Hydreigon

Can i replace Taunt by Torment, to prevent some nuisance from using its strong move continuously? Cuz it's not a good thing to force them to attack in 3 turns, isnt it?
Well, in the case of Blissey and Chansey, which would take anything else you could throw at them otherwise, using Taunt shuts down their support moves, and limits them to only Seismic Toss (in Chansey's case) and/or one of the special attacking moves in Flamethrower or Ice Beam (for Blissey, which actually has decent special attack to make use of them). Torment doesn't really accomplish anything in their case, because they can just alternate between attacking, Wish + Protect, Softboiled, Toxic, etc. you to death.

@ Cipher Admin Lovrina: not mixed. a decent special sweeper maybe, but not mixed. a mixed set would look more like this:
Nature: Naive
188 Atk/ 68 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
-outrage
-surf/dark pulse
-fire blast
-taunt/U-turn

i'm sure there are other ways too, but that's the one I use, anyway.

THATS where youre (in my retarded opinion) Wrong

Terakion : Take garchomp. Give it a worse typing and worse movepool. Increase its speed. Balance it defense. Decrease SpA and round him to become perfect pokemon. Make it the only pokemon in the game that can double dance alongside Groudon and Landlos. gave it a superb STAB. You get Terakion.

Landlos : Take Garchomp. Gave it absurdly powerful attacking power. Make it able to go mixed.
Gave Rock Polish. Change its typing to Flying. Lower its speed by a freakin 1 to make it trolled by garchomp You get Landlos Leader of Troll Trio
I'll take Weavile, reduce speed and increase all other stats bar attack, give it an amazing movepool, change ice- for dragon-type, and call it a day. You shouldnt compare pinapples to bananas just because they're yellow.

Anyway, here's my current Battle Subway set.
Hydreigon@Life Orb
Timid Nature 252 sp atk / 252 speed / 6hp
~Dragon Pulse
~Dark Pulse
~Surf
~Fire Blast

Hydreigon can actually afford to take a hit whilst hoping for a DP flinch hax or just 2KO everything with its amazing raw power and coverage. The lack of U-Turn really sucks, but it still gets the job done more often than not. Agh, a bit more speed and it could be Garchomp-tier. Shame.

im absolutely surprised this thing did not get any good boosting move other then cheer up which does not make sense on him at all. dragon dance, swords dance, calm mind all could have worked on him and makes sense to.

hopefully the third game does alot of 5th gen pokemon justice as they all lack movepool and needs high level to evolve to, hell even the legendaries lack movepool which is a first time.

@ Cipher Admin Lovrina: not mixed. a decent special sweeper maybe, but not mixed. a mixed set would look more like this:
Nature: Naive
188 Atk/ 68 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
-outrage
-surf/dark pulse
-fire blast
-taunt/U-turn

i'm sure there are other ways too, but that's the one I use, anyway.
No, I think it is perfectly viable. Enough EVs to 2HKO Blissey or Jellicent with Outrage and the rest in SpA with max speed? Should work perfectly.

Anyway, here's my current Battle Subway set.
Hydreigon@Life Orb
Timid Nature 252 sp atk / 252 speed / 6hp
~Dragon Pulse
~Dark Pulse
~Surf
~Fire Blast
No love for Draco Meteor? The battle subway only uses 3 pokemon, so it is less easy to take advantage of it after its use, and you already have Dark Pulse for consistent STAB anyway.

Side Note: Has anyone gotten around to trying physically based MixDreigon? I've haven't gotten around to it but it seems like it'd be effective with Flamethrower crushing anything that dares to switch into its STABs, and it is a nasty surprise to switch in SpD Tar or something hoping to take a relatively weak DM only to get nailed by Outrage.

@All: Don't say welcome to Smogon, I have few posts but I am a lurker mainly...

I am in Love with Sazandora(I refuse to use English names until people have been using them for longer than I have been using the Japanese ones...I have been looking for a Dragon/Dark type since Gen 2...my two favorite types overall combined with the ability I believe any non Flying Dragon should have...stunning. The fact that he is specially based I really really enjoyed too, I needed a good specially based Dragon now that Latias has been made Uber. And such an amazing movepool...I ran Head Smash on my sets, it's a fun little niche move. But other than that great sets, I like the idea of Life Orb or Scarf mixed.

I know its kinda creapy. Until you get like 100 posts everyones says, "hey welcome to smogon!" All the fucking time.

