Asians in the Ribrary - A rant gone virar.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha
what

how the fuck is this bitch in college
Didn't you know? Colleges let anyone in these days. As long as mommy and daddy pay the tuition on time, they don't care. People like this are the reason I have said that kids are simply getting dumber on the average every year.

Personally, she is my hero. It's about time someone stood up to the Asian Menace. For too long they have been dominating sports that used to be a White man's game, such as Math Team, Oddesy of the Mind and, of course, playing Center for the Houston Rockets. I am glad she brought up just how disruptive Asians can be, they are able to focus on whatever they are doing be it phone calls, balancing complex organic chemical equations or gong playing while we white people require at minimum, 5x more focus and dedication to a subject because of our tendency to be easily distracted. They are purposely distracting us so that our White youths have no chance to get jobs as Computer Science technicians, chemists, doctors, or sushi chefs. So to all you Asians who have ever talked on your phone while in the library I say shame on you.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Use American Manners".

Best thing ever said by a dumb bimbo, in my opinion. Since you know if I used American manners I'd talk on my cell phone in a library to piss someone like her off. Kind of agree with people that I can't believe she ranted this on the internet. Probably just to get attention on her new push-up bra.

Also I would like to point out, in general, all asians talk really loud. There's somebody on my floor who's white, but moved to Hong Kong in middle school because his dad was a business man, and he said he couldn't believe when he got back how quiet everything in the US is compared to Hong Kong. Traffic, the way people talk, etc. The really funny thing is, most asians don't talk too loud when speaking English, it's usually in their native tongue (whether they're excited, etc.) that they speak loudly.
According to a person I met in Hong Kong when I was on holiday there, Cantonese/Mandarin/Most other languages from that part of the world are meant to be spoken loudly.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a note, I personally agree with the "America is too set on being PC" outlook on racism, and believe a certain level of racial stereotyping/joke making is actually a healthy thing. I would point out that America tends to be rather indifferent to Asian stereotyping/racial slurring though...

...that said, as an Asian (Chinese and Japanese, so I will take the liberty to not be hated for making stereotypes about my own ethnic groups), I would like it if the stereotypes were correctly directed at their respective groups, rather than a general pooling.

Take auto sales in China-- a lot of Japanese companies like Toyota pulled in American sales experts of their companies because culturally, American approach to business and human interaction is generally a lot more similar to Chinese than Japanese approach (Chinese and Americans alike will forever be confused by Japanese tact).

The funny thing is, whatever she said that was "racist or stereotyping," like all kinds of prejudice, does have some basis in truth. My roomate is asian (Hmong), and it's really true that his parents would come over every weekend, do stuff with him, take him home, do his laundry, whatever. Did it bother me? No. But is it true? Yes. Can it be generalized? Maybe, just like any stereotype is.
This one's new to me. Damn it, I wish my parents would have done this for me. O.o

Also I would like to point out, in general, all asians talk really loud.
Wait what? What group are we talking about?

There's somebody on my floor who's white, but moved to Hong Kong in middle school because his dad was a business man, and he said he couldn't believe when he got back how quiet everything in the US is compared to Hong Kong. Traffic, the way people talk, etc. The really funny thing is, most asians don't talk too loud when speaking English, it's usually in their native tongue (whether they're excited, etc.) that they speak loudly.
Ok there we go. Chinese city people are definitely a "move it or lose it" crowd, but I'll say Americans are ridiculously noisy compared to Japanese or Koreans. Actually, I'm naturally really loud, and I CONSTANTLY get crap for it, by my family, in Japan, in America, wherever.

Call me a racist, but this is just from my own observations and experiences. Do I hate asian people? Absolutely not. Do I generalize them sometimes? Absolutely, just like how everybody generalizes everybody (goths, gays, jocks, geeks).

EDIT: Does it warrant her rant? Probably not. Is she allowed to? Absolutely.
I agree with this. I frankly love racial jokes, but they're only funny if the stereotype actually applies. Try to get those right, because Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and all the other Asian groups are much less similar to each other than "Black," "White" or "Hispanic" Americans tend to be.

Now if you make jokes about how cheapskate and tactless Chinese people are, about how annoyingly non-upfront/non-confrontational Japanese are, or how angry Koreans are, I will be in stitches.

I have a few problems with this bitch.
0. I will be making generalizations in the next couple of sentences so please bear with me I do not have any problems with any smogoners so don't take it personally - I'm just talking about the bitch.
1. We don't talk on cell phones in the library??? WTF! All of the ditzy white bimbos in my school do that - I've never seen a fellow Asian talk on the phone. I've seen plenty of honkies, but not asian. Ever.
2. Asians do not talk like "Ching chong ting tong".
3. Shouldn't she be having sex and NOT studying? She looks and sounds like a slut.
4. MANNERS? SHE'S THE ONE WITHOUT MANNERS.
5. she thinks that asian = japan. What is this, Harold and Kumar 3?
6. I bet she's from the south - obvious White Supremacist complexion.
7. She obviously cares more about herself than others. Japan was hit by a terrible earthquake and tsunami and she has NO compassion for others.
8. This explains why other countries make fun of America. Bimbos like her definitely make us look bad.
*epc facetable*

Sincerely, comatthew6 (offended Asian-American).

Have a nice day.
That's the thing though it's America. I'm Asian and I'm not offended by it; if anything I just thought it was funny how one video of an asian guy responded and he talks like he's defending every single Asian out there. Honestly in my eyes asian people are too competitive which can be good and bad hence why people say we're cheap lol, they also take things pretty serious (look at that video sparked alot of angry asians toward it) and yeah I can confirm they do talk loud in general which annoys me too lol. Though when I speak mandarin or Vietnamese I don't talk like I'm on fire or something. Guess it's just depends on the person.

OHHHHHHHH!!!!! CHING CHONG LING LONG TING TONG????? OHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lol. My friend and I have just been spouting "OHHHHHHHH!!!!" the entire day. We cannot stop laughing at this video.

(BUT SHE WUZ ABOUT TOO REACH AN EPIPHANY U GAIZ!!11!1oneoneone)

Video is valid? The one time people start taking dumb blond's seriously that are obvious attention whores.. such a shame.

Not valid in the sense that it should be taken seriously, valid in the sense that I would rather listen to her being a dumbass than look at her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)