon games and even though i have no idea how to properly execute it as a humourous concept i will post it here as a request anyway
Hi I like to post such idiosyncrasies of the games and even though I do have an idea as to how to execute it I prefer to leave it open to the artist and not to force my sense of humour onto someone.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the only real suggestion i could think of involved Bug Catcher trainers and gym leaders trying to own you with Metapod/Kakuna using Harden...
Harden has been used generously as joke material, both in other funny images and the fourth official pokemon episode (NOT THAT I CARE OR ANYTHING), so if I were to use it we need to go further than that move alone.

Is this one of those magic eye trcks? Cause I can't see your request or your idiosyncrasy.

even though I do have an idea as to how to execute it I prefer to leave it open to the artist and not to force my sense of humour onto someone.
Even if you don't, other people will, but you need to take the good with the bad when one enables the option to voice suggestions. I personally doesn't mind plenty of details or a thorough description of the scenario, because it doesn't take much to see the main point of it and I can more easily understand what the suggestor had in mind.

I mean sure, I still have the option to decline or suggest stuff to their suggestions, but the issue of forcing one's humor onto me is entirely irrelevant imo as I do nothing but enforce my own humor elsewhere. I have several sites dedicated for that very purpose! Including this thread! The secret is out!

also in other news I got my copy of Pokemon Black today. Gonna pick the fire starter!

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
Well one thing that does peeve me a bit about the anime series is how Team Rocket somehow manage to survive anything thrown at them, for example I seem to remember a pokemon using explode on them, and for them to fly off into the sky- only to return the next episode. As far as I see it their brains should be splattered against the wall.

I aplogise if anyway has picked up on this before, but I dont have the time to look through your entire works and thread.

The rest of your work looks great though! How do you find the time for all this? It's all of such a great standard, I struggle to do a comic strip in a week ^^;

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Well one thing that does peeve me a bit about the anime series is ho-
I don't target the anime show. As much as I'd love to draw Team Rocket in their moment of pain and agony, I'd rather stick to the games themselves.

How do you find the time for all this? It's all of such a great standard, I struggle to do a comic strip in a week ^^;
Over time, I've gotten more used to my tablet I suppose, and also becoming more confident in drawing the anatomy and other details instead of redoing and redoing and redoing things until I get satisfied. Filling in the colors is pretty easy with the Magic Wand in Photoshop once all the outlines are in place, and since I've made Expand Selection and Fill into two convenient button-commands my coloring process has become slightly faster.

I also just recently picked up a trick which enables me to color the outlines faster, which in turn makes the shading process less extensive (it's the Lock-Pixel button).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
You should make a comic about how winning trainers get to mug the losers of half their money.
Super Effective has already done this, BUT, I already had an idea on how to use it in a different manner. It's a bit further back in production line though.

Oh...my...guanno. The "Rage" expression has got to be the best thing I've ever seen. Nice entry Bummer!

I don't know if this has been done, but how is it that Snorlax can use Fly from Metronome? I was playing Fire Red and almost shit my pants when it said "Snorlax flew high into the air".

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
If you saw this, would you click on it?

Gonna make one or two other banners in the same dimensions later on.

I don't know if this has been done, but how is it that Snorlax can use Fly from Metronome? I was playing Fire Red and almost shit my pants when it said "Snorlax flew high into the air".
It was even better to see it in practise in the first Pokemon Stadium game, where he would jump high in the air and then stay up there while shaking his arms.

Don't know if I should make such an event into a strip though. I try to avoid doing stuff for the sake of the 'lulz' (although exceptions do happen!).

i think the "turn that frown upside-down" would look better between the two gastly, but that's just me.

and yes i would definitely click on it.

Those expressions are priceless. I tried clicking it...then cicked it some more just to see what would happen. As TEA_DEMON said, the layout would flow better if "Turn that frown upside down" was inbetween the two Ghastly. Just a thought.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Will be uploading this one later today. I'll touch up the third panel to make things more exciting and shiny, but otherwise I'm pretty content with how it is currently. But feel free to prove me wrong!

i think the "turn that frown upside-down" would look better between the two gastly, but that's just me.
As TEA_DEMON said, the layout would flow better if "Turn that frown upside down" was inbetween the two Ghastly. Just a thought.
Thanks for the input guys. Having the text between them is one of the options I had in the beginning, but the reason why it was placed to the right was so that the Gastlies would be shown meeting each other instead of just looking. If the text would be in the middle, I feel it would become some sort of barrier with the good and evil on each side respectively, but with the text on the sidelines, it just becomes a weird encounter. Which is sort of more suitable to the strip it's originally based upon.

I'm probably overthinking it though. Either way, the next banner I have in store will have the text in the center, as your advice is definitly a well founded one.

and yes i would definitely click on it.
Radbones.

how about doing one where while your surfing you use fly and the surfing 'mon gets left behind or something
I know someone has pulled this gag before, I can go search for that strip later. I might be a bit paranoid about staying original in regard to the jokes, but I also feel that I shouldn't be putting effort into something which already had been done before.

I can't be sure I've seent hem all but I'll ask. Is there one about how trainers stand in the same spot all day every day. They never sleep. They never move. They do nothing but stop people on the road.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I can't be sure I've seent hem all but I'll ask. Is there one about how trainers stand in the same spot all day every day. They never sleep. They never move. They do nothing but stop people on the road.
My rushed trainer graph touched that scenario, but rather subtedly. Going further with some actual panels wouldn't be a dumb idea!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)