5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Quick question here about zomgtimer. I've been hitting my seed a second later than I need to. What do I do to adjust for this? My desired second is 40, and the calibrated second is set at 15. I didn't have this issue when I RNG'd my Zekrom a few days ago, and I haven't changed anything in the seconds boxes since then.

I have a question regarding zomgtimer..What is the first beeps and timer for? Is that when I'm supposed to load my game? (using cyclo ds)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question here about zomgtimer. I've been hitting my seed a second later than I need to. What do I do to adjust for this? My desired second is 40, and the calibrated second is set at 15. I didn't have this issue when I RNG'd my Zekrom a few days ago, and I haven't changed anything in the seconds boxes since then.
That sounds like the old method. Did you set the mode to 5th Gen C-Gear?
I have a question regarding zomgtimer..What is the first beeps and timer for? Is that when I'm supposed to load my game? (using cyclo ds)
First beeps are when you select the game from the DS menu (I'm assuming the flashcart menu works the same) or soft reset.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I assume cyclo DS is a flash cart? If that's the case, you should try to SR if at all possible. Loading from the menu might work, but the calibration will be a lot different than normal.

You should use 5th gen mode, not 4th. The process in the 4th gen one will pretty much always end up higher than you want.

Is it possible to Egg IV Abuse? If yes, how/ Because I can only see things like this:

__ / A / __ / B / __ / A

And those underscores are empty, so how can I do this? I saw some people did this already... Thanks in advance!! :heart:
Those underscores are filled by the IVRNG. The inheritance is determined by the PID RNG. You can't really do anything with it yet. The people that have are usually on emulators or relying on luck.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Those underscores are filled by the IVRNG. The inheritance is determined by the PID RNG. You can't really do anything with it yet. The people that have are usually on emulators or relying on luck.
Can't you can somewhat control it with power items or hexflawless parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat ToastPlusOne
I assume cyclo DS is a flash cart? If that's the case, you should try to SR if at all possible. Loading from the menu might work, but the calibration will be a lot different than normal.

Yes it is. Hm.. I wanted to be able to use IV check code :/
you have a PM.

on cyclods, cheats codes are turned off when you soft reset.

I want to start RNG'ing in Pokemon White but I don't know my SID... How can I find it not using an AR?
You don't need your SID unless you're going for shinies. As C-Gear RNG does not support PID RNG (You can't RNG for nature, ability or shininess with C-Gear) you don't need your SID to start. Non C-Gear RNG is not yet supported but you will need your SID for that when it comes out.

You don't need your SID unless you're going for shinies. As C-Gear RNG does not support PID RNG (You can't RNG for nature, ability or shininess with C-Gear) you don't need your SID to start. Non C-Gear RNG is not yet supported but you will need your SID for that when it comes out.
No you will not. Your SID is not needed for IV abuse in any way, shape or form. It's only needed for PID prediction and shiny abuse. Shiny abuse is also pretty much impossible without an AR, too.

And the RNG Reporter does support the PID RNG. Method 5 natures (theoretical).

No you will not. Your SID is not needed for IV abuse in any way, shape or form. It's only needed for PID prediction and shiny abuse. Shiny abuse is also pretty much impossible without an AR, too.

And the RNG Reporter does support the PID RNG. Method 5 natures (theoretical).
Never said it was needed for IV abuse :) What's this about no shinies without an AR though? That's new : / Are you talking about C-Gear or Non C-Gear when you say we'll need an AR?

Never said it was needed for IV abuse :) What's this about no shinies without an AR though? That's new : / Are you talking about C-Gear or Non C-Gear when you say we'll need an AR?
Once non-C-Gear is out, it'll be possible to get shinies without an AR.

The problem is that with C-Gear abuse, you don't know the initial seed for the PID. For non-C-Gear abuse, it's the full non-C-Gear seed. You just have to find the starting frame of the PID RNG for that seed, as the PID RNG advances a random (but consistent for each seed) number of times when you start up your game.

And I was saying that your SID isn't needed for non-C-Gear.

Once non-C-Gear is out, it'll be possible to get shinies without an AR.

The problem is that with C-Gear abuse, you don't know the initial seed for the PID. For non-C-Gear abuse, it's the full non-C-Gear seed. You just have to find the starting frame of the PID RNG for that seed, as the PID RNG advances a random (but consistent for each seed) number of times when you start up your game.

And I was saying that your SID isn't needed for non-C-Gear.
Ah that's cool, can't wait for Non C-Gear to come out then. Would the starting frame of the PID RNG just be something visible in RNG Reporter?

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to help with Thundurus' nature. I'm hitting around the seed and getting awful natures such as Sassy or Hardy. Although it takes me only about 5 minutes to RNG and encounter him I'd rather find a way to just try to RNG his nature than just mindlessly keep testing my luck (which is historically rather shitty).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Zerofocus, you either have to use Non C-Gear RNG methods, or let your game sit for several extra seconds with the C-Gear on to force nature changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)