Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine you'd EVER want a -Spe nature on Salamence. Use the Adamant one, though even that's inferior to having a 31 Spe IV.

Alright, I just go to Icirrus City. In Twist Mountain before then there is a pokeball that I can see but I can't get to as well as 2 items that show up on the dowsing machine that I can't get too. I've gone through the mines twice now and I can't find a way to get to any of them! Am I just missing something or do I have to wait till later in the game to get them?

Question:

If your OPPONENT has Trick Room set up and YOU used Aqua Jet/Mach Punch/etc will you still move first?
Yes. Trick Room adjusts speed, not priority.

Also to the user above, the dowsing machine items are only available in winter, as are some in Twisted Mountain and I would assume other areas.

My question is, what are the IV ranges for comments that the judge in the subway station says? I'm only interested in the comment for a 31 IV and the next range below that. Any help would be appreciated.

Alright, I just go to Icirrus City. In Twist Mountain before then there is a pokeball that I can see but I can't get to as well as 2 items that show up on the dowsing machine that I can't get too. I've gone through the mines twice now and I can't find a way to get to any of them! Am I just missing something or do I have to wait till later in the game to get them?
Wait a couple days--Winter starts in April!

Here's my question: If I use Gastro Acid, and the Pokemon I used it against switches out, does it regain the use of its ability when it switches back in?

Yes. Trick Room adjusts speed, not priority.

Also to the user above, the dowsing machine items are only available in winter, as are some in Twisted Mountain and I would assume other areas.

My question is, what are the IV ranges for comments that the judge in the subway station says? I'm only interested in the comment for a 31 IV and the next range below that. Any help would be appreciated.
He only says if your Pokemon has a 31 IV or if it doesn't. He doesn't specify beyond that.

He only says if your Pokemon has a 31 IV or if it doesn't. He doesn't specify beyond that.
He's actually pretty specific, especially this time around. You want your guy to be Outstanding(Relatively Superior at worst), and the comment for a 31 is "can't be better", I think Fantastic is the range below that, but that can be pretty iffy; I know it can be anywhere from 26 to 30, and that's your highest stat.

Can someone please answer my question?

Are IVs and Nature no longer connected to the PID? Only abilities, gender and shininess are? So if I were to edit the IVs of a pokemon, it wouldn't have contradicting data?

In terms of Pokémon I can use in the Subway, the banlist is the same as the Battle Frontier banlist except with the addition of Zekrom, Kyurem, Reshiram, Keldeo, Genesect, and Victini right?

And as far as Pokémon usable in the Subway go, are there any 5th generation Pokémon that would work well for a role in setting up for Drapion to set up like Uxie or Mesprit did in the Frontier? Or should I stick to using Uxie or Mesprit? Also are there any new good leads for that team?

In terms of Pokémon I can use in the Subway, the banlist is the same as the Battle Frontier banlist except with the addition of Zekrom, Kyurem, Reshiram, Keldeo, Genesect, and Victini right?

And as far as Pokémon usable in the Subway go, are there any 5th generation Pokémon that would work well for a role in setting up for Drapion to set up like Uxie or Mesprit did in the Frontier? Or should I stick to using Uxie or Mesprit? Also are there any new good leads for that team?
For the first question, yes, and also Meloetta (both forms)

For the second question, I do not know.

@ Spectator;
I'm pretty sure Ability has nothing to do with PID anymore, which is why guys can change abilites if you trade them over and then evolve them. Other than that, I have no idea.

Kindrindra:

After You makes the opponent move after the user even if is about to use Trick Room, Counter, or the like. However, it won't work if the opponent took its turn before the user.

Let's say that my Excadrill (with Sand Rush) is going up against a Speed Boost Pokemon in a sandstorm. Who will go first in the second turn of the battle?

lpmx746:

Both Sand Rush and Speed Boost modify Speed only in a relative manner, not absolute:

Sand Rush -- "Bearer's Speed is doubled during Sandstorm."
Speed Boost -- "At the end of each round, increases bearer's Speed by 1 stage..." (in a single turn, this would be equivalent to multiplying the Speed by 1.5.)

However, it is impossible to say which Pokemon will go first in this scenario without more.

I'm thinking of running a Agility Sweeper Zapdos set without Baton pass. Any ideas on the EV spread/nature/moveset? I don't think I will be running Hidden Power either. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

lpmx746:

Both Sand Rush and Speed Boost modify Speed only in a relative manner, not absolute:

Sand Rush -- "Bearer's Speed is doubled during Sandstorm."
Speed Boost -- "At the end of each round, increases bearer's Speed by 1 stage..." (in a single turn, this would be equivalent to multiplying the Speed by 1.5.)

However, it is impossible to say which Pokemon will go first in this scenario without more.
My Excadrill will have a Speed stat of 544 in a sandstorm. I'm slightly concerned about Blaziken. I wanted to use Tyranitar as a lead and then switch into Excadrill. My Excadrill will still be able to outspeed Blaziken in the second turn, but I doubt it can survive a hit from a fighting or fire move.

As far as Pokémon usable in the Subway go, are there any 5th generation Pokémon that would work well for a role in setting up for Drapion to set up like Uxie or Mesprit did in the Frontier? Or should I stick to using Uxie or Mesprit? Also are there any new good leads for that team?

Important: If anyone would like to work with me in constructing a Subway team centering around Drapion, drop me a VM.

I've made a team and have been testing it out recently, however I've been losing a lot. I'm assuming it's just I don't know how to make a good team so I came here to see what's wrong with it.

I won't give full details (unless needed) since it's basically all copied Smogon recommended movesets / common movesets.

My team is:
Ferrothorn (SR, leech seeder)
Chandelure (sweeper)
Hydreigon (Sweeper)
Conkeldurr (bulk up moveset)
Cloyster (shell smash)
Volcarona (Quiver dance sweeper)

I want to know if this looks like a solid team? Does it have the right types of pokemon? good type coverage? or is it just a mish mosh of OU's that don't work well together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)