Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

On another note, can wild pokemon be used competitively?

Like I just caught a joltik with almost perfect Iv's in every stat...it's at level 33 now with about 60 Sp.atk Ev's and thats it.

But since I caught it at level 27 would that affect it negatively in anyway if I used in online?

Like I just caught a joltik with almost perfect Iv's in every stat...it's at level 33 now with about 60 Sp.atk Ev's and thats it.

But since I caught it at level 27 would that affect it negatively in anyway if I used in online?
No,Not at all.Unless you screw up its EVs.

breh

強いだね
well since Green Mage did this...

Foongus - #590 (Quiet)
HP: 19
Att: 18
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 28
Speed: 5

Keep or rebreed? Everything seems really cool except its meh HP; Speed is not 0 but this at least means I outspeed other Amoongus first turn...

Foongus - #590 (Quiet)

Keep or rebreed? Everything seems really cool except its meh HP; Speed is not 0 but this at least means I outspeed other Amoongus first turn...
I would keep, unless you are hyper fussy about special bulk.

Continuing along this tangent; this just hatched and very pleased:

Joltik - #595 (Timid) (Compoundeyes)
HP: 9
Att: 26 - 27
SpD: 27 - 29
Speed: 31

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone do a trade/trade back with me so I can evolve my Gurgurr?

My FC is 0218 0601 3275
Ask the Simple Questions Simple Requests thread in the Wi-Fi Forum. Someone there can gladly help you out. (If you haven't gone there already)

About the post-game, I liked the instant jump in levels from the E4, it was fairly challenging, & yeah. I still haven't beaten the Game Freak Morimoto, Cynthia, or the E4 for the second time; my in-game party are pushing Lv60 at the moment.

Foongus - #590 (Quiet)

I would probably try again for a higher HP, but that's certainly usable.

You'll have to probably wipe its EVs with berries once Dream World comes out so you can redo them properly, but that's only if you're planning on facing people online...but I mean for like the Battle Subway ingame, I've been mauling it with the ingame team, so if that's as far as you plan on going, feel free to keep it as is.

Just ran into this Mincinno in a doubles battle outside of Nimbasa:

Minccino - #572 (Jolly)
HP: 4 - 8
Att: 31
Def: 20 - 24
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 25 - 29
Speed: 19 - 22

Oh by the way, it has Technician.
And is shiny!!!!

Forgive the overzealous reaction, it's my first in-game shiny and it's actually somewhat viable!

that's pretty cool- actually, congrats.

I'm kinda stuck though, I'm getting close to the final gym and I'd like to solidify my team up some- I was just wondering on what I should add to my team as it is currently-

Excadrill Lv.43
Galvantula Lv.44
Scrafty Lv.44
Samurott Lv.44
Archeops Lv.41

I'm not entirely sure if I should add anything, or if I should just chill with these 5, and take one of them out to add a synchro for Reshram at the league, I'm just not sure about what to do just yet. I had a Musharma at one point, tossed it (bcos moveset sucks/it died to everything), and a Darumakka, but I got bored with it (though it is a beast).

any reccomendations?

It'll take a bit of training, but Haxorus will wreck things. However, the EXP to train an Axew up might be better put into your existing Pokemon. The Unova E4 only have four Pokemon each first time round, so a team of 5 shouldn't put you at a disadvantage.

that's pretty cool- actually, congrats.

I'm kinda stuck though, I'm getting close to the final gym and I'd like to solidify my team up some- I was just wondering on what I should add to my team as it is currently-

Excadrill Lv.43
Galvantula Lv.44
Scrafty Lv.44
Samurott Lv.44
Archeops Lv.41

I'm not entirely sure if I should add anything, or if I should just chill with these 5, and take one of them out to add a synchro for Reshram at the league, I'm just not sure about what to do just yet. I had a Musharma at one point, tossed it (bcos moveset sucks/it died to everything), and a Darumakka, but I got bored with it (though it is a beast).

any reccomendations?
i would just stick with what you have. Excadrill and Scrafty have the bulk you need, and if you level up your Archeops to like 43ish, it'll be able to ohko all of marshal's team with the exception of his sturdy sawk. but at lv. 43 you could just u-turn to someone else.
you're team is good as is, and its really up to you if you want to synchro your Reshiram. Between the last gym and victory road you'll be fine in terms of levels when you go through the elite 4.

Im trying to get an epic dragon team, to do the Elite 4 like before (no Revives, no inbattle healing, restricted potion use)
Right now with the help of some Elgyem I have
~Naughty Dragonite lv56
~Adamant Druggidon lv48

Soft resetting at the moment for Adamant/Jolly Magikarp from fisherman
(I know Gyarados is not dragon but he looks like one)

I plan on having this team to take on Elite 4 + Alder, Cynthia and last of all, then moving on to competitive and Wifi again I will have to defeat GameFreak Morimoto
Any recommendations on new dragons (or look alikes) and I am definetely no bothering with Hydreigon

I've been breeding for a decent Reuniclus lately, this one is probably one of the better hatches I've gotten so far.

Solosis - #577 (Bold)
HP: 31
Att: 12
Speed: 22

I think it's a keeper. Could use a 0 IV speed stat, but I'll take it.

Remember, when you catch a wild pokemon, it has no EVs at all, and you stop getting EVs at level 50. As long as you have enough time to give it all of it's EVs, its fine.

Sy123: Haxorus, obviously. You can get Altaria and Kingdra in the wild too. Flygon and Salamence in White provided Eliza and Grace respectively are in your White Forest. And then there's Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem of course, but you probably don't want to use them.

As for suitable looking, not Dragon Type Pokemon: Tyranitar. Aerodactyl. Tropius.

Thanks cantab, I think my final team will be:
~Dragonite
~Druggidon
~Altaria
~Kingdra
~Tropius
~Aerodactyl

I used Haxxorus in my last playthough and didnt want to grind for evolution again.
Only things that require work are probably Aerodactyl

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
...wait, since when did pokemon stop getting EV's at any time before Level 100/maxing EV's?
Pre-Gen V, only Pokemon between Levels 1-99 could gain EV's from battles. This Generation, they (GF) decided to change when the EV's are applied to the stats from when you gain a level to after the battle finishes. This means a Pokemon can now gain EV's at whatever level the please.

EV training is tricky this Gen. To Speed train my Sandile and Darumaka I needed to go against Basculin, who learn Aqua Jet at an early level and have adaptability. And I just finished Special Attack training my Joltik, but I had to go against mostly Litwick to do it. Good thing there's a nurse in Celestial Tower, or I may have just given up on it.

EV training is tricky this Gen. To Speed train my Sandile and Darumaka I needed to go against Basculin, who learn Aqua Jet at an early level and have adaptability. And I just finished Special Attack training my Joltik, but I had to go against mostly Litwick to do it. Good thing there's a nurse in Celestial Tower, or I may have just given up on it.

Exp Share abuse?
Switching abuse?

XP Share abuse doesn't really grant a bunch of EV's (why settle for 1/2 when you can get 5/6), so you're set on the whole retreating schtik. Which gets annoying fast, especially if they Aqua Jet you, meaning you have to sit through 2 attacks.

XP Share abuse doesn't really grant a bunch of EV's (why settle for 1/2 when you can get 5/6), so you're set on the whole retreating schtik. Which gets annoying fast, especially if they Aqua Jet you, meaning you have to sit through 2 attacks.
That doesn't split the EVs unless that changed this gen.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone confirm if the Trainer Card counts the number of pokemon you have encountered/defeated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)