Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just a tip for EV training: If you are using an offensive Pokemon that will have 252 Attack Stat / 252 Speed, you can go to one of the post game routes and fight two Audino (lv50) for 4 HP EVs (make sure you don't have Pokerus yet on the Pokemon). You should be about level 30 afterward which makes training a lot easier.

Hey guys, what are the best places for level-grinding in this game, now that the Vs. Seeker is still unavailable and we don't even get gym leader rematches

XP Share abuse doesn't really grant a bunch of EV's (why settle for 1/2 when you can get 5/6), so you're set on the whole retreating schtik. Which gets annoying fast, especially if they Aqua Jet you, meaning you have to sit through 2 attacks.
Exactly. I've said several times, but I hate doing this part of Pokemon, so I don't want to make it more tedious than it already is by doing a lot of switching and running and whatnot. Besides, I said it was tricky, not hard.

Anyways, working on catching Terrakion and I just caught this
HP: 7 - 8
Att: 28 - 30
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 11 - 12
Speed: 31

HARDY!!!!

I could've lived with this if it was Adamant, Lonely, or Naughty, maybe even a +spe nature because it's going to be a Rock Polisher, but I can't live with Hardy.

Let's try this again...for the umpteenth time...

Got the "real" game today.

I have a question I asked in the simple q thread but no one answered, so maybe here it gets more attention:
in route 1 belle mentions a "challenge" who catches the most Pokemon(in route 1 minus surfing it'd be starter + patrat + lillipup + audino), now if you do do you actually get something or just a free-edge challenge? I'm asking because I'm curious if she gives me an item or something, and Audino is hard to find without bike/running shoes.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't really do anything, and you don't need to catch an Audino - Cheren and Belle only catch one Pokemon, and you can just catch both Patrat and Lillipup.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but can anyone confirm if the Trainer Card counts the number of pokemon you have encountered/defeated?
Contrary to the previous answer, it does. It's not obvious, but on the back side of the Trainer Card, where the ID No, Time, and Adventure Started date are displayed, that upper box can be scrolled by dragging the stylus. Doing so will reveal a wealth of other info, including Wild Pokemon Encounters and Trainers Battled. (No separate Caught/Defeated/Ran From/Lost To stats though).

Figured I'd post this here since it does pertain to in-game mostly..
Just hatched this Mienfoo and was thrilled! Until I noticed it had Inner Focus....
Mienfoo - #619 (Jolly)
HP: 27 - 29
Att: 31
Def: 0 - 16
SpA: 7 - 14
SpD: 25 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

Anyway I was soft-resseting for Adamant Magikarp from Salesman, and each time no matter what it had the characteristic 'Alert to sounds' I checked on Serebii's IV calculator and it either has a 26 or 31 IV each time. I wasnt RNG abusing, but the same stat poppep up each time.
Can anyone confirm this because it means this Magikarp is rarer than we thought

Anyway I was soft-resseting for Adamant Magikarp from Salesman, and each time no matter what it had the characteristic 'Alert to sounds' I checked on Serebii's IV calculator and it either has a 26 or 31 IV each time. I wasnt RNG abusing, but the same stat poppep up each time.
Can anyone confirm this because it means this Magikarp is rarer than we thought
It might have the generic in-game 20-31-20-20-20-20 spread. Check the other stats.

Either way, it likely has a pre-set IV spread.

The 31 is in speed by the way, and for attack, no matter how hard I try, I levelled it up to lv6 and every time it will not have a 31 Attack IV. (Max of 29)
Pre-set Ivs. Likely

I finnaly got an Adamant one anyway and I will be going into the Battle Subway to see its IVs and lv50

Finally.

Cottonee - #546 (Careful) : 30 - 31 / 22 / 31 / 26, 28, 30 / 31 / 12

It took me longer to hatch a good Cottonee that it took to finish both Timburr and Deino combined, but my patience paid off because this fluffy bastard has possibly flawless defenses (which is all it needs).

As for the other two:

Timburr - #532 (Adamant) : 31 / 21 - 23 / 31 / 29 / 31 / 19
Deino - #633 (Modest) : 30 - 31 / 11 / 31 / 31 / 26 - 28 / 31

The Deino is the second best pokemon I ever hatched. It only took about a week and a half worth of hatching for these three. I can't even describe how lucky I got with breeding this gen...i'm afraid to go outside cause i might get hit with a meteor or something

Finally.

It took me longer to hatch a good Cottonee that it took to finish both Timburr and Deino combined, but my patience paid off because this fluffy bastard has possibly flawless defenses (which is all it needs).

As for the other two:

The Deino is the second best pokemon I ever hatched. It only took about a week and a half worth of hatching for these three. I can't even describe how lucky I got with breeding this gen...i'm afraid to go outside cause i might get hit with a meteor or something
Awesome breeds! I'm actually in the process of attempting to breed for a good Deino myself at the moment and randomly got a perfect Special Attack IV so I'm just hoping for fate to smile on the Speed stat now that I've Power itemed the Special Attack.

I've also had good luck with breeding this gen strangely enough with my double flawless Jolly Mienfoo! :)

Starting on my new PT of White now that I have the US version.

Strangely my 4 Pokemon all have natures affecting SpA.

Rash Snivy, Impish Lillipup, Careful Patrat, Impish Panpour.

(reduced water gun hurts)

I'm about to start EV training these babies, so I have to ask a question that i'm not too sure about: how does the xp share work in relation to EVs? Like, if I stick an XP share on the deino and grind audinos with one of my fully trained dudes, how many HP evs will the deino get?

Okay, continuing from the bottom of the last page, I figured out the IVs of my Marvelous Bridge Magikarp, and I got

10 - 12 / 14 - 15 / 8 / 29 / 14 / 31

Definitely not 20/20/20/20/20/31, but yet again it has 31 Spe. That seems to be the only constant factor at work here. Interestingly, Speed is the only stat not to have a 31 IV on a traded Pokemon in-game (don't know about Munchlax, but it's Serious and it's a Munchlax, so probably HP for it).

I'm about to start EV training these babies, so I have to ask a question that i'm not too sure about: how does the xp share work in relation to EVs? Like, if I stick an XP share on the deino and grind audinos with one of my fully trained dudes, how many HP evs will the deino get?
Unless your Deino has pokerus then it should just gain the standard 2 HP evs per Audino while holding the exp. share.

Finally.

As for the other two:

Umm...kinda slow for a Cottonee? I mean, I dunno what you're using it for exactly, but it's gonna lose out to things like 31 IV djinns, other Whimsicotts, and why Careful? Unless you're planning on using physical attacks with it, which makes no sense as its SpA is better and Careful is killing it...

Whimsicott is not offensive. It uses only moves in the status category (substitute, leech seed, stun spore and other shits come to mind), which Mischievous Heart (its ability) give priority to. Whimsicott needs a lot more defense and hp investments to survive some hits. speeds ivs are rarely significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)