CAP 12 CAP 1 - Part 4 -(Stat Limits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with reachzero's post: with CAP1's unique typing giving it resistances to many common Physical attacking types, we need to heavily invest more in Special Defense than Physical so it can stay in on threats like Latios and Chandelure. As for its attacking stats, I don't think they really need to be incredibly high, as CAP1's typing naturally gives it access to powerful STAB moves that will scare out Pokemon and keep others from switching in.

So, to conclude, here are my votes:

Physical Tankiness: 6
Special Tankiness: 7
Physical Sweepiness: 5
Special Sweepiness: 5

I agree with reachzero's post: with CAP1's unique typing giving it resistances to many common Physical attacking types, we need to heavily invest more in Special Defense than Physical so it can stay in on threats like Latios and Chandelure. As for its attacking stats, I don't think they really need to be incredibly high, as CAP1's typing naturally gives it access to powerful STAB moves that will scare out Pokemon and keep others from switching in.

So, to conclude, here are my votes:

Physical Tankiness: 6
Special Tankiness: 7
Physical Sweepiness: 5
Special Sweepiness: 5
This CAP is meant to have significant weaknesses. Rather than trying to cover those, we should play to its strengths and emphasize its already good ability to take physical hits.

We should also avoid split attacking stats. As has been said, this CAP is meant to do certain things well, not everything decently. Both attacking stats have some good arguments in favor of them, but ignoring that point for now, I'd say it should have stats that look like one of these two possibilities:

PS: 6 / 4
PT: 7
SS: 4 / 6
ST: 6

I'd like to note that CAP 1 isn't going to be taking LO Draco Meteors from Latios very well unless it has Suicune-level special bulk (i.e. "Excellent" ST) and it invests heavily into HP/SpD. It seems to me, though, that no one wants to go that far. However, I am convinced that CAP 1 should at least be able to tank stuff like +1 LO Virizion HP Ice. In fact, I find that a pretty great benchmark, giving "Very Good" ST like I think Paradox implied earlier.

On my itouch out of town but I want to throw this stuff in:

I'm largely in favor of a balanced spread biased slightly toward defenses. I feel though that a higher attack stat would be bad. Because of the great STABs and high-powered moves granted on the physical side, I'm reluctant to add possible power behind those. The highly unpredictable movepool available to special attackers benefits this cap a lot more as I see it in gaining momentum in unpredictability, and it needs a decent (not great, but decent) special attack stat to take advantage of that.

I agree that we should try and capitalize on its already good physical resists, without being too adversely effected by intimidate and burn, and go with a spread of something like:

• PS: 4
  • SS: 6
  • PT: 7
  • ST: 5

I agree with Rolf : Balanced and good-but-not-great defenses (and physical is better, to use well its typing), passable physical sweepiness (the more powerful STABs hampers greatly a BU set) and nice special sweepiness : we can, for example, switch in a predicted EQ and threatens it with Air Slash or a new move.

I think special side of the spectrum is better in order to gain momentum. With my spread, I found it :
PS: 7
PT: 5
SS: 7 (decent speed increases quickly the rating)
ST: 6

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The stat limits for this CAP are 165 for PTank (Very Good), 165 for STank (Very Good), 95 for PSweep (Below Average) and 175 for SSweep (Very Good). I anticipate that not every stat spread will push the limits to the maximum, of course, but these are the upper limits that we don't want to cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)