This... is... CLOYSTER! Um, I mean SPARTA!

Up to 309 now. Thinking about celebrating by making myself an Uber team, but first and foremost, I would like to present to you the team that got me there. And I'm not even done peaking yet. I did get to 278 once, but then I lost... via having died to a Bronzong :(

The team at a glance:

And no this isn't just some random collection of sweepers and walls... its a GOOD collection of sweepers and walls, and if you steal this team and end up losing, its your own damn fault. Now, on with showing these guys off.

Evil Homer

Sableye@Leftovers
Prankster
Careful: 252HP, 120Def, 136SDf

Night Shade
Taunt
Toxic
Recover

My usual lead, although I'll likely swap to Forry the minute I see an anti-lead... 'cause this guy sucks against anti-leads. For the types that just wanna get their rocks up on the other hand, this guy kicks their asses hands down. Hell, I'll usually even try to tank with this guy at the very beginning of the game. EV's to its HP and Defenses do help in that regard; just remind me not to try and handle the big guns.

Night Shade's there in case I get outsped and Taunted (which is pretty damn hard to do unless the enemy shares my guys Prankster ability, 'cause otherwise they'll get Taunted first) or if some bastard decides to run Magic Coat, in which case I'm not entirely screwed. Taunt stops rocks and stuff cold: you can run as much more speed than me as you like and you'll still get Taunted. That's the beauty of Prankster :) Toxic helps me outtank any walls I come across that aren't either Poison or Steel, and Recover's for being Captain Obvious.

Death Trap

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Shadow Tag
Timid: 4HP, 252SAt, 252Spe

Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Hidden Power (Ground)

My second ghost, and one of my most trusted revenge killers. And I owe it all to its ability in Shadow Tag, as well as its massive Special Attack stat. Now, if only it had more than 80 Speed (115 would be nice =D), then it would even more awesome sauce. But, I suppose you gotta balance it somehow, although the glaring SR weakness does help in my honest opinion >_>

Moving on, Overheat is the main STAB, being both more powerful AND slightly more accurate than Fire Blast. In truth, it even hits stuff like Conkeldurr harder than Psychic would. Shadow Ball is the other STAB. Energy Ball finishes off weakened bulky Waters and lastly there's HP Ground. Yes I know people often run HP Ice instead, and if I wanted to be walled by Heatran, I would've done the same. But I don't. So I won't. True, they could always run the Balloon, but even if they do, I'll just pop it first.

Drug Dealer

Breloom@Life Orb
Technician
Jolly: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe

Bullet Seed
Mach Punch
Rock Tomb
Spore

Shame I couldn't find an animated sprite for this bastard yesterday. Apparently Arkeis.com couldn't give me one at the time :( Oh well, it's fixed now so no matter, on with a brief history lesson. I originally had an Adamant nature instead of a Jolly one, and Wake-Up Slap instead of Mach Punch, idea being that I'd Spore on the first switch, Rock Tomb on the second and hit that second guy much harder. But then I got pissed off with TTar outspeeding me, so I switched to Jolly. And then I remembered Rock Tomb's shoddy accuracy, hence why Mach Punch is there. I was glad I did those two things, 'cause after that time, a Scizor showed up, expecting to Bullet Punch me to death.

Anyway, Bullet Seed for dealing with Subs, Mach Punch as a precaution when Rock Tomb misses, in which case I'll need it. Rock Tomb does two things. A) it stops me from being walled by Bugs and Flying guys that the other Brelooms seem to want to get walled by, B) it slows things down, immediately, which is why I'm running it over Stone Edge, which is more powerful, and Rock Slide which is more accurate and C) it catches Espeon and Xatu by surprise... well that's what I'm hoping, since they'll likely come in to try to catch the Spore... that I won't be doing >:) Did I mention this guy knows Spore as well?

Spike Ball

Forretress@Shed Shell
Sturdy
Impish: 252HP, 252Def, 4SDf

Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

Basic idea here: get in, drop some shit on the battlefield, get the enemy's shit off the battlefield if there is any, get out. And I mean out, no Magnet Pulling/Shadow Tagging bullshit here. Actually, I just decided to swap Lefties for this Shed Shell after encountering a Magnezone today... shut up. Besides, you don't need Lefties on everyone do ya?

