5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anything that adds a Pokémon to your party (withdrawing, eggs, NPC gifts, and so on) all advance the frame by 7. I'm not sure exactly why they do it, but they all do it the same way.

I am attempting to RNG a Reshiram at N's Castle. I have a few questions on the frame advancement via walking. When going through a door, does the movement count as 1 step? (I'm starting at the PC in N's Castle). Also, when going up a staircase, the animation displays you going up the first step, transitions, and going up the last step. Does this still only count as a single step? Finally, does the 128 step counter reset every time you exit the game, or is it carried over between saves? The path to Reshiram from the PC in N's Castle is a bit more than 128 steps, so if the counter is carried over, I'd need to walk 256 steps (and change the number of Pokemon in my party and/or the number of Pokemon I withdraw from the PC) to be safe, right?

Thanks for any help!
You're in luck - I am also RNG'ing Reshiram. Note: it's exactly 20 steps to the last tile in the room. Run to that tile 3 times and back and you'll have done 120 steps. Then just do the last 8 and you're done :)

Unfortunately, I'm finding RNG'ing Reshiram quite time-consuming, and have easily dumped about 10 hours into it. Haven't hit my seed once, despite being able to do it within 3 or 4 tries in Gen IV.

You're in luck - I am also RNG'ing Reshiram. Note: it's exactly 20 steps to the last tile in the room. Run to that tile 3 times and back and you'll have done 120 steps. Then just do the last 8 and you're done :)

Unfortunately, I'm finding RNG'ing Reshiram quite time-consuming, and have easily dumped about 10 hours into it. Haven't hit my seed once, despite being able to do it within 3 or 4 tries in Gen IV.
For sure, Delays are a pain.
I hit the delay of +1/-1 from my target so many times... This is horrible xd.

No. Minimum is 10. You're including the theoretical frame of 0 twice.

For C-Gear breeding: advancements = target frame - 10.

Let me explain where you get that. You cannot hit the theoretical frame of 0, so automatically that's 1. Turning on the C-Gear advances by 2, so now you're at 3. For some reason, receiving an egg counts as withdrawing a mon. Withdrawing a Pokémon advances by 7. So 3 + 7 = 10.
Well, I derped. Thank you for correcting me. This will come in handy if I never try and breed before non-c-gear is released.

Just hit the second "No Match" for adjacent IVs in a row, even though I've hit adjacent seeds before, many times. I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right:

Seed: 260F0C90
Target – Initial – Starting + 1 = Advances Required
5 - 3 - 1 + 1 = 2 ADVANCES

So, with two pokemon in my party (syncher is fainted), walking/running 128 steps once should be all the frame advancement I need?

In the Time Finder, if you use the Roaming Pokémon box, does it generate different seeds? And if I were to find a hexflawless seed from there, can I use it on Reshiram for example? Because speed and sp. atk would both be 31 anyway?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In the Time Finder, if you use the Roaming Pokémon box, does it generate different seeds? And if I were to find a hexflawless seed from there, can I use it on Reshiram for example? Because speed and sp. atk would both be 31 anyway?
Roamer stats are just created differently. They are usable only for roamers.

Thanks for the tip - I managed to find a Reshiram on a lower frame, so I didn't need to worry about the stairs and doors since I didn't need to go to the PC. Managed to hit my seed after 7 tries, and it was the same nature as my Synchronizer. :D

Good luck on your Reshiram RNG attempts!

Hi im sorry if this against the rules, do i need my ds parametres for cgear rng? once again sorry if im not supposed to post this.

Hi im sorry if this against the rules, do i need my ds parametres for cgear rng? once again sorry if im not supposed to post this.
Reading the first page might clear the "dunno if I'm supposed to post this here or not," question.

As in the first post it tells you exactly this:

Temporary Rules - will be removed only when RNG Reporter 9 beta 3 is released
  • All questions must be related to C-Gear RNGing.
  • No asking about RNGing your starters.
  • No asking about RNGing your ID\SID. If you want to be able to find your SID without an AR in the future, write down the time you turned on the game from the DS menu when you first created your save file.)
  • No asking about things that require non C-Gear seeds. This includes RNGing for shinies, as well as your starter Pokemon. This also includes asking about DS Parameters.
  • DO NOT ASK when the next release of RNG Reporter will be out. It will be ready when it is ready (and it will not vaporize like Pokemon Competititor).
  • And once again, do not ask about AR codes.
Along with, it tells you all about C-Gear on the first page.

So, no you don't need DS parameters for C-Gear. Just your MAC Address.

I have a question for advancing the RNG in non-cgear seeds. When does the RNG star advancing in battle? After u get to the options menu or as soon as you find a wild pokemon? or even somewhere else? I want to try to use it to hit higher seeds since this is easier than c-gear seeds for me and I want to know exactly when to start timing so I can hit high seeds accurately.
Can someone answer this?

^ We can't answer that for you at this time. We aren't permitted to talk about non c-gear seeds right now.

Does the battery message screen after pressing yes on the C-gear affect seeding? Is just choosing yes enough or do I quickly tap through the message?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)