This thing has a killer movepool, probably one of the best movepools of the 5th gen pokemon. Even on the special side its hard to counter, add in a physical move and things have problems with you.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
To me, this thing isn't useful because of his great special attack, but because he's one of the only pokemon who can safely switch into chandelure without getting destroyed. Oh, and am I the only one here who thinks this thing should have gotten nasty plot?? The move description says something about it's brain. This thing has three of them O_O.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
To me, this thing isn't useful because of his great special attack, but because he's one of the only pokemon who can safely switch into chandelure without getting destroyed. Oh, and am I the only one here who thinks this thing should have gotten nasty plot?? The move description says something about it's brain. This thing has three of them O_O.
No, it has one. Only its pre-evo, Zweilous, had two; the lower heads are more like puppets.

I'm pretty sure it loses a brain upon evolving.

Here's my theory: when Zweilous evolves into Hydreigon, the heads it had as a Zweilous lose their brains in the process. The middle head (with the brain) develops as it evolves. And the middle head controls the other 2 heads on its sides, due to it having a brain and the other 2 heads not having them, but the other 2 heads may have some degree of intelligence thanks to a large cluster of nerves in each of them.

And as for its competitive viability: I agree it should've gotten Nasty Plot because Work Up may not cut it most of the time.

Yea specshydra can put a big hole in a lot of pokemon, due to the good coverage.

BTW
I haven't got a team yet. I'm only thinking in using LO Hydreigon, Chandelure and ferrothorn as spiker, but that's all.

is there any point to running 252 speed though on hydreigon? isn't it worth just the amount you need to outspeed haxorus?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
is there any point to running 252 speed though on hydreigon? isn't it worth just the amount you need to outspeed haxorus?
unless you run scarf full investment isn't worth it Haxosaur is pretty rare and i would just aim to outspeed base 86's (rotom formes) because the only common things between 98 and 86 are Luke who kills you with E-Speed/Vaccuum Wave and Gliscor who commonly runs Defensive EVs instead of Speed EVs nowadays.
invest the other Evs in HP to make use out of its resistances or in Atk too beef up Outrage and U-Turn.

I absolutely love the mixed Hydreigon set of Draco, Flamethrower, Outrage and Crunch. Walled by Heatran, but I can live with that since Heatran isn't the hardest thing to counter in the world with the rest of your team. But yeah, I love this thing right now, constantly the star of my team.

This isn't a trade thread, this is the Official Hydreigon Fan Club. As for your request, go to the Wifi Section, and post in the Simple Trade/Request Thread, it's a sticky at the top.

Hey everyone, i love Hydreigon and if you would allow me i'd like to join!

But what brings me here is actually a concern on my Hydreigon. The IV Calculator made a misscalculation and it has lower IVs than i thought. (it sucks not to have lvl 100 IV Battles...)

I'm running this set

Mixed LO Hydreigon
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Speed/192 Sp.Attack/ 60 Attack
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower

It's a pitty, according to the IV Calculator i would have 333 Sp.Attack by level 100 and would have outsped Haxorus by 1 point.

The truth is the IVs were lower than calculated (made no mistakes, i always check it twice before introducing the stats) And i won't be able to outspeed a haxorus and will only have around 323 Sp.Attack.

Does this mean my Hydreigon is bad?

Hey everyone, i love Hydreigon and if you would allow me i'd like to join!

But what brings me here is actually a concern on my Hydreigon. The IV Calculator made a misscalculation and it has lower IVs than i thought. (it sucks not to have lvl 100 IV Battles...)

I'm running this set

Mixed LO Hydreigon
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Speed/192 Sp.Attack/ 60 Attack
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower

It's a pitty, according to the IV Calculator i would have 333 Sp.Attack by level 100 and would have outsped Haxorus by 1 point.

The truth is the IVs were lower than calculated (made no mistakes, i always check it twice before introducing the stats) And i won't be able to outspeed a haxorus and will only have around 323 Sp.Attack.

Does this mean my Hydreigon is bad?
You're not really going to run into any Haxorus anytime soon though. As long as you don't fall below the next speed tier, you should be fine. You can always move EVs from other stats into SpAtk anyway if you're missing some vital KOs on those, but you're not close to any significant speed tier/ physical KO.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hydreigon tears shit up in game (it took a lot of work from my under-leveled Liligant to beat it with Quiver Dance) so I'm interested to see first-hand how it does competitively. When I get PO, I'll probably use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)