Dragonite

Well, it's the only one that can effectively take hits and boost up at the same time, it's the one with worthy priority and it works well with rain.

The other ones remain practically the same as before, except maybe for Moxie Salamence and Bulky Dragon Tail Garchomp. Then Sazandora is used as a mix between Latios and Flygon, which is kinda useful.

Bulky DDnite and Leadnite have been vastly improved compared to last generation, so overall Dragonite is no longer "outclassed" by the other pseudos. He has established solid niches for himself. He can also pull off a really effective mixed set similar to the same spread used as Leadnite but played in mid/lategame. I use Draco Meteor/Earthquake/Flamethrower/ExtremeSpeed with a Lum Berry, and, like Kurashi said, it is quite potent. I haven't seen or heard enough about this Swiftnite to pass judgment as of yet, and Special Nite in Rain seems to be seeing some usage.

@WingedKnight

If you check out the 5th gen analysis for dragonite you'll see the parashuffler set. It was named the Swiftnite set because I believe it was a User by the name of Swiftnite that came up with the set.

@WingedKnight

If you check out the 5th gen analysis for dragonite you'll see the parashuffler set. It was named the Swiftnite set because I believe it was a User by the name of Swiftnite that came up with the set.
Yeah, I saw the original post. I just have yet to come across it or see much about it, though it certainly sounds like an interesting use of Dragonite's skills.

Is running Impish on the first OP set noticeably worth it considering no EV's are put into defense? Just out of curiosity, because my DD multiscale nite runs the OP set and is impish, but i'm wondering if adamant would make any noticeable difference to attack (but not bulk considering multiscale anyway). S'just out of curiosity, I haven't looked through all 19 pages but I haven't seen any discussion on Impish vs. Adamant for nature.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
And as usual, take into account that attempting to take a +1 Outrage or Dragon Claw without a specific wall or Steel-type is NOT pretty.

Does dragon tail's effect of making the opponent switch out happen right after the move, or after the end of the turn? If, so, I can see Yache Berry, DD/Roost/Dragon Tail/Fire Punch as a great shuffler set if it has bulky EVs.

Does dragon tail's effect of making the opponent switch out happen right after the move, or after the end of the turn? If, so, I can see Yache Berry, DD/Roost/Dragon Tail/Fire Punch as a great shuffler set if it has bulky EVs.
Dragon Tail has negative priority, meaning that DD is pretty much pointless, unless it's for the Attack boost. Dragon Tail's effect of making the opponent switch Pokemon is part of the move's effect, making my answer to that question the first one (the opponent switching right after the move).

Dragon Tail has negative priority, meaning that DD is pretty much pointless, unless it's for the Attack boost. Dragon Tail's effect of making the opponent switch Pokemon is part of the move's effect, making my answer to that question the first one (the opponent switching right after the move).
thanks, that's a bummer

so what is good mixed lead variation of a multiscale Nite?

I really wanna try it out, but if i do i'm gonna use it as a lead mixer and not a DD'er.

Lead Dragonite really appreciates being able to use Life Orb and Superpower, otherwise you are stuck with Brick Break and some other item. I'm not sure that a dedicated lead set would be all that effective, to be honest.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Even though there's no Superpower, when I used lead Dragonite, I had Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Earthquake/ExtremeSpeed @ Life Orb, 252 Atk/252 SpA/4 Spe Quiet. The idea was, with Life Orb and a Quiet nature, Dragonite would be hit first so its Multiscale would still be intact and then launch back a powerful move.

Recently got dominated by a Dragonite using the same set that Swift posted (I duno about the EV spread but the moves were the same)

If you don't have a counter to that thing it's a real bitch to take down

Recently got dominated by a Dragonite using the same set that Swift posted (I duno about the EV spread but the moves were the same)

If you don't have a counter to that thing it's a real bitch to take down
Status is a good option for taking it down though that's not gonna be enough if it paralysis your entire team. Poison would be the best way to bring it down. Paralysis would stop it from attacking and give you a chance to attack. Also ground types would work well. Swampert would be a good counter to the swiftnite set. It's unaffected by Thunder wave and can hit Dragonite with Ice Beam. Finally Substitute completely negates Dragon Tail's switching and Thunder Wave.

what is a Swiftnite? If I knew where the analysis section was i'd go check it out since it sounds nice.

edit: nm i found it, that's alot of different ways to use this guy now, I wonder which set would be most effective for being a leader with MS.

I am an advocate of the Life Orb MixedNite @Supermarth mentioned as being the better of the Dragonite leads.

However pending on the appropriate counters against this Swiftnite(With Multi-Scale) set we could have a new potentially more annoying Lead Dragon to deal with.

^well someone did say that Inner Focus is kinda pointless now as Extremespeed beats Fake Out so if you came up against a user of the move like say Ambipom they'd be dead.

From what I'm seeing though i'm guessing it's either Multi-scale with limited attack options, or IF with multiple attacks.

Picking one for a lead is gonna be extremely hard.^^;

^was mearly reporting what I heard someone else say.

Still, a multi scale lead seems so cool, I must figure out the best one to use^^; cause thier are many ways to use it with Multi-Scale

Just posting to say that, in the current metagame, Waterfall is a fantastic secondary move for Bulky DDnite. Water+Dragon gives great coverage, and Dragon Claw, Multiscale, and higher stats works separate it from Kingdra. You beat SD Gliscor one-on-one, and get through Balloon pokemon you would normally beat with Earthquake (Dory, Heatran, Terakion). It does very well against Rain teams (Politoad is setup bait) since with one DD you should sweep most of a Rain team with boosted Dragon Claws and double boosted Waterfalls. And obviously, it works best with Magnezone support since you'll lose to Nat otherwise.

I think people underestimate Dragonite's Offensive DD EV spread. I'm having a lot of success using the same moves as the Bulky DD (DClaw, Fire Punch, DD, Roost), but with max attack and speed as well as a LO. The extra HP investment doesn't prevent 2HKOs anyway (with multi-scale) from Ice or Dragon moves. With an offensive spread, I find it just as easy (or hard, depending on how you look at it) to get 2 DDs up: LO does not recoil until you actually attack (thus preserving multi-scale) and you can always use leftovers instead if you're worried about Sand. Once you're done dancing though, the power difference is noticeable. Moreover, this set allows Dnite to serve as an emergency wall-breaker, revenge killer, or any other situation that calls for immediate power.

Do you guys reckon I could pull off a liechi berry set on a multiscale Dragonite?

Something like this

Dragonite@liechi berry
Multiscale
128 HP/128 Att/252 Speed
Adamant

-Outrage
-Substitute
-Fire Punch
-Extremespeed/Ice Punch

I dunno it seems pretty far out to me

Note: Evs are rough :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)