Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do we go for the special permission thingy to vote? do we just say the reason we weren't on the list in the nomination topic, or do we have to PM somebody

When EVing using Power items, does the 4 EV gain add on to the Pokemon you defeat, or does it multiply by 4? Also, is this gain affected by Pokerus?

Adds 4, and its affected by Pokérus. Pokérus is applied to the total, so if you're using Power Anklet and KO a Lillipup, you get 2(1 atk + 4 spe), 2 atk and 8 spe.

Is it possible to get Victini in the American versions? Every time I try to connect to wifi, it just tells me "the server is undergoing maintenance". Is there a way around this to download the mystery gift?

Everyone on Serebii's WiFi chat seems to be looking for a Japanese Ditto. What's up with that? Why are they so in demand? Thanks in advance. :)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to get Victini in the American versions? Every time I try to connect to wifi, it just tells me "the server is undergoing maintenance". Is there a way around this to download the mystery gift?
You're doing it wrong. Use Mystery Gift like previous games.

Everyone on Serebii's WiFi chat seems to be looking for a Japanese Ditto. What's up with that? Why are they so in demand? Thanks in advance. :)
Well, Ditto can breed with anything breedable other than other Dittos, and having it be Japanese creates the Masuda Method - making for easy breeding and heightened shiny chances.

Thanks Elliot Gale for the answer.

Thank you V4LOVER!

Is the Masuda Method a reliable way of getting shiny Pokémon in Gen5 or am I better off just chaining on Platinum? I consider myself to be a pretty pro chainer. >;D

Thank you V4LOVER!

Is the Masuda Method a reliable way of getting shiny Pokémon in Gen5 or am I better off just chaining on Platinum? I consider myself to be a pretty pro chainer. >;D
The Masuda Method makes it quite a lot easier to hatch a shiny Pokemon. When you breed a Pokemon with an international partner, the odds of the offspring being shiny are dropped to 1/2048 instead of the standard 1/8192. Chaining works well if you just want a shiny Pokemon of a certain species, while the Masuda Method allows you to have a greater chance at hatching a Pokemon with good stats, etc that is also shiny.

I'm going to breed a Salamence to use online in pokemon Black.

I'd like a DDancing set but i don't know which would be a good EV Spread.

Erm, IV modified or obtained by hack, e.g. pokesav?
(exclude using ar to unlock an event (e.g. darkrai, shaymin etc) and exclude RNG)
I doubt this thread has to do with the discussion of those kind of things but sadly almost all you tube battlers and others use it.

Any good EV Spread for a DDancing Salamence to use online?

Hello all, I don't normally post here, but I'm in quite the kerfuffle.

I want to raise a Vanilluxe with the Weak Armor ability. If I use Mist, will the lowing defense effect be negated, while still raising it's speed ?

Thanks in advance.

Why is a Timid Scarfing Celebi recommended on Smogon?

And a follow-up to that, would a Modest nature work out fine as well?

Quick question - is the Masuda Method still in Black and White? If it is, do the chances still make it easier to find a shiny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)