Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Best way to level up Pokemon from above 70 to 100 in Pokemon Black and White?

Assuming the answer is either Audino or E4; but which would you recommend?
Audino with Lucky Egg, I believe.
Did Tirtouga comes with 0 EV's when the museum guy gives you the pokemon?
Yes.
Is Infernape still popular?
Not really, it's mostly been usurped by Blaziken. It'll probably be either UU or BL depending on how that metagame turns out.

Best way to level up Pokemon from above 70 to 100 in Pokemon Black and White?

Assuming the answer is either Audino or E4; but which would you recommend?
E4 w/Lucky Egg > Audio w/Lucky Egg.

I ran through the E4 multiple times with my Haxorus holding a Lucky Egg and it gained a lot of levels each time 3-4, maybe five even at Lv90+. Audinos are too uncommon for my liking - with the E4 you can just OHKO one thing after the other providing you have a sufficient moveset. Much faster.:toast:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How could one of the top threats of D/P/Pt fall like this?
Its main advantage over Blaziken before was higher speed. Thanks to Speed Boost, that's no longer the case, so all it really has now is Nasty Plot and Stealth Rock, which isn't enough to justify it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
But doesn't it have the power to stay OU? What about the lead set?
And how does Weavile do?
Tiers are based on usage, not power. Infernape probably isn't used enough for OU. If it's a power issue, it'll end up in BL instead.
Does Synchronize work on legendaries?
Yes, except for the roaming Pokémon, because their natures are determined before you encounter them.
If a Pokemon uses Shell Smash, will a White Herb fix both of the lowered Defenses?
Yes, but I seem to remember a bug in PO that would only fix one of them; I'm not sure if that's been fixed yet.

Is Stealth Rock as important and prevailant of a Lead move as in the 4th generation?
With team preview now implemented, the tradition lead is pretty much gone. Stealth rock is still quite prevailant, though spikes is making a bit of a comeback with Ferrothorn.

If a Pokemon uses Shell Smash, will a White Herb fix both of the lowered Defenses?
Yes

don't remember where i read this, but, is it true you can now ev train lvl 100 pokemon?
Yes, I'm about 90% just this is correct.

Whats the chances of waking up for each turn?
33.333333333(etc.)%, a chance to wake up on any of the maximum of 3 turns you are asleep.

Now for my question, I'm sure this either has been answered 100's of times before, or is painfully obvious to everyone but me, but what is with the "fat" every time you quote somebody?

My brother uses a team of Hydreigon, Volcarona, and Crustle.

Hydreigon has Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Crunch, and Acrobatics.
Volcarona has Quiver Dance, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, and Bug Buzz (same as after capture).
Crustle has Shell Smash, Earthquake, X-Scissor, and Rock Slide.

I manage to defeat Crustle provided it switches in on my Emboar's Head Smash or Hammer Arm, but Hydreigon always gets me and if it doesn't, Volcarona comes in to finish it off.

What could I use to safely dispatch Hydreigon and deal sufficient damage if he switches in with Volcarona or Crustle? I originally thought of Vanilluxe with Mirror Coat and a sash, but now I see it he could switch in on Volcarona and either make me kill that and not Hydreigon or switch to Crustle and kill with Rock Slide.

My brother uses a team of Hydreigon, Volcarona, and Crustle.

Hydreigon has Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Crunch, and Acrobatics.
Volcarona has Quiver Dance, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, and Bug Buzz (same as after capture).
Crustle has Shell Smash, Earthquake, X-Scissor, and Rock Slide.

I manage to defeat Crustle provided it switches in on my Emboar's Head Smash or Hammer Arm, but Hydreigon always gets me and if it doesn't, Volcarona comes in to finish it off.

What could I use to safely dispatch Hydreigon and deal sufficient damage if he switches in with Volcarona or Crustle? I originally thought of Vanilluxe with Mirror Coat and a sash, but now I see it he could switch in on Volcarona and either make me kill that and not Hydreigon or switch to Crustle and kill with Rock Slide.
What team are using? Pretty much you just need to have something with over 97 base speed(which i think is Hydreigon's speed, correct me if im wrong) and something that can hit him with a strong super effective attack. Something like Starmie should outspeed and ohko all 3 of his pokemon with the standard life orb, surf/hydropump, ice beam, thunderbolt, recover or rapidspin set with a timid nature and 252 speed and special attack EV's.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
What team are using? Pretty much you just need to have something with over 97 base speed(which i think is Hydreigon's speed, correct me if im wrong) and something that can hit him with a strong super effective attack. Something like Starmie should outspeed and ohko all 3 of his pokemon with the standard life orb, surf/hydropump, ice beam, thunderbolt, recover or rapidspin set with a timid nature and 252 speed and special attack EV's.
Base 98. Also, I'm not sure Starmie can OHKO, because it's actually fairly bulky. Something like Guts Conkeldurr might do better, or of course any of the faster dragons.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
We don't have usage statistics for the Smogon server yet, so UU and NU don't exist yet. All we have right now are OU (or Standard, if you want to call it that) and Uber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)