5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Grrr.
I'm currently trying to RNG the Plume Fossil Archen. I have full control over
the IV's with my C-Gear Seed, but the Nature is being a pain to get...
By how much per second exactly does the C-Gear advance the PID frame
once I turn it on?
There's also an NPC in the museum, who only turns and does not take any
steps. Each turn he makes also advances the PID frame by one, right?

Just checking, but does Sweet Scenting advance the frame? I know it did in 4th gen and need to know before I start trying now. Thanks in advance.

For C-Gear seeds, language does not matter. Standard seeds (also known as Non-C-Gear seeds) don't support English games yet. If you're doing C-Gear abuse, just don't care about the language you entered in RNG reporter.

Guys, I have a question. Is RNGing with hard-resetting possible? Or not? I can't soft-reset since my L and R buttons are busted. I hard-reset on my breeds, btw...can't RNG yet. -_-

Guys, I have a question. Is RNGing with hard-resetting possible? Or not? I can't soft-reset since my L and R buttons are busted. I hard-reset on my breeds, btw...can't RNG yet. -_-

You should always be starting from the DS Menu, or AR menu...it is much more efficient and accurate. But to directly answer your question hard resetting isn't possible because you need to start the Pokemon game itself at the end of the timer...

Oh, so I should use the soft-reset which is pressing L, R, Start, and Select? By hard-reset I meant turning of the DS and turning it on to the DS menu. (To prevent confusions) Sorry if this is confusing, haha xD

Oh, so I should use the soft-reset which is pressing L, R, Start, and Select? By hard-reset I meant turning of the DS and turning it on to the DS menu. (To prevent confusions) Sorry if this is confusing, haha xD
Yes, you can RNG via hard-reset. The above post is wrong (and contradictory, since it first advocates that very method then immediately debunks it...). Just start your game from the DS menu at the end of your first timer and switch on the C-Gear at the end of the second.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Never Soft-reset. I have never because my L button was busted long before any of the RNG's were cracked, and I have had fantastic success. Soft-resetting adds just another factor that can mess up your timing. It's recommended you just watch the clock on the DS (if you're doing Standard seeds) or with EonTimer/zomgTimer and start from the DS menu.

On a semi-related note, when you get your ds params and you get an awesome spread on a standard seed that requires L or R keypress, you're kind of SOL :-/ Luckily I've found hex flawless seeds without running into this.

On a semi-related note, when you get your ds params and you get an awesome spread on a standard seed that requires L or R keypress, you're kind of SOL :-/ Luckily I've found hex flawless seeds without running into this.
Since you went ahead and brought that up...

PM Me for your non-Japanese DS Parameters.
Does this mean what I think it means?

I see...thanks guys. I appreciate it.

@ kiddu - So after the first timer, I press A on the Pokemon B/W game, then after the second timer, I press A on the Continue where I turn on the C-Gear? Or should I press A on Continue while second timer's running and press A on turn on C-Gear when the timer's done? Sorry if this is confusing. ^^

@ NixHex - Hmm...I see...then I should have my DS fixed when I find good spreads...

Again kiddu and NixHex, thanks. ^^ Thank you too, reklaw_vahn.

I see...thanks guys. I appreciate it.

@ kiddu - So after the first timer, I press A on the Pokemon B/W game, then after the second timer, I press A on the Continue where I turn on the C-Gear? Or should I press A on Continue while second timer's running and press A on turn on C-Gear when the timer's done? Sorry if this is confusing. ^^
No, no, no, you don't start your C-Gear at the Continue screen, you start it in-game. So, you press A to start your game when the first timer ends, rush through the intro and into the game, press the C-Gear's power button while the second timer's still running, and then touch "Yes" on the touch screen when the second timer ends.

By the way, I skipped over this earlier thinking it was irrelevant, but soft-resetting is actually a your-mileage-may-vary case. I always soft-reset and have plenty of RNG'd Pokes because of it, but of course it isn't necessary if you prefer/have to start the game from the DS menu.

I see... I get it. Thanks :) Also, I have some more questions, if you can help? I'm RNG'ing right now (for eggs) and I have a Frame of 4...is it good or bad? Also, can you help me with frames, please? I don't understand these things about the Initial Frame, and Starting Frame. Should I get a higher frame? I also have a Frame of 77 here. Should I use that instead?

Btw, it says Japanese here...and I play the English one. Should I just ignore that?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I think I'll try RNG-breeding sooner, but first I must know the basics...

In 4th Gen, part 1 for the breeding RNG is controlling the PID (Nature, Gender, and Ability) & part 2 is for the IV inheritance.

But how about in 5th Gen? Is it the same as 4th Gen?

No, no, no, you don't start your C-Gear at the Continue screen, you start it in-game. So, you press A to start your game when the first timer ends, rush through the intro and into the game, press the C-Gear's power button while the second timer's still running, and then touch "Yes" on the touch screen when the second timer ends.

By the way, I skipped over this earlier thinking it was irrelevant, but soft-resetting is actually a your-mileage-may-vary case. I always soft-reset and have plenty of RNG'd Pokes because of it, but of course it isn't necessary if you prefer/have to start the game from the DS menu.
In my experience, starting the game from the menu is around 50 delay less than if you SR in the game (using the same calibration in a timer). So, I suppose for the delays in the very low range, it's best to start there instead.

I also do want to thank kiddu for giving me that info and I will attest that starting the game from the menu is much more consistent than SRing in game. It also prevents occasions where you miss hitting all 4 buttons at once and have to restart.

I see... I get it. Thanks :) Also, I have some more questions, if you can help? I'm RNG'ing right now (for eggs) and I have a Frame of 4...is it good or bad? Also, can you help me with frames, please? I don't understand these things about the Initial Frame, and Starting Frame. Should I get a higher frame? I also have a Frame of 77 here. Should I use that instead?

Btw, it says Japanese here...and I play the English one. Should I just ignore that?
Technically, you don't need to worry about the difference right now. All that you need to know is that, for each Pokemon, there is a minimum number for what Frame you can use to get it. As far as C-Gear goes, anything in the wild except for roamers is 3, and anything given to you--eggs, fossils, etc--is 10. That means, of course, that a Frame of 4 for eggs just won't work. 77 is also a bit high, since that means that you would have to move your frame up by 67, which as of right now is very limited method-wise.

Yeah, you can ignore that. It only matters for the RNG abuse that we can't do right now.

I think I'll try RNG-breeding sooner, but first I must know the basics...

In 4th Gen, part 1 for the breeding RNG is controlling the PID (Nature, Gender, and Ability) & part 2 is for the IV inheritance.

But how about in 5th Gen? Is it the same as 4th Gen?
No, in 5th Gen you have to do both at the same time, and you can't even completely control them yet. All that you can really do is, get some good parents, give one an Everstone, stick them in the Daycare, aim for a C-Gear IV spread just like anything else, and hope for the best.

Hey guys, I've been calibrating with the c-gear, and I can't seem to hit the same delay consecutively. My target delay is 2729 (the seed is FF1DF7DC) and here's what I got cailbrating:
Average: 2716.6

Is there someway for more consistent delay hits?

Oh, and since it's come up lately in the thread, I soft reset when I calibrate.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
1. Do Synchs work in gen 5? I thought I heard they didn't.
2. Is breeding or catching with sweet scent easier to rng?

1. Do Synchs work in gen 5? I thought I heard they didn't.
2. Is breeding or catching with sweet scent easier to rng?
1. Synchs still work on everything that they worked on in Gen 4.

2. It depends, since they both have their own form of luck to them. Sweet Scenting is easier for Pokemon with high encounter rates, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)