Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how do you do "perfect" EV trainining in game seeing that exposure to any combat will give you unwanted EV and I don't see how its possible to EV train something from level 1.

I know about the mechanics of EVs and stuff but I'm baffled how do you actually do "perfect" EV training now since minus EV poffins are no long available now in Gen V. A gut feeling tells me it has something to do with Exp Share but I'm not sure how it works with regards to EV gained since it does not seem to give full EV but rather a small fraction. Thanks.

You find out which pokemon yield what EVs and only battle those. If you run into different pokemon just don't battle them. And the Exp. Share doesn't divide EVs gained. So if Pokemon A is battling a Crobat and Pokemon B is holding Exp.Share both Pokemon A and Pokemon B will gain 3 speed EVs.

I've already said this. A lot of people have.
Regarding EV's: ANY pokemon, ANY OF THEM, no matter what, will gain full EVs from a defeated pokemon, as long as it gains ANY experiance what-so-ever. Period. No ifs, ands, or butts. If your whole team gets 1 EXP from a Seaking, they will each gain +2 Atk EVs.
Simply put, you really can't perfectly EV train in-game, if by in-game you mean on your storlyline playthrough. Pokemon you catch later, maybe, or if you're realy, tediously picky about your first couple hundred fights, but otherwise, good luck.
Otherwise, it's simple, I've never had an issue perfectly EV training any of my pokemon, and have never used EXP share. You just do it the same way you level-up a Magikarp.

But, I have a question. With multi-hit moves; how does the flinch rate work? I know it triggers for each hit separately, but what's the end result? If I had a cloyster with Skill-Link, and Icicle Spear/Rock Blast and King's Rock/Razor Claw, what is the approximate chance they'll flinch?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
On any Pokémon that wants HP EVs, you just stick an XP Share or switch it out on a couple of high-level Audinos, and it's now probably at something like level 20 and can do the rest on its own. For ones that don't want HP, just pick some other high-level target, though you won't get as high right away.

If I have 2x DS and pkmn hg and pkmn white is there any way I can trade some hg into white before the elite4?

I can go down the route of using a friends pkmn black which is complete, trade to there and then trade from black to white? I'm not trying to outlevel my position I just have some baby failed b4eding projects that I'd like to actually use in the metagame!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If I have 2x DS and pkmn hg and pkmn white is there any way I can trade some hg into white before the elite4?

I can go down the route of using a friends pkmn black which is complete, trade to there and then trade from black to white? I'm not trying to outlevel my position I just have some baby failed b4eding projects that I'd like to actually use in the metagame!
You can't trade from Gen IV to Gen V before you get the National Dex. As far as trading non Gen V mons from a Gen V game to another which doesn't have the National Dex, yes you can...I think.

Sorry, but the PokeTransfer lab is the only way to transfer pokemon between versions. And it is to the east of the 4th gym city, but beyond the path you need it blocked by some idiot builders. Good luck beating the elite 4 though

Sy123 thanks for that. If I use my mates completes black cart to transfer them over then simply ir or local wifi my white and his black and trade without any restrictions to get them that way? I want my bagon and feraligatr!!!

ItsArandom the good news is that my daily XL has just arrived so I can test this tonight.

How do I get tm 89 (U-turn)? I know I'm supposed to deliver some gods to wingull, but I didn't pay attention when I'm talked to the girl so now she just says "Two more! Wingull looks happy" :/

Sy123 thanks for that. If I use my mates completes black cart to transfer them over then simply ir or local wifi my white and his black and trade without any restrictions to get them that way? I want my bagon and feraligatr!!!

ItsArandom the good news is that my daily XL has just arrived so I can test this tonight.
I guess if what your saying is to trade your pokemon to your friends pokemon black cart, then to your incomplete pokemon white cart, considering your friend has beaten the elite 4. Correct me if Im wrong anyone

How do I get tm 89 (U-turn)? I know I'm supposed to deliver some gods to wingull, but I didn't pay attention when I'm talked to the girl so now she just says "Two more! Wingull looks happy" :/
Explore the area downhill, some trainer will give you one after battle, one is just lies there in the itemboll.

