Electivire

Well since its counterpart Bulb is one time use i dont see any reason for the mechanics to be differant for this as well.

I've been using Electivire to moderate success this Generation. Basically, I lure in Electric attacks by using my bulky Vaporeon to absorb attacks and restore health with wish. Then I send in Electivire and fire off attacks with my boost in speed.

I have been noticing much more ease than last generation as the op said, Rotom formes lose their second typing, and they were a pain last generation... now, I find that I am usually able to get a KO or two in, sometimes I can even sweep with him.

I've been running this set:
Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Wild Bolt
~ Ice Punch
~ Cross Chop
~ Earthquake

It provides rather good coverage, and I run Ice Punch instead of my former Fire Punch so I can get Dragons who think they can set up on me and Ground types who try to revenge me.

Did he really call Electivire a competitive reject?

I think he called Electivire a competitive reject.

Your opinions are fun and cute, and all, but you might want to repeat that to the guy with the ability that nets him both an immunity to Electric attacks and a speed boost, a monster Attack stat, and (provided you run Fire Punch and not the useless/unreliable Cross Chop) a movepool that can send quite a number of the OU sweepers crying to their mothers. Anything with a x2+ weakness to Electricity? Check. Any Dragon/Ground, Dragon/Flying, or otherwise x4 weak to Ice? Check. Scizor? Check.

This baby, in tandem with my finely-honed skills of prediction, has personally won 3/4 of my battles. But, I guess that kind of thing is sure to happen when you run Gyarados as your lead.

Well physical sweeper that cant beat the best physical wall(Hippowdon) sucks and thats for sure a huge problem along with his fraility. Also being electric type been a problem for e-vire this gen

Electivire is an unfairly bashed pokemon.

There's really nothing wrong with this pokemon, it might not be the most threatening in OU but it's very, very far from being a "noob pokemon".
I agree with this. Particularly last generation, I noticed a lot of new players just going around saying "Electivire sucks" to make themselves look good. Ironically a lot of the "n00bs" themselves were slating Electivire to make themselves look like "non-n00bs", but when you actually played them, or talked to them about other Pokemon...

Actually it was the new or crappy players last gen used electivire because they thought he was good. No actually good player ever touched electivire.

Hippowdon isn't that common considering Ferrothorn is a better physical wall overall and Tyranitar is the premier sandstreamer.

Electivire is an unfairly bashed pokemon. It has superb coverage, a very useful ability that grants it good enough speed to sweep, a good offensive and defensive typing and it's fairly unpredictable.
Hippowdown is very common. PO's usage statistic for it is 24th most used overall, over that of Breloom and Politoed.

Electivire is bashed because it misses on so many OHKOs that it needs to hit on. It just lacks the power it needs to be a full on sweeper, even with hazards.

Did he really call Electivire a competitive reject?

I think he called Electivire a competitive reject.

Your opinions are fun and cute, and all, but you might want to repeat that to the guy with the ability that nets him both an immunity to Electric attacks and a speed boost, a monster Attack stat, and (provided you run Fire Punch and not the useless/unreliable Cross Chop) a movepool that can send quite a number of the OU sweepers crying to their mothers. Anything with a x2+ weakness to Electricity? Check. Any Dragon/Ground, Dragon/Flying, or otherwise x4 weak to Ice? Check. Scizor? Check.

This baby, in tandem with my finely-honed skills of prediction, has personally won 3/4 of my battles. But, I guess that kind of thing is sure to happen when you run Gyarados as your lead.
So it can beat stuff that's 4x weak to its moves? Cool.

Wild Charge and Balloon help a little, but it still lacks a really good way to boost it's own stats and can't really get many important OHKOs without them. If there existed a physical version of Butterfly Dance however that could be passed this guy could be the veritable physical version of Nidoking for this generation.

Meditate + Motor Drive = Poor Man's Dragon Dance

But yeah, the main thing holding Electivire back is it's low BP moves. Not getting past Hippowdon is pretty big, given that Hippowdon can KO with EQ the next turn.If you think about it, all of the premier physical sweepers, Dory, Terakion, Garchomp, can all get past Hippowdon with superpowered STAB moves. Vire can't do that.

Not other than smeargle anyway, lol

But yeah, Evire needs to go special to get past most of his counters, and the best he can manage is an HP Ice vs. most bulky grounds, so sad to say he will probably remain in the absolute bottom of UU (his coverage might still make him threatening enough to avoid NU). If only he got Grass Knot, even with its mediocre SpAtk it could probably 2hko bulky grounds on the switch with LO.

The idea of having to rely on a physical sweeper to beat a physical wall is already flawed in the first place (it's like complaining that your special sweeper can't beat Blissey) and in any case Hippowdon isn't that common considering Ferrothorn is a better physical wall overall and Tyranitar is the premier sandstreamer.

Electivire is an unfairly bashed pokemon.
It's not at all unfair.

Try to stop Lucario with a "wall." Go.

Infernape can +2 both attack and special attack, while Electivire can't do either.

Infernape has 120 BP STAB moves on both physical and special sides. Electivires's best STAB moves are 95 and 90 BP (previously 75).

Infernape has useful priority moves, while Electivire doesn't.

Infernape outspeeds more stuff without needing to boost.

Etc...

Then don't randomly throw Electivire in a team, but make use of entry hazards to turn those 2HKO's in OHKO's.
Infernape had the exact same problem but it was never bashed. Electivire is just as effective.
bullshit

Infernape has Fire Blast, Flare Blitz and Close Combat. G4 Electivire's best STAB was Thunder Punch. That's not really something to be impressive of.

And as my math recalls, 120 > 75. Infernape has lower attack but it actually has the high-power moves to KO stuff. Electivire's attacks don't pack that much 'oomph' and he's usually leaving everything at 1-7% HP. An enemy, if not dead, can still attack at full power(unless its bsArcheops)

tl;dr: Nape has 3 120 BP STAB moves. Electivire doesn't get Volt Tackle, end of story.

Well usualy IF you can hit it super effectively IN the spectrum it is weak to(in E-vire case against Hippo with HP and ice punch) it should at least be able to hinder it. However as we all know, not only hippo is so bulky and wall even LO alakazam but e-vire overall also has dissapointingly weak moves.

Not to mention how hard it is to find electric attack nowadays.

And infernape ? yeah infernape is able to OHKO Blissey, Skarm AND 2HKO Hippo. Definitely better in term of sweeper than E-vire who cant 2HKO Hippo with super effective attack with special attack.

But i still agree e-vire is very bashed. It is still usable despite these glaring flaws

tehy

Banned deucer.
My hippowdon can buttfuck any version of electivire;Except maybe specs using ice beam on the switch.

Which never happens;ever.

If it has a balloon, i set up stockpiles and let damage from sandstorm rack up;phaze it at my leisure.

Of course electrive can't break thru hippodown, that's why it has teammates :P

Just switch with latios or any powerful sweeper and spam surf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)