Battle Subway

how easy is it getting bp in this and whats the best train to grind? really annoyed i cant bring over all my life orbs, lefties, bands etc.

I didn't really have a proper team for multi-battles but I lost once to the leaders due to hax. Flinch+crit in one turn is no fun. At last I beat them, though hax of my own. lol (Video: 82-75163-44972)

By the way for those who played in multi-battle, has the AI gone more stupider? My partner seems to like to use Earthquake when it's regular damage on opposing foes, and ends up fainting my Pokemon instead.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wasn't aware you're presented with a trophy that's showcased in your own room after beating a master.

currently marching through singles with lo terra, sashplot thundurus and scarf haxorus. ill review my streak once its over..

So yeah, asked this in the "Ask Simple Questions" thread, but didn't actually notice this thread.

Has anyone figured out if it was possible to use the WFC to play with a friend in Battle Subway ala HG/SS Battle Tower team-up/co-op?

This fucking place.... GAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I keep losing to like,the dumbest things. And why do ALL the blissey know attract thunder wave and aromatherapy?
Damn game freak, my pokemon rant good with out thee items,and now after all the work I did to obtain them,NOW I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN,BUT WITH EVIL TROLL BLISSEY AROUND EVERY CORNER!!!!

Sorry for any spelling errors....and the rant.

I wasn't aware you're presented with a trophy that's showcased in your own room after beating a master.

currently marching through singles with lo terra, sashplot thundurus and scarf haxorus. ill review my streak once its over..
Dude, I'm really interested in this. How well does a scarfer fare in the subway? Personally, I've only used scarf magmortar and porygon-z in the past, and both sucked.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not suprised youd've thought there are much better items to use in a restricted playing field such as 3-3, and in most cases there are (though personally I'm not keen on Choice Scarf in Gen 5 as it is). But Haxorus fires off insanely powerful Outrages, and Terrakion and Thundurus help clean up the mess, or alternatively they begin the onslaught for CSHax to just come in and clean up.

I'd assume something that would take out flying resistors...

Sawk@Black Belt
252Atk/252Spe/4Whatever
Jolly&Sturdy
Moves:
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Earthquake
filler

Take out Steels/Rocks that resist Archeop's terrifying acrobatics. Would use Choice Band, but fear of switching out. LO Can't be used, for sturdy'd be worthless.

now for something to wrap it all up, a late game sweeper special based...

Starmie @ Life Orb
252Sp.A/252Spe/4Def
Timid/Natural Cure
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Just to kill anything that survives the prior enslaught.

Just my thoughts.
Why a Starmie, specifically?

And should Sawk's last move be Counter, Reversal, or Retaliate?

Decided to test some eviolite pokes in the Subway last night. Please try not to flame me for the EV spreads- I am lazy as hell to do complex ones ingame.

Porygon2@Eviolite
Modest, 170 hp / 170 def / 170 sp def
Trace
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Thunder Wave

This is a fucking boss. I managed to outstall and eventually KO a Haxorus, which says a lot about P2. It can even take some SE hits, provided they aren't STAB (such as Darmanitan's Superpower).

Chansey@Eviolite
Bold, 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spdef
~Seismic Toss
~Toxic
~Softboiled
~Attract

Yeah, attract sucks, but it was the only thing I could come up with to stall some stuff while poisoning them at the same time. Just like P2, Chansey will only die to STAB physical fighting-type moves. Unlike porygon, however, it needs to heal quite often since that defense stat is just ass. Works really cool and all, but I'll be sticking to Porygon.

Gurdurr@Eviolite
Impish, 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk
Nope.avi

Next in line are Dusclops, Tangela, Rhydon. Remember, competitive tiers =/= Subway tiers.

@Taylor
Thanks man, when I hatch a Haxorus with cool EVs I'll be sure to try out a Scarf set.

breh

強いだね
Chansey@Eviolite
Bold, 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spdef
~Seismic Toss
~Toxic
~Softboiled
~Attract

Yeah, attract sucks, but it was the only thing I could come up with to stall some stuff while poisoning them at the same time.
Uhhhhh

Protect?

Otherwise getting a s-toss chansey in bw is such a pain in the ass it's not even funny; that in itself is almost a reason why one would never do it.. (first, you catch an often fleeing chansey in FRLG safari zone or in citadark isle in XD, then you transfer it to Emerald, then you RNG breed it, then you accumulate BP, then you teach it tutor moves, then you transfer it to DP, then you transfer it to BW, and FINALLY you can use it).

Has anybody tested how good the traditional Scarf Latias/Registeel/(Dragon type with setup moves) is?

Uhhhhh

Protect?

Otherwise getting a s-toss chansey in bw is such a pain in the ass it's not even funny; that in itself is almost a reason why one would never do it.. (first, you catch an often fleeing chansey in FRLG safari zone or in citadark isle in XD, then you transfer it to Emerald, then you RNG breed it, then you accumulate BP, then you teach it tutor moves, then you transfer it to DP, then you transfer it to BW, and FINALLY you can use it).

Has anybody tested how good the traditional Scarf Latias/Registeel/(Dragon type with setup moves) is?
Legal hacks, dude. Protect only works for one turn which isnt too great when you lack lefties.

And yes, Sprocket's right, tested them one per set.
Also I'm a she.

I'd imagine a CP Sigilyph with Roost to absolutely tear the Subway apart. You can use the Flame Orb to prevent Sleep and Paralysis and PSychic and Air slash are good STABs.

I'd imagine a CP Sigilyph with Roost to absolutely tear the Subway apart. You can use the Flame Orb to prevent Sleep and Paralysis and PSychic and Air slash are good STABs.
Dude Im so glad you finally appeared.
Anyway, why not use Assist Power instead of Psychic?

I've been using scarf uxie/SD scizor and SD chomp

Definitely not as effective as it was last gen, the AI is beefed up quite a bit. For example if they are locked into thunder wave and you switch in chomp, they will switch out almost immediately. As long as you lock them into a normally effective attacking move, it's still a very effective strategy.

Finding Synchronizers goes like this: bring a T-Wave user, go to the top of Celestial Tower, find an Elgyem, which is 50% here, the largest chance of finding a wild Pokémon that can potentially have Synchronize, use Thunder Wave, and if it activates Synchronize, catch it. After catching Elgyem, go downstairs and have the Nurse heal you so that when you T-wave another Elgyem, Synchronize works.
I just wanted to point out that we got Entrainment as a skill for this too.
Now I haven't actually used it myself, but wouldn't you get to see the opponent's ability change like it does when it's used against you?
Also easy to get, just catch an audino.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm not quite there yet, so can anyone confirm if there's still a feature like the Wi-Fi Battle Tower? I always enjoyed that...

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
No, I mean the Wi-Fi Battle Tower where you could face the AI controlled teams of other players from around the world. It was in DPPHGSS but I've heard no mention of it this gen.

No, I mean the Wi-Fi Battle Tower where you could face the AI controlled teams of other players from around the world. It was in DPPHGSS but I've heard no mention of it this gen.
I'm pretty sure there is; I haven't actually tried that train yet, but one of them seemed to mention something like that. The light blue line, or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)