Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way I can see a Rufflet in Pokemon Black?
Does Sheer Force/Encourage remove Giga Impact/other two turn moves' resting effect?

Thanks in advance.

What's a fun pokemon to do a Solo Run on White? I have both: Playing Black for story and to get used to the game. So I want some fun on White. Not too difficult plz

I've already said this. A lot of people have.
Regarding EV's: ANY pokemon, ANY OF THEM, no matter what, will gain full EVs from a defeated pokemon, as long as it gains ANY experiance what-so-ever. Period. No ifs, ands, or butts. If your whole team gets 1 EXP from a Seaking, they will each gain +2 Atk EVs.
Simply put, you really can't perfectly EV train in-game, if by in-game you mean on your storlyline playthrough. Pokemon you catch later, maybe, or if you're realy, tediously picky about your first couple hundred fights, but otherwise, good luck.
Otherwise, it's simple, I've never had an issue perfectly EV training any of my pokemon, and have never used EXP share. You just do it the same way you level-up a Magikarp.
Thanks but I'm sorry I didn't specify before. I mean for example you put an exp share on the mon you want to EV and then you put a power item on the fighting mon with pokerus. Does the EV shared one benefit from the bonus that the fighting mon gets? I assume no but this is a little hazy for me.

Thanks but I'm sorry I didn't specify before. I mean for example you put an exp share on the mon you want to EV and then you put a power item on the fighting mon with pokerus. Does the EV shared one benefit from the bonus that the fighting mon gets? I assume no but this is a little hazy for me.
OH. That is a bit different of a question, but I'm 99% possitive that each pokemon who has an EV modifier(A power item, Macho Brace, Pokerus) will be calculated separately, after the base-EVs are distributed.

So, no, if you kill a Basculin, your fighting guy and your EXP share guy will both recieve a base +2, and then your fighting guy's power item will give it, and just it, an additional +4 in whatever it's for.

For the record, still haven't gotten any answers-
I still wanna know how the 'separate flinch rate' thing applies to multi-hit moves(how do you determine the total final flinch rate);
And in four-person multi-battles, can you have a total of 24 pokemon all together(four full teams of 6, going 2v2), or is each player only allowed 3 pokemon, so it's still technically 6 on 6?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I still wanna know how the 'separate flinch rate' thing applies to multi-hit moves(how do you determine the total final flinch rate);
The chance of flinch is calculated for each hit, so the total is just 1-(chance of not flinching). For example, if a move hits 5 times with King's Rock (10% chance), then the chance of not flinching is 0.9^5=0.59, for a 41% chance of flinching.

Is there any way I can see a Rufflet in Pokemon Black?
No, but there's the next best thing- Cynthia uses a Braviary. Trade for one over the GTS and you can breed Rufflet from that.

As for White version and Vullaby/Mandibuzz, sorry. No way. You gotta trade with a friend who has Black version or get lucky in GTS negotiations.

Well hi guys my first Smogen post,hope I cant decide whether to use the good ol monkey or the shiny new urm ratty whippy thing. So the other slots i have on my team filled so far are.

Starmie:@wide lens 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Abillity:Natural cure
Nature:Timid
Moves: Hydro pump
Blizzard
Thunder
Rapid spin

Bisharp@(not sure on his item yet) 252AtK / 4Hp / 252spe
Ability:Defiant
Nature:Jolly
Moves: Rock polish
Iron head
Night slash
Brick break

Scizor@ choice band 252atk / 4hp / 252 spee
Ability:Technician
Nature:Adamant
Moves: Bullet Punch
U-turn
Super power
Pursuit

Ferrothorn@ rugged helmet 252hp / 4spd/ 252def
Ability: Iron barbs
Nature: Relaxed
Moves: Curse
Gyro ball
Power whip
Leech seed

Volconaro@(again not sure on item) 252spa / 4hp /252spe
Ability: Flame body
Nature: Modest
Moves: Quiver dance
Bug buzz
Fire blast
(undecided attack atm)

So not sure why the formatting's changed cant seem to unchange it O.o do i go with.

Infernape@ Life orb 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Close combat
Over heat
Stone edge
U-turn

Or do i run with.

Mienshao@ Life orb 252atk / 8spa / 4hp
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Naive
Moves: Hi jump kick
HP ice
U-turn
Grass knot.

So what do you guys think on this new and shiny or old and reliable

Is there any "danger" right now of Genesect getting bumped into Ubers? I know he isn't released yet or whatever, I'm just curious about his future.

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer, so...

How does Foul Play work? It says its base power is 95 but its also effected by the opponents attack stat. So is that 95+some formula or is it 95 max power if they have maxed attack?

Are the nature, the gender, and the ability set when the egg is created, or when you take the egg? I could have sworn that they were not consistent when I saved before taking the egg and soft resetting before. . .

EDIT: Thanks, poccil. GameFreak decided to make the breeding even MORE tedious this time?

adman2:

From what I have read, in generation 5 the personality ID (which is what gender, ability, and nature are derived from) is determined as soon as the egg is received. This is unlike generation 4, where the personality ID is generated as soon as the egg is ready, not when it's received.

No, but there's the next best thing- Cynthia uses a Braviary. Trade for one over the GTS and you can breed Rufflet from that.

As for White version and Vullaby/Mandibuzz, sorry. No way. You gotta trade with a friend who has Black version or get lucky in GTS negotiations.
Thanks for the post. My bro's a lazy so and so but he has White, so I basically caught some stuff on his game and traded them all over myself. :toast:

So, I just got a Pickup Linoone @ Fling, Covet, Switcheroo, Theif. Where are some good trainers to farm for GOOD items in B/W? (I like the battle hax-way and all but, stealing is so much easier...)

What's a better item for skill link Chillachino?
Life Orb
Choice Band
Scope Lens (crits)
Kings Rock (flinch)

Also what should the 4th move be? (As the first three have sweep slap, bullet seed, and rock blast)

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer, so...

How does Foul Play work? It says its base power is 95 but its also effected by the opponents attack stat. So is that 95+some formula or is it 95 max power if they have maxed attack?
It uses your opponents attack stat. For example, you have a Zoroark with 100 attack and you are facing a Scizor with 200 attack. Zoroark uses Foul Play and uses Scizor's attack stat (200) instead of it's own attack (100).

ALSO: My question about Pokesav has yet to be answered. Are there any ways to transfer a Pokemon created with Pokesav to a retail copy of Black?

I Tried using the battle subway to calculate IVs, and the calculators at level 50 are really inacurate.

I got 30IVs for Sp.Attack on my Deino, i Invested 192EVs on it and it was a Hasty nature.

I made some calculations and at this rate by level 100 it will only have 323 Sp.Attack as Hydreigon. Which is 10 points less.

Note: I'm completely sure i used 192 EPs in special attack i kept track of them.

My Hydreigon is currently level 75, is there still a chance it will have 333 Sp.Attack by level 100? It normally gains +3 but it's been getting lots of +2...

P.S: Sorry about my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)