Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, is there any way I can try to argue Shaymin-S into OU? I can see a few points that could make it easily counterable, so I'd like to try and convince someone.
Not really, it outspeeds pretty much everything, sets up on whatever it wants. As such a fast subseeder, it can outsall stuff like Blissey, while grass types which resist leech seed are easily taken out by Air Slash. Scizor's Bullet Punch is a good check but loses to any Skymin with HP Fire (surprisingly common). Serene Grace and Air Slash means it can flinch through everything, and if Seed Flare gets a SpD drop, even stuff like Heatran will be flinched to death if it lacks Earth Power.

There's a reason it got 100% of the vote to be banned. It was stupidly overpowered - amazing stat distribution, great speed, a movepool which is just enough to let it beat anything, a fantastic signature move and one of the best abilities in the game with two STAB moves which exploit it (Seed Flare and Air Slash).

Not really, it outspeeds pretty much everything, sets up on whatever it wants. As such a fast subseeder, it can outsall stuff like Blissey, while grass types which resist leech seed are easily taken out by Air Slash. Scizor's Bullet Punch is a good check but loses to any Skymin with HP Fire (surprisingly common). Serene Grace and Air Slash means it can flinch through everything, and if Seed Flare gets a SpD drop, even stuff like Heatran will be flinched to death if it lacks Earth Power.

There's a reason it got 100% of the vote to be banned. It was stupidly overpowered.
Wow, if you put it like that...
Still, stuff like Weavile and Mamoswine completely murder it, plus Teasing Heart Taunters should be able to shut it down.

Wow, if you put it like that...
Still, stuff like Weavile and Mamoswine completely murder it, plus Teasing Heart Taunters should be able to shut it down.
The first thing Skymin does is Seed Flare or Sub - both of those will easily lead to the death of Mamo and Weavile. No Teasing Heart pokemon can do much outside of Thundurus who resists both STABs and can T-Wave. But even Thundurus goes down to 2 Seed Flares with a SpD drop.

Haven't got the games yet, just wondering if you could evolve pokemon that needs to be traded by depositing it in the GTS first and then getting it out ?

Haven't got the games yet, just wondering if you could evolve pokemon that needs to be traded by depositing it in the GTS first and then getting it out ?
Didn't work for me. I think the glitch has been fixed, but maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Thanks for the lead now I need my last Pokemon

Thanks for the Mienshao lead idea. What Pokemon should I use for position 6?
My team
Mienshao
Accelgor
Hydreigon
Darmanitan
Starmie
Thanks

Magneton evolves when you level at chargestone cave.

is Ferrothorn banned from random matchup? I tried to enter with one that has
Leech seed, gyro ball, spikes, power whip. and when i swapped it with another poke it did let me in.

Magneton evolves when you level at chargestone cave.

is Ferrothorn banned from random matchup? I tried to enter with one that has
Leech seed, gyro ball, spikes, power whip. and when i swapped it with another poke it did let me in.
It's possible it could be hacked and didn't pass the hack check. Where did you get it from?

^ Easiest way is to just check it's stats to see if anything is over the maximum allowed, or check it's capture/hatch info to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

How exactly does the PID generation work in 5th gen? I heard it changed and PIDs have always confused me. How can I pokegen or whatever tool up completely legit and legal pokemon?

The Area in front of Dragonspiral Tower… There is a Doublegrass patch up on a cliff but I don't see any way to get to it. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to get up there?

The Area in front of Dragonspiral Tower… There is a Doublegrass patch up on a cliff but I don't see any way to get to it. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to get up there?
Can be accessed during Winter only.

How does Trick affect Arceus this gen?
Same as last, if he's holding a plate, it fails. Same with Giratina holding Griseous orb. Pretty sure Lustrous and Adamant Orbs can be tricked off Dialga and Palkia, they just don't want pokemon changing formes / types / stats mid-battle

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How does Trick affect Arceus this gen?
It is Trickable, but only if:

a) Arceus is not holding a Plate (ergo, Normal Arceus is the only one Trickable)
b) You are not trying to Trick a Plate onto Arceus.

So, Tricking a Scarf to ExtremeKiller Arceus in 5th gen to cripple it will now work, but not on any other Arceus.

Wait until Winter (April, August, December), there will be a pile of snow which you use to get up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)