5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've heard that changing your clock constantly can mess with your game's version of the exclusive area. Is there really anything important in White City I should worry about before I start doing a bunch more RNGing? I don't have access to Entralink, so once they are gone I guess they are gone for good.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've heard that changing your clock constantly can mess with your game's version of the exclusive area. Is there really anything important in White City I should worry about before I start doing a bunch more RNGing? I don't have access to Entralink, so once they are gone I guess they are gone for good.
White Forest has a lot of pokes in it. That's the main thing, I believe.

I've been using PIDRNG to look at encounter slot values. I found the PID: BD09DA26 with a ESV of 3. Now according to the chart, I should encounter Rufflet at Victory Road. (Since it's at the range 0-19) I encounter Heatmor instead.

This happened to me once before, with Petilil. On ESV of 19, some other Pokemon appears instead. Is there a reason this is happening? Or it's that PIDRNG is wrong on ESV? All the other times I've been following the ESV, it gives me the desired Pokemon

I've been using PIDRNG to look at encounter slot values. I found the PID: BD09DA26 with a ESV of 3. Now according to the chart, I should encounter Rufflet at Victory Road. (Since it's at the range 0-19) I encounter Heatmor instead.

This happened to me once before, with Petilil. On ESV of 19, some other Pokemon appears instead. Is there a reason this is happening? Or it's that PIDRNG is wrong on ESV? All the other times I've been following the ESV, it gives me the desired Pokemon
Most likely a mess up on the floor number or a NPC moving. And by mess up in floor number I mean on the Encounter Slots page.

The time given for your seed is when you want the game to be seeded; that is, when you turn the C-Gear on.

So, the timer has two countdowns. Start the first countdown running at exactly the same time as you set your DS clock (Eon Timer tells you how many minutes in advance of your target time you need to set it). Turn the DS off, turn it on and get into the game. Then soft reset as soon as the first timer finishes. Get into the game, and press the pwoer button on the lower screen C-Gear. Wait until the second timer finishes, and press yes with the stylus as soon as it does.

Then do the required frame advances, and hope you catch the right thing!
I'm kind of curious as to why its necessary to soft reset once the first timer finishes.

Most likely a mess up on the floor number or a NPC moving. And by mess up in floor number I mean on the Encounter Slots page.
The latter could be. Again it happened. Damn, I didn't think it take this long. By the way it isn't NPCs, or I wouldn't be getting them shiny.

I think that was the bit of info i was missing. Thanks!

EDIT: So is soft resetting absolutely the only way to reset delay? If I had a action replay would I not be able to use it while RNGing since soft resetting screws it up?

The delay is a counter that starts counting up as soon as you start the game. Soft resetting puts it at 0. This is the only way to control it.
Everyone says that but it isn't true. You can start the game from the DS Menu, or the AR start screen and the SAME thing will occur. So, soft resetting isn't the only way to control the delay.

Everyone says that but it isn't true. You can start the game from the DS Menu, or the AR start screen and the SAME thing will occur. So, soft resetting isn't the only way to control the delay.
Yeah, these are the two methods I always use depending if I'm using an AR or not. I've never tried by soft resetting.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think the idea is that the only way to reset the delay is to somehow reset the game. You can choose whatever method you like. In one scenario its just restarted. In the other scenario its started for the first time. I don't think anyone really means to say that the other method won't work.

Anyway, speaking of this, will Black City/White Forest mess up when I RNG abuse pre-National Pokedex (meaning RNG abuse before even getting to the version-exclusive areas for the very first time)? Thanks! :)

ok just starting out RNGing in 5th Gen i get everything except for i cant figure out my mac address when i try to do what it shows in the pictures on the first page my DS comes up with a different screen... is it because im using a DSi?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I'm still RNG abusing Cobalion. If I use a Repel there, and then suddenly, a cloud of dust appears in my way. If I walk through it, and it's a Gem, does that advance my frame? If it's a Pokémon, I'm screwed, I know.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok just starting out RNGing in 5th Gen i get everything except for i cant figure out my mac address when i try to do what it shows in the pictures on the first page my DS comes up with a different screen... is it because im using a DSi?
Yeah, it is.

Instead, you should go from to DSi menu to System Settings --> two pages over --> Internet --> Options --> System Information.

So, I'm still RNG abusing Cobalion. If I use a Repel there, and then suddenly, a cloud of dust appears in my way. If I walk through it, and it's a Gem, does that advance my frame? If it's a Pokémon, I'm screwed, I know.
It won't advance your IVRNG frame.

It seems to not count as a step though; both times I've ended up doing this, the Repel has worn off a step later than normal (leaving me one step away from Cobalion at the end, as I needed to do an even number of steps).

It also messes up your memory; every time I've walked into a swirling patch and got a gem whilst RNGing Cobalion, I've then forgotten to reactivate the repel the next time it wears off.

Buckert

Does the date matters in C-Gear abuse? I mean, last few days, (15,16,17 March), I've hit delays +/-4 of the delay I need to hit. But now, I'm hitting -27!?

For the previous days, I got these times:
2011 03 15 09:50:00
2011 03 16 09:47:00
2011 03 17 09:44:00

Now I've got this:
2011 03 18 09:41:00

Does the date matters in C-Gear abuse? I mean, last few days, (15,16,17 March), I've hit delays +/-4 of the delay I need to hit. But now, I'm hitting -27!?

For the previous days, I got these times:
2011 03 15 09:50:00
2011 03 16 09:47:00
2011 03 17 09:44:00

Now I've got this:
2011 03 18 09:41:00

Days shouldn't affect your delay. So you might be hitting it off.

Buckert

Days shouldn't affect your delay. So you might be hitting it off.
That's pretty stupid. I got my delay twice with a calibration of -49, so I really don't understand why I'm this far off now.. Well I might I just give up 5th gen abuse, this is the 6th day already, and I still haven't got it

Edit: Just to be sure, when my timer says 3 minutes before target, and my minute is 41, I have to set my DS to 38 right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)