And my question about DW abilities Bulbapedia and Serebii provide contradictory data and I can't find this case in research thread, so Will Female Pokemon with DW ability bred with Ditto pass it ability to the offspring? Just bred 10 Kangaskhans and none had Inner Focus...

I guess if what your saying is to trade your pokemon to your friends pokemon black cart, then to your incomplete pokemon white cart, considering your friend has beaten the elite 4. Correct me if Im wrong anyone
Hi well deciphered, please excuse my bad English I am typing horridly at work on my android phone and it isn't the easiest to master but yes you got it. I am just wondering if there is a restriction to stop me from trading Gen iv between Gen v games once the pokes are already there.

And my question about DW abilities Bulbapedia and Serebii provide contradictory data and I can't find this case in research thread, so Will Female Pokemon with DW ability bred with Ditto pass it ability to the offspring? Just bred 10 Kangaskhans and none had Inner Focus...
if the female has a dream world ability, then there is a chance that it'll pass it down
if the mother doesn't have the DW ability, then there's no chance that it can pass down the DW ability

Ok, two questions I've asked in the last ten pages haven't had answers so I'm asking again.

What happens if you fight the version mascot without any pokeballs, can you avoid catching them?

If you trade a shelmet holding an everstone with a Karrablast, will the karablast still evolve? (it would get a shell from nowhere)

Ok, I feel like a noob asking this question, but...

What happens if a ghost-type uses Curse against a MM Espeon?

A) Ghost type loses 50% HP AND gets cursed
B) Espeon loses 50% HP and curses the ghost
C) Espeon loses speed and gains atk/def

please help.

What happens if you fight the version mascot without any pokeballs, can you avoid catching them?
no
the ONLY way to not be FORCED to capture your version mascot is to have filled your 24 boxes with 720 pokemon, and have a fulol team of 6
if you have no poke balls, then either it'll kill you, or you'll kill it (for which you'll get no experience), after both of which it will instantly respawn, waiting for you to reinteract with it again
there's a grunt who will teleport you to the pokemon centre, to another guy so you can buy balls, and get teleported back, as well as a grunt that gives you a free ultra ball

If you trade a shelmet holding an everstone with a Karrablast, will the karablast still evolve? (it would get a shell from nowhere)
IMO Karrablast should still evolve. The other question to ask would be if Karrablast was holding the Everstone instead, which implies that Shelmet found a rubbish bin to toss his armor into.

Is there any way to see Vullaby or Mandibuzz in Pokemon White?
Can anyone answer this? I didn't see any responses...

Also, when trowing Pokeballs, more noticeably Ultra or Dusk balls, I've noticed that sometimes, they make a different sound while being thrown and then stay in the air longer, and it shakes once, and the wild Pokemon is caught... Opposed to the normal sound, normal time in the air, and three shakes. Why does this happen? I can't find an explanation anywhere.

Can anyone answer this? I didn't see any responses...

Also, when trowing Pokeballs, more noticeably Ultra or Dusk balls, I've noticed that sometimes, they make a different sound while being thrown and then stay in the air longer, and it shakes once, and the wild Pokemon is caught... Opposed to the normal sound, normal time in the air, and three shakes. Why does this happen? I can't find an explanation anywhere.
for the first question, i don't think so, but i'm not sure

the second question was a "critical capture"
it has around the same chance as a crit happening, and increases the chances of capture dramatically
it is very rare for a critical capture to not capture its target

for the first question, i don't think so, but i'm not sure

the second question was a "critical capture"
it has around the same chance as a crit happening, and increases the chances of capture dramatically
it is very rare for a critical capture to not capture its target
Awesome, thanks!
That's a pretty awesome addition to this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)