Rapid Spin gets shit off the battlefield. The rest of my movepool contains my entire arsenal of entry hazards. There's the ominous Stealth Rock, which you should know about if you've ever done any 4th or 5th Genning (if you haven't, it kills off a varying amount of health upon switch in, depending on your weakness/resistance to Rock). Then there's Spikes which'll hurt like hell if I manage to get all 3 layers down, and lastly there's Toxic Spikes, which Toxifies anything that comes in, considering I get both layers.

The Blob

Jellicent@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm: 252HP, 40Def, 216SDf

Scald
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Recover

Think I've done this right... anyway, this is my third and final ghost. I also rely on this mon to do most of my tanking, and for good reason. You can throw any special attack at this oversized jellyfish, even ones that're super effective, and it'll survive at least half of them with ease. And unlike most bulky Waters, this guy's not so reliant on HP Electric, as its STAB Shadow Ball will often do enough for my purposes, unless I'm fighting something like Gyara.

Scald's my main STAB, mostly 'cause it has the chance to burn stuff. Even if it doesn't, I've got a few EVs in Defense and full EVs in HP that'll help me take some (not any gargantuan) physical hits in the mean time. Shadow Ball deals with enemy Bulky Waters and Ice Beam deals with Dragons and stuff. Oh, and Recover allows this guy to keep on trucking.

Screw 'Da Rules

Cloyster@White Herb
Skill Link
Jolly: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe

Shell Blade
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Shell Smash

Named after Kaiba's quote in the Yugioh Abridged Series (well, technically it's "Screw 'da rules, I have money," but that doesn't fit in this (stupid) simulator thing). Now known as a force to be reckoned with thanks to a greatly improved Icicle Spear along with a new move in Shell Smash, Cloyster will likely be my ace-in-the-hole, assuming I manage to take down some key threats first, like Empoleon and that stupid pony Keldeo. I originally had a Life Orb here, but changed to a White Herb so I could negate my Defense drops. This allows me to survive most random priority moves, like that coveted Bullet Punch for example...

Shell Blade is my first STAB, and one that stops Steels from ruining my sweep. Icicle Spear is the main one, capable of dealing a ton of damage. Rock Blast stops bulky Waters from getting any ideas (except the ones I mentioned above) and Shell Smash makes the sweep possible in the first place. There's a reason I've added him to my team... at times, he can be a one-man wrecking ball.

So there you have it. Rate it, hate it, flog it, w/e, doesn't concern me. But do not suggest anything I've already talked about here (except maybe HP Electric on Jellicent); if you used your eyes, you would've seen why I decided against them in the first place. I'm open to any other suggestions though, so if I missed anything, fire away.

Okay, I know you addressed HP Ice on Shandera, and that Heatran walls that set, but A) most Heatrans are carrying balloons and I don't know how you plan to pop it while choice locked
2) With Shadow Tag, you get to control what Pokemon Shandera is matched against, and switch him out without a double switch. Hence, when you see Heatran, Shandera can retreat and let someone else deal with the floating toad menace

I'm no expert, in fact I'm almost totally new to the scene, so I'm not trying to tell you HP Ice is better - I'm more hoping for clarification on if my thought process here is wrong.

On loom, have SD over rock tomb. After one SD, mach punch can KO Excadrill and bullet seed comes close to OHKOing even bulky Gyara. After Rocks, it may, not exactly sure.
Fire Blast on Chandelure is better than Overheat, because of Scarf. Scarf allows Chandelure to keep going with its sweeping. Modest nature FB OHKOes Conkeldurr to give you an idea. Which is a common next switch in, expecting timid nature (even though i would say that timid is a better choice in most situations) and then to payback KO the candle.
Other than that, it isn't too bad of a team, GL~

Fire Blast on Chandelure is better than Overheat, because of Scarf. Scarf allows Chandelure to keep going with its sweeping.
Not when the enemy switches to Heatran it doesn't... Also, not all Heatrans carry the Balloon in the first place. There's still the odd Scarfed ones that've been around since 4th gen, and I've even seen an RMT with a Life Orbed Tran. Plus, the game tells you when you run across a balloon. Actually, I WAS thinking of switching to HP Fighting/Water, but they both ruin its Speed. Guess I'll resort to popping that damned Balloon with Jellicent. I hardly plan to sweep to with Chandy anway, I'll just stick to the whole hit and run strategy, where Overheat is vastly superior.

As for Breloom, power's not my main concern, its more speed issues than anything. Plus the fact that it gets walled hard by 3 types, Poison, Flying and Bug. That's I was complementing Stone Edge, but found Rock Tomb more useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)