Victini

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He does a bulky mixed set better
Wrong. Victini does both Choiced and LO sets better mostly because of that one move, coupled with that fact that his stats and movepool are already better.

but 'omg v-generate' is exactly what I don't like seeing, since it's largely unjustified.
That mostly because you don't know what you're talking about and probably haven't even touched V-Generate Victini. I have one on my team and it's tearing up PO ladder. If you had any decent experience with it yourself, you wouldn't touch Darmanitan ever again.

That's exactly what I was thinking! :o

Choice Scarf/Focus Sash in order to swap before being KOed. I would say Choice Scarf myself, as Focus Sash is less useful in Double Battles.
Focus sash would be more reliable IMO. with choice scarf, spinda only reaches 360 speed max. still outsped by a good amount of pokemon. With focus sash, spinda can only be stopped by sandstorm, hail, priority, and taunt.

Choice Scarf allows it to be faster than Victini so it can give victini Perversity before it lowers its stats while attacking with VGenerate. Unless perversity reverces stat changes that have already occurred.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Choice Scarf allows it to be faster than Victini so it can give victini Perversity before it lowers its stats while attacking with VGenerate. Unless perversity reverces stat changes that have already occurred.
Perversity reverses the boosts and drops of stat-changing moves, not the effect of the boosts and drops themselves. That's why its effects can be Baton Passed without changing back, for example.

breh

強いだね
so in the end.. what.. this guy is more of a physical menace or special?
When V-Generate is released, Physical.

For now, Special. 93% acc. Fire Blast and 77% acc. Thunder/Focus Blast are not to be taken lightly.

SR weakness makes it a lot less formidable though...

In 2v2, you have a Balloon Groudon (whom deters Stone Edge, Rock Slide, *and EQ for Victini's sake) set up Drought (which weakens Surf) but switch to Victini while Scarf Spinda uses Skill Swap on the first turn.

This way Victini will be out on the field first turn less likely to face a move it is weak to, while V-Gen will be 270 Base Power. Second turn it will get a Boost to Spe, Def, and SpD from Perversity, while Spinda switches out to Cherrim to further boost Atk and SpD.

The Victini I caught in my game is Naughty with a 31 Attack IV. Any use for this at all, seeing as most of its moves are special?

Not sure about the other IVs, I only know it's 31 Attack because it 'Likes to thrash about'. :naughty:

The Victini I caught in my game is Naughty with a 31 Attack IV. Any use for this at all, seeing as most of its moves are special?

Not sure about the other IVs, I only know it's 31 Attack because it 'Likes to thrash about'. :naughty:
Likes to thrash about means its highest IV is Atk and that its Atk IV is 31, 26, 21, 16, 11, 6 or 1, not that it is 31 necessarily. You can cross compare with the IV checker dude I think to ascertain which of these it is, however.

WallBreaker
Victini @ Life Orb
Ev's: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
- Work Up
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Brick Break

Great coverage, and after a Work Up, Fire Blasts will hurt anything. Brick Break is mostly for Blissey. Ferrothorn and Skarmory will not even dream of switching in, and from that point you should have a clear shot at a sweep.

For now, Special. 93% acc. Fire Blast and 77% acc. Thunder/Focus Blast are not to be taken lightly.

SR weakness makes it a lot less formidable though...
Oh, I forgot about Victory Star.

And Psychic+Electric has rather good accuracy.

Also, isn't +1 Accuracy Thunder 93%? I remember that being said on the Galavanta thread. And if 75% Thunder is boosted to 93%... What is 85% Fire Blast boosted to?!

Skill Swap is a Gen 4 only TM. End of story.
Face, meet palm.

However, in double checking this, I found out Spinda gets Rapid Spin as an egg move. Wut?

Oh. Well, then. Thanks.

Still, Thunder is not 77%, as it has 75% before the boost. It's 75*1.1=82.5%

So Thunder basically gets the Accuracy of Fire Blast without the boost. Time to SR for a Modest/Timid Victini.
It's 77% after the boost. Thunder does have 70% accuracy actually.

I saw a set on another thread, and I thought it would do quite well:

Antini (Anti-Lead)
Victini@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
-Death Gambit (or whatever it is in English)
-Searing Shot
-U-Turn
-Thunder

As Victini is weak to Stealth Rock, it functions relatively well in the lead spot. 252 HP EVs and Death Gambit, along with 252 Speed EVs, Timid, and a Choice Scarf ensure a speedy death to anything that has Base 100 or lower HP. U-Turn get you out of anything that has higher than B100 HP. The other of the moves are largely filler, though they do provide decent (or not...) coverage.

I saw a set on another thread, and I thought it would do quite well:

Antini (Anti-Lead)
Victini@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
-Death Gambit (or whatever it is in English)
-Flame Bomb
-U-Turn
-Thunder

As Victini is weak to Stealth Rock, it functions relatively well in the lead spot. 252 HP EVs and Death Gambit, along with 252 Speed EVs, Timid, and a Choice Scarf ensure a speedy death to anything that has Base 100 or lower HP. U-Turn get you out of anything that has higher than B100 HP. The other of the moves are largely filler, though they do provide decent (or not...) coverage.

This is a moveset I made over in the Desperation thread. Since it's for Victini, I may as well bring it over here.

Victory Revenger:
Victini w/ Choice Scarf + Victory Star
Hasty/Naive nature. 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Atk
-Desperation (that is what it's called, right?)
-Overheat
-Brick Break (If only he got Superpower/Close Combat...)
-Shadow Ball

100 base speed, 252 speed Evs, a speed+ nature and a Choice Scarf. So pretty frelling fast. I'm pretty sure the only things he won't outspeed are enemies with >100 base speed and either a Choice Scarf or a +2 boost. Desperation combined with that speed lets him come in and go off like a bomb, especially with 252 HP Evs. Overheat is another powerful option if you aren't quite ready to sacrifice him to the greater good, Brick Break deals with Blissey (If only he got one of the two moves I suggested), and Shadow Ball deals with Ghosts hoping to come in for free and/or make him kill himself for nothing.
EVs are for speed and maximum output from Desperation, with the extra dumped into Sp. Atk for a stronger Overheat and Shadow Ball. Oh, yes. If you do go with Focus Blast over Brick Break, run a Timid nature.

tencharlimit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)